Official Rangers vs St Mirren Match Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Just watching the highlights of the game atm after work and that tackle in the first half by Balogun was impressive

It was, made it even better that he had to adjust to goldson making a complete cunt of it seconds beforehand lol

Few times today goldson fannied about and it nearly cost us, games like this he loses focus so easily

56 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Bassey looked pretty good when he came on. Outstanding save by Alnwick to prevent him from scoring.

He looked a bit of a fuckin' unit galloping down the flank. Hopefully he'll be a good backup for Borna.

14 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Watched the highlights a couple of times.  If we can get a bit more composure with our shooting we will be putting 7,8,9 past these sorts of teams. 

I think we lose composure when shooting cause we take so long to do so it allow defenders to close us down and we need to hurry the shot in the end

If we were quicker in attack i think we'd score more goals

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I think we lose composure when shooting cause we take so long to do so it allow defenders to close us down and we need to hurry the shot in the end

If we were quicker in attack i think we'd score more goals

Right there.  Hope we are practicing shooting under pressure against packed defenses. 

We strolled that game but there was times I wondered if we could manage the 3nd goal, to be fair Alnwick had a solid game.

Team needs to find that proper ruthless streak as their play deserved more goals IMO.

On 09/08/2020 at 20:33, peter huistra said:

Barisic had a good game too , Gerrards best signing imo

Yes, hard to believe he looked out of his depth when he first arrived which was always a surprise considering he was an established Croatian internationalist.  

On 09/08/2020 at 22:59, Camshy said:

We strolled that game but there was times I wondered if we could manage the 3nd goal, to be fair Alnwick had a solid game.

Team needs to find that proper ruthless streak as their play deserved more goals IMO.

I agree, my ticker could have benefitted from  us getting a second goal earlier in the game  and also a second against the Sheep.  We dropped points in 8 games last season and the biggest disappointment for me was 4 of these we were leading in but didn't kill the game. 

Archived