Formation going forward

GersInCanada

McGregor

3 CB's (plenty of choice)

Tav and Borna bombing forward

1 DM (Kamara or Jack)

Aribo, Kent, Hagi, Morelos as a very fluid front line/attacking midfielders.

Strangely enough I think that Gerrard shares this opinion (based only on what we have seen in pre season and the sheep game). Could just be the way to 55.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more concerned about the plan B which has been missing. We need to be able to switch to two up top imo if we can't break teams down. I think the 433 we play is good (incredible in Europe) when we have space. Last season when teams caught onto it we had nothing to switch to.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

I'm more concerned about the plan B which has been missing. We need to be able to switch to two up top imo if we can't break teams down. I think the 433 we play is good (incredible in Europe) when we have space. Last season when teams caught onto it we had nothing to switch to.

2 seasons now you'd think you would know there is no plan B. Fuck just getting Gerrard to use subs is tough enough let alone have a plan B.

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Would love to hear the reasoning why you believe Gerrard shares that same view.

Nothing from Sat or olore pre season suggets that at all, imo.

Just a random thought that I felt like posting. You are free to disagree with it.

51 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Don't remember Gerrard ever going 3 at the back or deviating much from 4-3-3/ 4-2-3-1. Doubt that'll change.

He tried 3 at the back once away against Motherwell in his first season. Played Flanagan, Goldson and Katic. 

7 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

He tried 3 at the back once away against Motherwell in his first season. Played Flanagan, Goldson and Katic. 

I honestly thought we looked good. Sure that was Lafferty's debut as well. It was obvious it was new and players hadn't fully adapted to it but we created a lot.

It’s a 4-3-3. 

New signings will be signed to / have to fit into it. 

Think there will be more focus on the central striker playing more like Firminho. Dropping in and allowing the ‘two 10s’ to get beyond. 

Roofe is perfect for that role. Might actually have some competition for the front 3 now. 

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

McGregor

3 CB's (plenty of choice)

Tav and Borna bombing forward

1 DM (Kamara or Jack)

Aribo, Kent, Hagi, Morelos as a very fluid front line/attacking midfielders.

Strangely enough I think that Gerrard shares this opinion (based only on what we have seen in pre season and the sheep game). Could just be the way to 55.

He’s possibly even more tied to the 4-3-3 than Warburton. 

Not sure how you could possibly see a system with 3 at the back from preseason? 

you can tall that gerrard is trying to create the liverpool style with us  thats why people who wanted dykes or his like are talking rubbish   he wants a front 3 who can interchange..    after all liverpool dont have a no 9 formino wears the shirt but he is not your standard centre forward  we will play with hagi kent and possibly roofe moving all over the front with back up from the 2 full backs

4 minutes ago, billscott said:

you can tall that gerrard is trying to create the liverpool style with us  thats why people who wanted dykes or his like are talking rubbish   he wants a front 3 who can interchange..    after all liverpool dont have a no 9 formino wears the shirt but he is not your standard centre forward  we will play with hagi kent and possibly roofe moving all over the front with back up from the 2 full backs

McKenna and Considine dislike this. 

4 minutes ago, billscott said:

The difference is in England most teams are willing to have a go maybe apart from a handful of shite teams. Up here every team sits in(apart from them) and that style of play maybe doesn't suit us in the league as we don't have the same quality to unlock the packed defences. 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Don't remember Gerrard ever going 3 at the back or deviating much from 4-3-3/ 4-2-3-1. Doubt that'll change.

Tried it away to Motherwell, had Flanagan at centre back. 

Appeared to have two up top against St Johnstone after half time in the 2-2, then changed to normal when we went 2-1 up, plus Braga with whatever formation we ended up with. That’s all I can think of.

3 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

The difference is in England most teams are willing to have a go maybe apart from a handful of shite teams. Up here every team sits in(apart from them) and that style of play maybe doesn't suit us in the league as we don't have the same quality to unlock the packed defences. 

rubbish  so what is the alternative pump high ball up to a big diddy centre forward la.st year we scored lots of goals against these teams except in later part of the season  you are not telling me that every team that plays liverpool does not sit back and defend  i know they have better quality  but get an early goal and most of them have to open out as a fan i would much rather see us playing quick fast moving passing as we did in the 1st half on sat  than long aimless balls up the park to someone like dykes etc

1 minute ago, billscott said:

rubbish  so what is the alternative pump high ball up to a big diddy centre forward la.st year we scored lots of goals against these teams except in later part of the season  you are not telling me that every team that plays liverpool does not sit back and defend  i know they have better quality  but get an early goal and most of them have to open out as a fan i would much rather see us playing quick fast moving passing as we did in the 1st half on sat  than long aimless balls up the park to someone like dykes etc

Hahaha I never said anything like that. You've taken offence to something I haven't said, I was merely suggesting that he's trying to copy a system that might not suit us as much as it does Liverpool as they have much better quality. I'd love see us continuously play fast free flowing football as well. 

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

2 seasons now you'd think you would know there is no plan B. Fuck just getting Gerrard to use subs is tough enough let alone have a plan B.

My personal feeling is that he doesn't believe the bench is good enough. If we get in a box to box midfielder I think the squad will be in a very good place.

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Tbf have you seen our subs bench, sunday amateur teams would have struggled to use our bench on saturday, for the money we've spent it was horrendous 

Archived