Welcome to Rangers, Cedric Itten

Broxi

32 minutes ago, TheJacketRFC said:

Seen a video on Youtube that never really got me excited, But cannot wait to be proved wrong hope he comes in and strolls this league.

(If anyone has any decent videos of him please share with me)

I thought his video was alright, nothing spectacular but shows he has that knack of being right place, right time given number of 1, 2 yard tap ins he got.

Comfortable with his head given quarter of his goals were with his nut which is a good sign with number of crosses we get into the box and hopefully give us a threat at set pieces. Also gives us another dimension if we need to lump it up front.

One or two strikes from outside the box but looks more of a penalty box striker. I can’t remember buffalo scoring too many from distance so not like we’re losing that element.

Didn't see much of his hold up play which is a concern, doubt you’d get someone as good as Morelos holding it up anyway he’s one of the best I’ve seen at it. One of the things we will miss massively once he’s gone.

Case of wait and see.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I thought his video was alright, nothing spectacular but shows he has that knack of being right place, right time given number of 1, 2 yard tap ins he got.

Comfortable with his head given quarter of his goals were with his nut which is a good sign with number of crosses we get into the box and hopefully give us a threat at set pieces. Also gives us another dimension if we need to lump it up front.

One or two strikes from outside the box but looks more of a penalty box striker. I can’t remember buffalo scoring too many from distance so not like we’re losing that element.

Didn't see much of his hold up play which is a concern, doubt you’d get someone as good as Morelos holding it up anyway he’s one of the best I’ve seen at it. One of the things we will miss massively once he’s gone.

Case of wait and see.

You must not have picked a good video lol the one I watched was all fancy hold up play dribbling and passing with some good strikes sprinkled in

49 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

Manky Mob are having C_Ittens about where the money 💰 is coming from!!

It's hilarious,  they're complaining about how we're able to get transfers in so quickly without the media knowing, and their signing is slow, very public and not showing much progress.

They're arguing with each other about how we can afford the players etc

It really is a thing of beauty

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Good to hear, what’s the name of it and I’ll check it out?

Watch this one mate, 3 cracking goals in a row: 

And then watch these highlights from his last match at St Gallen last week where he scored 3 and assisted 1 in the same game:

And then this one is good up until about 2:17 where it appears to be totally random videos after that for some reason:

Seems like he can strike the ball with both feet as well which is good.

Also watching a few random game highlights it seems like he wasn't always played as a striker and sometimes in an attacking midfield role which makes his goalscoring stats look better again too 

1 hour ago, Swally said:

It's hilarious,  they're complaining about how we're able to get transfers in so quickly without the media knowing, and their signing is slow, very public and not showing much progress.

They're arguing with each other about how we can afford the players etc

It really is a thing of beauty

Some of the stuff from them is comedy gold 🤣 

Absolutely frothing at the mouth we're strengthening our team and blowing away their belief we're skint. 

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

Seems like he can strike the ball with both feet as well which is good.

Also watching a few random game highlights it seems like he wasn't always played as a striker and sometimes in an attacking midfield role which makes his goalscoring stats look better again too 

Same with Roofe.

Goals with each foot and interestingly not a single arsehole winder from either of them. All placed and slotted shots, with variety too (poaching inside the 6 yard box, long range efforts  outside the 18 yard box etc).... or scored with the head.

One of my criticisms of Morelos was that he almost always went with an almighty skelp. Bar the goal v Aberdeen, which sticks in my mind for that very reason. Also lost count the number of headers  that went a begging. 

Ittens and Roofe might not replace the volume of goals but hopefully they are better at keeping a cool head when faced with a critical opportunity, and when facing an opposition intent on the wind up.

We don’t need to replace the volume of goals per se, we need goals scored when it matters: game changers. 

Time will tell.

5 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

I think Itten may do better than Roofe. But will Gerrard play both?

Are either of them penalty takers? I like to see a striker record with as many open play goals as possible.

Roofe has scored 5 and missed 4 in his career and Itten hasn't hit any.

1 hour ago, beararse said:

Same with Roofe.

Goals with each foot and interestingly not a single arsehole winder from either of them. All placed and slotted shots, with variety too (poaching inside the 6 yard box, long range efforts  outside the 18 yard box etc).... or scored with the head.

One of my criticisms of Morelos was that he almost always went with an almighty skelp. Bar the goal v Aberdeen, which sticks in my mind for that very reason. Also lost count the number of headers  that went a begging. 

Ittens and Roofe might not replace the volume of goals but hopefully they are better at keeping a cool head when faced with a critical opportunity, and when facing an opposition intent on the wind up.

We don’t need to replace the volume of goals per se, we need goals scored when it matters: game changers. 

Time will tell.

Absolutely mate, Morelos is not a composed or clean striker of the ball at all. In fairness to him he did have that spell where he was nestling balls in the bottom left corner across the keeper for fun but other than that he scores mainly close range goals or relies on power. Itten and Roofe both look like good strikers of the ball and capable of a variety of goals as you say. 

53 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

Itten has hit penalties. There are videos on YouTube in which he hits a couple at least. Scored  them, too.

35 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Apologies, must've been given dud information online.

I don't think Itten was the main taker, he apparently scored 2 last season. And when I was watching a bunch of St Gallen match highlights he wasn't taking the penalties in those games. Think I saw 3 penalties being taken by one of their midfielders. 

Pretty excited, a young striker with a good goal record in a comparable league despite not taking (most) penalties and being played in midfield semi-often. 

3 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Had a look through St Gallen forums and they don't seem to pleased with the fees being banded about of 4, they expected more.

They definitely won't be happy if the report that it was a £2.7m release clause is true then aha

11 hours ago, TheJacketRFC said:

Seen a video on Youtube that never really got me excited, But cannot wait to be proved wrong hope he comes in and strolls this league.

(If anyone has any decent videos of him please share with me)

Try this one ;) 

11 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

To everyone saying they saw a video that didnt excite them.. check this one out. I, for one, am really fucking excited!

Seems to love getting into the 6 yard box which is quite refreshing!

8 hours ago, ShanksRFC said:

Roofe has scored 5 and missed 4 in his career and Itten hasn't hit any.

Aye he has. His videos has him hit at least 2.

The tarriers are funny as fuck. Saying we are drug dealing and gun running on a large scale to fund these signings :lol: 

14 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

The tarriers are funny as fuck. Saying we are drug dealing and gun running on a large scale to fund these signings :lol: 

Aye a got dud information as mentioned above, apologies.

19 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

you can find us on the darkweb. 

peruvian 

columbian and bolivian are great sellers for Rangers

Archived