Welcome to Rangers Kemar Roofe

graeme_4

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

Just as well we never announced this yesterday or we would have had at least 4000 damaged top fs 

Still some out for delivery today mate probably rabid tims bitting into the bags 

12 minutes ago, Assegai said:

https://www.Rangers.co.uk/Article/Rangers-sign-kemar-roofe/3JOQ8m4TAjUgzKBAnMkocR

Rangers are delighted to confirm Kemar Roofe has joined the club on a four year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Roofe, 27, joins from R.S.C Anderlecht, having spent a successful period at Leeds United prior to moving to Belgium.

During his time at Leeds, he quickly became a fans’ favourite, forging a reputation as a prolific goal scorer. He was regularly nominated for, and awarded EFL Championship Player of the Month during his spell in Yorkshire, which led to a move to Belgium.

Born in England, but with eligibility for Jamaica, Roofe began his career at West Bromwich Albion, where he had successful loan spells in England and Iceland.

He is mostly deployed as a central striker, but has shown versatility and can also play on the right wing. Known for his composure in front of goal and clever movement, Rangers fans will be hoping to see Roofe hit the ground running in a light blue shirt.

Kemar will join up with his new teammates when they return from Germany.

Sporting Director, Ross Wilson, commented: “Kemar was a primary target going in to this transfer window and we are absolutely delighted that he has chosen to join Rangers.

"He is a player that has been admired for some time by Steven and the staff and we are all very excited about what he can add to our team.”

First Team Manager, Steven Gerrard added: “Kemar is recognised throughout Europe as an intelligent attacker with an eye for goal. I look forward to working with him and recognise his potential to further progress our starting XI.

"He has experienced the pressure and expectation at Leeds United and has played on the continent which will stand him in good stead for his time at Ibrox.”

Kemar Roofe underlined his delight at joining Rangers on a permanent deal, explaining, “I am delighted to join Rangers and look forward to meeting up with my new teammates.

"Rangers are a huge club, with ambition and I know this is the right fit for me to progress my career.

"I am looking forward to experiencing Ibrox and am excited to play in Europe.”

Delighted to get him, I certainly liked watching him at Leeds anytime they were on the TV.

I also think he is a good age at 27, still with some youth but also a fair bit of experience, let's hope he does really well for us. :cup:

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

In a group chat and somebody literally said they would rather have had Dykes. 

Watched him on Saturday. Didnt get a sniff against St. Mirren and every chance Joe Shaugnessy still has him tucked away in his back pocket. I've never seen such a myth grow around a player based on one good game.

Archived