C-19 fixture reschedule

Blue_Devil

1 hour ago, Blue_Devil said:

Apologies if this is elsewhere, but I can't see it.

Before anyone says "đŸ» den" - this seriously affects our title push.

8 Aberdeen players miss 3 matches:

St Johnstone, Hamilton and celtic.

Only St Johnstone cancelled. "Scottish football's joint response group" insist the other 2 matches must go ahead.

I don't understand the logic of why that 1 game is different??

Hopefully aberdeen's wee team gives them a better game than their first team. 

Just read then Duncaster has said - regarding possible the possible postponement of Aberdeen's games against Accies and the scum - that there was no 'wriggle room' for re-arranged games!

So those teams will have to just get on with it, as we had to do in 2008 :angrywillie:

12 hours ago, Bears r us said:

It will probably not matter what team the Sheep have at the piggery, BUT it would mean they (tarriers) would have a game to fit in later and could mean they are trailing us pints wise, two things that will be what they want to avoid I reckon. 

Paranoid loyal. :pipe:

Lennon already set the narrative in the DR this morning stating they don't want to be playing catch up.

If the season gets stopped again then points on the board and games played will be crucial if they use average points per game again hence the imbalance of away games for us in the opening 3 rounds of fixtures.

18 minutes ago, Brackley said:

Lennon already set the narrative in the DR this morning stating they don't want to be playing catch up.

If the season gets stopped again then points on the board and games played will be crucial if they use average points per game again hence the imbalance of away games for us in the opening 3 rounds of fixtures.

Rangers have Hibs, Motherwell, Livingston, celtic and Aberdeen away in the 1st and 3rd round of fixtures. Interesting to note, if the season gets stopped early. We could end up needing all home games after the break to balance out - that could easily be the top 6, it was last year.

15 hours ago, Bears r us said:

St Johnstone should be asking the question IF these games are allowed to be played.

Why are they being the only ones not getting a chance to play against a team with 8 first team squad out? 

I have noticed last year or so , no club kicks up a stink regards anything now . They all just fall in line, with the Cabal running the show

53 minutes ago, Brackley said:

As sure as night fellows day these wankers are always a step ahead when it comes to making things work for themselves, I cannot see how their game can be played if the two before are not. 

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I have noticed last year or so , no club kicks up a stick regards anything now . They all just fall in line, with the Cabal running the show

It seems like that, this next three games the Sheep were supposed to play will tell us if the tarriers are being treated differently this soon into a new season. I am sure we all know the answer.

14 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Aberdeen would get thumped regardless but totally understand the frustration here....if I were St Johnstone I would be asking the question....the sceptic in me says if it were us the game would be postponed 

Spot on, potentially the season could be called early again and (again potentially, so don’t laugh) St.Johnstone could be one or two points behind making the top six and it’s financial advantages, loosing out on a rescheduled game through no fault of their own. In such a blatant disregard of the rules Aberdeen should have been forfeited the game. Anything thereafter they should play with whatever team they can field regardless.

I also think that you’re sceptical side is correct and any reason to see us loose pace in this title will be jumped on, hopefully won’t happen but I honestly couldn’t see the same course of events taking place if it was Aberdeen v celtic this weekend...

It should all have been sorted by making sheep forfeit all games until the players come out of isolation.

They cannot be expected to play with 8 first team players out. That way the club are punished, no fixture congestion, and the club can take internal action against the wrongdoers.

Not sure if it was mentioned but I see of note Johnny Hayes, Scott mckenna, Craig bryson, Dylan mcgeoch, michael devlin, matt Kennedy and Bruce Anderson were the players who will miss they games against the scum. Also with considines suspension and the injuries to main and Cosgrove I can now understand why the spfl want that game to go ahead. 

7 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

Rangers have Hibs, Motherwell, Livingston, celtic and Aberdeen away in the 1st and 3rd round of fixtures. Interesting to note, if the season gets stopped early. We could end up needing all home games after the break to balance out - that could easily be the top 6, it was last year.

You're forgetting that we are all meant to have 19 home and 19 away games and at the split we will have played 16 home games and will therefore post split have three home games but more crucially we will have to go away for a third time to two of them. 

celtic off course have the opposite IE a third home game to two of them.

All totally random off course.

13 hours ago, Brackley said:

There's absolutely no need for the season to end early again, even with second outbreak potential football is prepared unlike before

But if it suits celtic then it could well be

I think the SPFL pushed for the restart of Scottish football too soon, they should have waited until October to start season 20/21 but they were too concerned about saving the 10iar tv deal and the big money pot.

The agreement with the government  was that football was given the go-ahead to restart on the strict condition that clubs and players abide by the guidance.   The SPFL would be as well making sure all players wore ankle bracelets 24/7 to track their movements, as that is the environment the SPFL have created for players with this restrictive unrealistic bubble the SPFL talk about.

I can't see how this season's competition will be classed as fair when Aberdeen will be made to play against cfc with a weakened team. This will give cfc a big GD advantage, which will determine the end of the season on PPG  should the competition be called again.

If Aberdeen does not have the players to play this game, then they will be forced to forfeit the game, giving cfc a 3pt advantage as the SPFL said there was no wiggle room to reschedule matches. 

Also last season the SPFL said if one player tested positive in the SPFL league then the season would be postponed. why can't they do that now and restart in October?

We all know it is a matter of time before some other dumplings at another football club go down the pub and this senario repeats. The consequenses will be utter chaos and the SPFL have show their lack of ability time after time to deal with problems. Wee Nippy will shut the season down at some point.

1 hour ago, ZZed said:

We all know it is a matter of time before some other dumplings at another football club go down the pub and this senario repeats. The consequenses will be utter chaos and the SPFL have show their lack of ability time after time to deal with problems. Wee Nippy will shut the season down at some point.

I think this will be likely which is why we need to be top of the league just in case titles are getting dished out again.

17 hours ago, The Dude said:

If they are going to be cancelled it'll be 24 hours before kick off. No point doing it now. 

Agreed, only thing i think is shite is that st johnstone will now face a possible full strength aberdeen when they themselves might be hampered with injuries or suspensions, 

What the league should have done is say that the 8 players are suspended for the rearranged game with st johnstone, 

8 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Agreed, only thing i think is shite is that st johnstone will now face a possible full strength aberdeen when they themselves might be hampered with injuries or suspensions, 

What the league should have done is say that the 8 players are suspended for the rearranged game with st johnstone, 

If the SPFL was in any way competent, forward thinking and had trust from the members, a full contingency folder should have been prepared and passed for any potential incident (including this). Resilience planning is a standard protocol for any well run organisation,

However, when in actuality fact you have a perpetually incompetent, untrustworthy and arguably corrupt organisation who has an overpaid puppet at its helm, yet again we find things will be ‘played by ear’ with favour being directed at those who wield the most influence (no prizes for guessing who, should a scenario present itself)...

As for Sturgeon, she will interfere with any ‘high profile’ issue that she thinks will give her positive headlines and Aberdeen’s faux pas with no set punishments in place was an ideal in road for her...

Archived