Ryan Jack

graeme_4

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He was average, and he's been average since the turn of the year, but I think the criticism here is over the top.

Best midfielder in Scotland by a mile in the first half of last season. He needs to step it up now though.

Best midfielder in Scotland or best Scottish midfielder?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Callum McGregor is superior. Wont go down well on here but its true.

I'm on about the form Jack was in in that first half of the season though. No-one touched him imo. McGregor has qualities Jack doesn't and vice-versa, I'm not sure they're that comparable.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

In the first half of last season? He was better than all of them and by far.

He had a real purple patch of about 6-8 weeks. He’d never done it before, and hasn’t done it since. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Ross County game 30th October until the 27th of December where we played Killie at Ibrox. 

10 domestic games, some "half a season" that is. 

Mate you are fucking murder at the minute! Not one positive thing to say about any cunt at the club or associated with the club other than Morelos.

Someone bored go back and re-post what we were all saying about Jack in the first half of last season.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Mate you are fucking murder at the minute! Not one positive thing to say about any cunt at the club or associated with the club other than Morelos.

Someone bored go back and re-post what we were all saying about Jack in the first half of last season.

Now that's just lies. 

Can keep the ball well enough. 

But only when he passes it sideways and backwards, 

I don't think he was helped tonight by the other two CMs, but domestically I don't think we've seen enough from him over the last 2 years.

1 minute ago, GabrielTomato said:

I don't think he was helped tonight by the other two CMs, but domestically I don't think we've seen enough from him over the last 2 years.

Never going to be the player we need him to be. Shite to say but it's true. If a player is available out there than can do that job we should be getting him and not have to keep fitting Jack in.

16 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Callum McGregor is superior. Wont go down well on here but its true.

Play in completely opposite positions, cannot compare them

Jacks problem is the system we play, the 3 sitting mids have more options backwards or sideways than they do in front of them, essentially jack, Kamara, davis and even aribo when they play centrally only have 3 players in front of them to pass it up to, usually these 3 will be marked and also the man on the ball will be getting pressed

Gerrard can talk all he wants about how we have 2 number 10's, but when your central mids pick the ball up, and their only options is 5 yards wide or back, they will never look good

We badly need aribo to be hanging off our through the middle striker, the aribo of the last 20 tonight should be the aribo for the full 90 every game, and thats not to slate aribo, ive no doubt he spends much of his time deep due to instructions 

Morelos was awful tonight, but he had absolutely no one to work with, there has to be a proper central attacking mid that can take the strikers lay off or be the bridge between the likes of jack and the strikers, 

Essentially we sat with 7 players within 30 yards of of our keeper tonight, brutal system, doesnt matter that we were up against a better team, we struggled against the sheep with the exact same setup

7 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Bit hard for him when he has 6 options either sideways or backwards, and only 3 options going forward

I hate saying it but you'd never see the tarriers with 3 centre mids all sitting 5 yards off their centre halves at any point in the game, 

Been saying it for 3 seasons , never good enough to play Centre midfield for Rangers, he’s not mobile enough for a start , the lad didn’t ask to be signed but how he’s lasted this long and is classed as a first pick is beyond me , it’s the biggest problem in the team , no point in paying millions for 2 strikers when the midfield refuse to play a forward pass , he’s the level where he came from an Aberdeen player 

57 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

He's more than capable to play in our team in the SPL but hinges on who plays alongside him. Been said in previous threads, he's dreadful when Davis plays with him but Leverkusen are on an entirely different level. 

Sadly, they are all too similar, neither Davis, Jack or Kamara are going to get around the park in a defensive role and then stooky one in from 20yards out  (cue Kamara's effort at the sheep on Saturday). 

This. Davis brings the midfield down and also Jack  down with him. Davis is done. Always plays ball back, sometimes without even looking up to see if he can go forward. Can’t tackle and doesn’t even track players( lost his marker several times tonight).  Jack is better than tonight’s showing and did show signs last season of being more adventurous.  But agreed we need something more dynamic in midfield.

Don’t want to be too harsh on him for tonight.

but generally that midfield is so unbalanced. Jack, Davis, Arfield all sitting midfielders who seem to have lost any creative edge they might have once had.

Aren’t particularly mobile and good at filling in for our full backs or breaking up play.

Don’t seem to be able to get into the box, spot a killer pass or shoot.

And Gerrard insists on playing 2 or sometimes all 3 in games where teams sit with 10 behind the ball

Archived