Gaffers reaction v's Leverkusen

LegendofCoop

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

They were a step to far tonight mate but I agree if it’s a poor result against the shite of the spl 

I get that they are the better team, but I think we gave a poor show of ourselves and could have done better imo.

The best team doesnt always win, tactically I thought we were awful and Barker and Morelos shouldnt have played.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Morelos the gaffer was damned if he played damned if he didn't.

Personally if his attitude  is stnking that bad it would have effected the squad so I would have played a development squad player if necessary, mibbee even left Buff at home and said he had a bit of a strain.

1 minute ago, berkshirebear said:

I get that they are the better team, but I think we gave a poor show of ourselves and could have done better imo.

The best team doesnt always win, tactically I thought we were awful and Barker and Morelos shouldnt have played.

Aye , agree mate , we reached nowhere near the levels of Porto etc performances 

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

Absolutely spot-on and fair (and refreshing) for him to say we're Rangers and must strive to be/get better.

But on Morelos, if he knows his heads turned, why did he play him? that's on him. He was a waste of a jersey and a man down. Big mistake. 

It's OK saying who else was there? no-one that stands out, but anyone else is better than an empty shirt and a passenger. 

Barker is one of the most technically inept, devoid of talent players I've seen at our club, he'd literally not look out of place with Robbie Crawford and Sebastian Faure in our lower league teams - but at least the effort was there and he ran his stupid wee baldy napper in.

He answered that when the follow up question was whether he thinks it's impacting his performances,

Complete no-brainer to pick Morelos tonight.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He answered that when the follow up question was whether he thinks it's impacting his performances,

Complete no-brainer to pick Morelos tonight.

Fair enough but I still don't think it's great tbh because performances, plural, means it's not just tonight - so it's obviously been a concern and he's still picked him.

I think the real time to go into meltdown over it, though, would be if he's picked against St Mirren and puts in another performance like that - compared to tonight when the tie was essentially over 3 or 4 months ago.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Fair enough but I still don't think it's great tbh because performances, plural, means it's not just tonight - so it's obviously been a concern and he's still picked him.

I think the real time to go into meltdown over it, though, would be if he's picked against St Mirren and puts in another performance like that - compared to tonight when the tie was essentially over 3 or 4 months ago.

He was shocking tonight. Possibly the worst game he's had for us.

I thought he was good against Aberdeen in terms of his all round play though, he's just not sharp enough for whatever reason at the minute. Certainly hasn't looked a £20 million player and needs a boot up the arse.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He was shocking tonight. Possibly the worst game he's had for us.

I thought he was good against Aberdeen in terms of his all round play though, he's just not sharp enough for whatever reason at the minute. Certainly hasn't looked a £20 million player and needs a boot up the arse.

I just hope those Lille cunts weren't watching the game the night :lol: 

1 hour ago, LegendofCoop said:

It's a situation that Gerrard has ultimately brought on himself. How he thinks only having two strikers at a club this size was going to work, I'll never know. Especially as one of them is in their late 30's. Even if/when Morelos goes, we'll still need one more imo. 

I think Alfie was in a difficult situation. Obviously has to play to get match fit, but also doesn't want to get injured. The club to an extent too. They want the big prize money and status of reaching later stages of tournaments like this, but also don't want to risk a massive fee. 

Ffs mate we're in unprecedented times where initially Gerrard had cover. Defoe was injured and he chose to go with morelos(even though he was unfit) over Stewart or keeping on kamberi. 

The squad was already agreed and we were stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

Morelos is going nowhere, sadly. His street-fighter style is a thing of the past and his goals in Europe I would attribute to Barisic. He's nowhere near EPL level and if Roofe hits the ground running he may have big time problems

Just now, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Ffs mate we're in unprecedented times where initially Gerrard had cover. Defoe was injured and he chose to go with morelos(even though he was unfit) over Stewart or keeping on kamberi. 

The squad was already agreed and we were stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

I'm not meaning just tonight. I'm talking about the last few months. 

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

He needs to stop digging out players. Especially a £20m asset ffs. We all know he had a shocker but come on, maybe the his analysis should’ve been I shouldn’t have played him

He's just being honest Morelos has not got himself fit this season and is not try a leg posters should stop kidding themselves on now and just admit what they see from him is not good enough.

2 minutes ago, yermaw145 said:

Morelos is going nowhere, sadly. His street-fighter style is a thing of the past and his goals in Europe I would attribute to Barisic. He's nowhere near EPL level and if Roofe hits the ground running he may have big time problems

😂

Playing Morelos was one of those ones he's damned if he does, damned if he doesnt. With no alternative, the lad wanting to play, and no deal yet on the table I get why he started him.

Where he fucked it was not pulling the lazy, disinterested, clearly distracted player at half time given his presence was akin to being a man down. We improved when he was off as it was like an extra man playing.

If Gerrard repeats the same mistake on Sunday, Hell mend him.

1 minute ago, LegendofCoop said:

I'm not meaning just tonight. I'm talking about the last few months

Fair enough but Gerrard was always going to be in a shite position tonight as we were forced to play a game against a top opposition with part of that squad leaving or being unavailable. 

I'm not sure what else Gerrard could've done differently mate. 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Playing Morelos was one of those ones he's damned if he does, damned if he doesnt. With no alternative, the lad wanting to play, and no deal yet on the table I get why he started him.

Where he fucked it was not pulling the lazy, disinterested, clearly distracted player at half time given his presence was akin to being a man down. We improved when he was off as it was like an extra man playing.

If Gerrard repeats the same mistake on Sunday, Hell mend him.

The big problem I have with all of this is possible suitors for Morelos are now in the know that he's wanting away, this will be another factor that drives his value down.

It could get to the point that he's so unhappy about not getting a move away, and not performing that we become desperate to offload him.

Just when you'd want him to start bursting a gut and showing his quality he does the opposite. Is he just trying to force himself out of the club?

I'm certainly not saying he is, but if he was trying to do that it shows him up to be a complete arse.

All that will happen then is we'll get less money for him, it's not going to change the way we deal with him.

I honestly hope, that this is not the case.

15 minutes ago, yermaw145 said:

He's obviously away, we wouldn't be spending the best part of 7 million quid a few days ago if he wasn't. 

Just now, The Godfather said:

He's obviously away, we wouldn't be spending the best part of 7 million quid a few days ago if he 

He's been woeful for as long as I can remember, missed a penalty against the taigs, missed a sitter at Parkhead and then pulled a Sadiq in the same game. Anyone scouting him this season will have dugshite in their reports. I can't see him going.

7 minutes ago, Swally said:

The big problem I have with all of this is possible suitors for Morelos are now in the know that he's wanting away, this will be another factor that drives his value down.

It could get to the point that he's so unhappy about not getting a move away, and not performing that we become desperate to offload him.

Just when you'd want him to start bursting a gut and showing his quality he does the opposite. Is he just trying to force himself out of the club?

I'm certainly not saying he is, but if he was trying to do that it shows him up to be a complete arse.

All that will happen then is we'll get less money for him, it's not going to change the way we deal with him.

I honestly hope, that this is not the case.

Best thing for all is to wrap it up ASAP.

Archived