Welcome to Rangers Kemar Roofe

graeme_4

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, JC10 said:

Someone's been at his wiki already 

Kemar Roofe (born 6 January 1993) is an English professional footballer who plays as a striker, winger or an attacking midfielder for Belgian First Division A club Anderlecht.also batters tims on a daily basis :lol:

3 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

If this happens then I expect Alfredo to be away by the end of the week.  

Not seen enough of Roofe to know if he’ll be a good replacement or not.

Hopefully, doesn't even look like he's tried to get himself fit this season. 

Just now, Smile said:

How would I know I have not weighed him but watching him in pre-season he looks miles behind the rest of the players.

But you can tell he's not tried to get fit? Amazing that the coaching staff have just let him saunter about for the last month.

Having watched him against Aberdeen, I think you're talking absolute nonsense.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

But you can tell he's not tried to get fit? Amazing that the coaching staff have just let him saunter about for the last month.

Having watched him against Aberdeen, I think you're talking absolute nonsense.

Your entitled to that opinion but if you thought he looked fit against Aberdeen you are just kidding yourself on, turned slower than a bus and could not get away from a man.

https://www.Rangers.co.uk/Article/Rangers-sign-kemar-roofe/3JOQ8m4TAjUgzKBAnMkocR

Rangers are delighted to confirm Kemar Roofe has joined the club on a four year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Roofe, 27, joins from R.S.C Anderlecht, having spent a successful period at Leeds United prior to moving to Belgium.

During his time at Leeds, he quickly became a fans’ favourite, forging a reputation as a prolific goal scorer. He was regularly nominated for, and awarded EFL Championship Player of the Month during his spell in Yorkshire, which led to a move to Belgium.

Born in England, but with eligibility for Jamaica, Roofe began his career at West Bromwich Albion, where he had successful loan spells in England and Iceland.

He is mostly deployed as a central striker, but has shown versatility and can also play on the right wing. Known for his composure in front of goal and clever movement, Rangers fans will be hoping to see Roofe hit the ground running in a light blue shirt.

Kemar will join up with his new teammates when they return from Germany.

Sporting Director, Ross Wilson, commented: “Kemar was a primary target going in to this transfer window and we are absolutely delighted that he has chosen to join Rangers.

"He is a player that has been admired for some time by Steven and the staff and we are all very excited about what he can add to our team.”

First Team Manager, Steven Gerrard added: “Kemar is recognised throughout Europe as an intelligent attacker with an eye for goal. I look forward to working with him and recognise his potential to further progress our starting XI.

"He has experienced the pressure and expectation at Leeds United and has played on the continent which will stand him in good stead for his time at Ibrox.”

Kemar Roofe underlined his delight at joining Rangers on a permanent deal, explaining, “I am delighted to join Rangers and look forward to meeting up with my new teammates.

"Rangers are a huge club, with ambition and I know this is the right fit for me to progress my career.

"I am looking forward to experiencing Ibrox and am excited to play in Europe.”

Archived