A double signing deserves a wee song....

beararse

10 minutes ago, beararse said:

It's alright, obviously no fellow fans on here will have had, or have cancer!

As a former cancer patient myself, i find it astonishing that folk seem to think this kinda pish is funny. 

By sheer coincidence, i was also recently diagnosed as having a brain tumour (a benign Acoustic Neuroma) which is affecting my hearing.

That shitty mate. Hope you're getting treatment. That's why I posted mentioning it was a shite thing to joke about. Everyone and their dog will probably be affected by cancer at some point. Imagine the wee guy will feel bad writing it and maybe even regrets it but there's never any joke involving cancer. Ive seen many posts and posters on here with fellow bears and cancer.

17 minutes ago, beararse said:

It's alright, obviously no fellow fans on here will have had, or have cancer!

As a former cancer patient myself, i find it astonishing that folk seem to think this kinda pish is funny. 

By sheer coincidence, i was also recently diagnosed as having a brain tumour (a benign Acoustic Neuroma) which is affecting my hearing so maybe thats whats happened to him too :)

3 minutes ago, beararse said:

that's my best review to date :)

Mate, you canny start decrying cancer jokes then say a post which includes gif of a boy wae down syndrome is your best review to date :lol:

It's obviously a touchy subject, but nobody is saying cancer is funny.

Sorry to hear about your illnesses.

25 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

That shitty mate. Hope you're getting treatment. That's why I posted mentioning it was a shite thing to joke about. Everyone and their dog will probably be affected by cancer at some point. Imagine the wee guy will feel bad writing it and maybe even regrets it but there's never any joke involving cancer. Ive seen many posts and posters on here with fellow bears and cancer.

8-10 hours of neurosurgery beckons at some point, but its not going to kill me (technically its not cancer as its benign), although i may well end up with a slightly wonky face.

Was also diagnosed with cancer when i was 21 (28 years ago) and ended up getting a bone marrow transplant.

Had an argument on the supporters bus a year or so later when some fanny was shouting that he hoped Tony Mowbray's wife died in pain. Fucking tit! 

Like you said, pretty much everyone will be affected by it, either directly or indirectly. Im sure the fella didn't mean to cause any offence.

28 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Mate, you canny start decrying cancer jokes then say a post which includes gif of a boy wae down syndrome is your best review to date :lol:

It's obviously a touchy subject, but nobody is saying cancer is funny.

Sorry to hear about your illnesses.

Fair point....in my defence, i never really cottoned on to the fact the lad had Downs. It was only once i hit 'send' that i realised.

My son has additional support needs AND friends have a Downs child so  wouldn't have posted if i had paid attention.

Perhaps I got carried away with reading 'good effort' rather than 'fuck off' and 'ban this cunt' .... which i think was yours @Mr Soprano :)  

11 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Why are we pretending cancer isn't joked about regularly 

I don't think it is tho', is it?

Apart from folk occasionally saying 'oh, that gave me cancer!'

And let's face it, thats not even a joke, unless you're 9 years old (or Frankie Boyle)

For the record, it didnt offend me despite the fact that, as well as my own issues, my father has terminal lung cancer, but it will offend others who are going through it right now and who are on here. 

Archived