Official Rangers vs St Mirren Match Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Most excited I’ve been for a game in a while. 

Looking forward to seeing the new boys.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic

Jack Kamara Aribo

Hagi Itten Kent 

Get Roofe in after 60 mins for either Jack or Kamara, and drop Hagi in one.

I think Alfredo will start, in which case Jack will occupy the one DM role with Airbo and Hagi in behind the front 3, with Kamara dropping to the bench. The front 3 will be Itten, Morelos and Kent. 

McLaughlin 

Hagi Jack Aribo

Itten Morelos Kent

Sounds like McGregor has a niggling issue from Leverkusen and Roofe needs another 7-10 days to get up to speed.

10 hours ago, James Rolle said:

I think Alfredo will start, in which case Jack will occupy the one DM role with Airbo and Hagi in behind the front 3, with Kamara dropping to the bench. The front 3 will be Itten, Morelos and Kent. 

McLaughlin 

Hagi Jack Aribo

Itten Morelos Kent

Sounds like McGregor has a niggling issue from Leverkusen and Roofe needs another 7-10 days to get up to speed.

Do you want us to score or no?

If Itten is playing imo he should be through the middle

Morelos should be rewarded  for his poor performance against Leverkusen by being on the bench, or not included at all. His head's not in the right place and it would be mental to start with him.

Personally I doubt Itten will start, if Roofe's fit I'd expect him to start before him due to his experience playing for Leeds.

2 hours ago, Swally said:

Do you want us to score or no?

If Itten is playing imo he should be through the middle

Morelos should be rewarded  for his poor performance against Leverkusen by being on the bench, or not included at all. His head's not in the right place and it would be mental to start with him.

Personally I doubt Itten will start, if Roofe's fit I'd expect him to start before him due to his experience playing for Leeds.

Roofe isn’t in the squad. 

Would throw Itten in there. Even if Morelos is still here, he needs to know he’s no longer undroppable. 

I realise this may sound a daft, slightly off topic question but I’ve just bought the ‘August Home Matches Live’ package. In the confirmation email is says this runs from 8th Aug to 20th Sept, does this mean you get some Sept fixtures too? 

12 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Surely Morelos got to play no matter what.

Itten will barely have met the players and Roofe is apparently not ready.

Roofe has not played in 2020 so is a good bit away SG said

itten trained with squad yesterday and has just finished the Swiss league so could feature

14 hours ago, James Rolle said:

McLaughlin 

Hagi Jack Aribo

Itten Morelos Kent

Itten is up to speed. 

43 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Surely Morelos got to play no matter what.

Itten will barely have met the players and Roofe is apparently not ready.

On the flip side there isn't a better time to bring in a hot in form striker to blend in with his team mates than against St Mirren at home. 

I want Alfredo dropped but I don't think he will be.

Itten is fit and an in form so I want to see him. Shagger is injured but I rate his back up so I am not worried there.

A 1-0 and 3 points will do me but we may just hammer them. I can easily envisage a 3,4,5 nil win.

3 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

I want Alfredo dropped but I don't think he will be.

Itten is fit and an in form so I want to see him. Shagger is injured but I rate his back up so I am not worried there.

A 1-0 and 3 points will do me but we may just hammer them. I can easily envisage a 3,4,5 nil win.

All it’s and buts at the moment but if Gerrard has any backbone, Morelos needs to be shoved on the bench at the very minimum. 

5 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

That is a massive worry in all honesty.

Could also be a major positive if it’s given him e the chance to fully recuperate from niggles etc & hopefully he’ll be absolutely desperate to get out on the park. 

21 hours ago, southcoastbear said:

Polster, he played a season at right back after he came back from injury because when he got injured they brought in schweinsteiger and he couldn't get his position back .

So I read anyway 

I think he came to us thinking he could get back into his preferred position  but SG is determined to stick with Kamara and Jack 

Fuck forgot schweinsteiger played for us please gonnae no dae that@!!

Archived