Season ticket benefits?

Bearsden bear

Obviously this season we have stuck our hands in our pockets and backed the club, despite not knowing when we will get to a game.

I know we get the home games on RTV but they can be purchased for £10 per game. In our household (3 ST) its costing us about £75 per game.

I would like to see the club do a monthly draw or such for season ticket holders to go to the training centre and meet a couple of players. Or maybe some other activities to give us supporters something back. Maybe they could make a wee feature on rtv or youtube to publicise these events.

Slim chance of winning raffle etc but it would be a  great opportunity for younger bears (and older ones) to maybe get to spend a few mins with their heroes. And it costs the club nothing but some time.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your season ticket 'benefits' is that you get into Ibrox to watch the games.

I'm running the risk of sounding like a cunt here, but everyone chose to renew in the middle of a pandemic and knew there was a chance they might not get to see a lot of games this season due to it and the safety concerns. 

It was a fantastic response from the support and the club have arranged to make sure they (season ticket holders) can watch these games they miss out on, for free, on PPV TV.

Where has this new trend of wanting more actually come from? the fans (rightly) took the plaudits for stumping up hard earned cash, in this really challenging time for the club (and the economy/world/population in general). 

If any of the above was an issue, then you shouldn't have renewed. No-one would have thought any less - well I wouldn't have anyway.

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I'm running the risk of sounding like a cunt here, but everyone chose to renew in the middle of a pandemic and knew there was a chance they might not get to see a lot of games this season due to it and the safety concerns. 

It was a fantastic response from the support and the club have arranged to make sure they can watch these games they miss out on, for free, on PPV TV.

Where has this new trend of wanting more actually come from? the fans (rightly) took the plaudits for stumping up hard earned cash, in this really challenging time for the club (and the economy/world/population in general). 

If any of the above was an issue, then you shouldn't have renewed. No-one would have thought any less - well I wouldn't have anyway.

It’s not for free.

Just now, MattyBlue said:

Are season ticket holders paying extra on top of season ticket prices for access to RTV?

Free is paying nothing, not paying for your season ticket.

Just now, British_Empire said:

For season ticket holders it is

It’s not, because to be able to watch you have to pay, regardless of it being extra or not.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It’s not, because to be able to watch you have to pay, regardless of it being extra or not.

you've already paid regardless tho so you get this on top - to argue otherwise, is just being a twat with semantics tbh

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

So season ticket holders who paid money (good hard earned money) for a season ticket... and didn’t pay money for RTV, but now have access for RTV haven’t gotten it for free ?

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

It’s just being right.

It's not. You are nit-picking what you consider the definition of free to be.

The club already have the season ticket money irrespective of these games on TV.

Season ticket holders get them at no cost, non-season ticket holders have to pay.

What do you suggest? every season ticket holder get's their pro-rata season ticket payments back, minus £9.99 for each of these games or something? if so, send Roofe and Itten back beacuse we can't afford them.

16 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

It was a fantastic response from the support and the club have arranged to make sure they (season ticket holders) can watch these games they miss out on, for free, on PPV TV.

Fuck sake, two days now we've agreed. 

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

It's not. You are nit-picking what you consider the definition of free to be.

The club already have the season ticket money irrespective of these games on TV.

Season ticket holders get them at no cost, non-season ticket holders have to pay.

What do you suggest? every season ticket holder get's their pro-rata season ticket payments back, minus £9.99 for each of these games or something? if so, send Roofe and Itten back beacuse we can't afford them.

It is.

Without cost or fee is the definition, therefore it’s not free considering people have paid to get it.

I’m not suggesting anything different, just saying people aren’t getting to watch it for free :lol: 

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It is.

Without cost or fee is the definition, therefore it’s not free considering people have paid to get it.

I’m not suggesting anything different, just saying people aren’t getting to watch it for free :lol: 

they haven't paid to get it though. They paid for Rangers season tickets. Remember the announcement regards the televised matches came after folk stumped up cash.

You are conflating two things. 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If I didn't pay for a ST I wouldn't be able to watch the games on RTV therefore it's not free. 

You paid for your ST and are entitled to whats in the t&c for that contract.

If you paid over and above for these games, you would be paying for them then. If you aren't, and we aren't, then you're not paying for them. Or you are, you're paying the sum of zero.

Feel free to show any term, condition or contract which defines you paying for these games.

35 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I largely agree with this tbh, I renewed my season ticket with my eyes wide open to the uncertainty and everyone should have been the same 

3 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Rangers sent season tickets holders a code , instead of sitting in our seat we use that code watch it on RTV how the fuck it’s that even close to being free 😂

When you consider what you're entitled to in the terms and conditions of your ST contract, and then consider what you're getting, its quite simply free.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

When you consider what you're entitled to in the terms and conditions of your ST contract, and then consider what you're getting, its quite simply free.

See (eg) if the club said season ticket holders can watch the games on RTV with not a single pence leaving our accounts then once we’re back you can pay the remainder of your season ticket for the games you get to attend then it’s free 

paying £480 to get a code to watch on RTV ain’t free 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

See (eg) if the club said season ticket holders can watch the games on RTV with not a single pence leaving our accounts then once we’re back you can pay the remainder of your season ticket for the games you get to attend then it’s free 

paying £480 to get a code to watch on RTV ain’t free 

You're entitled to access to the stadium, subject to laws of the land. Those current laws prevent clubs permitting access.

If we get to the summer and have seen no games, the club will have fulfilled their part of the contract. There is no legal right to refund in the contract, last season a refund was given but not as a contractual obligation.

That's your entitlement for your ST money. Anything over and above that is additional. If you're getting over and above that, without paying more, its free.

Off to watch the game now 😁👍

Archived