Clive Tyldesley

PromDeAnglais

50 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Great commentator. 

Not afraid of silence, well-researched, and calls the action without jumping back to the same cliches. 

This was the most noticeable thing for me, in the second half when we were just knocking the ball about in St Mirrens half and he said Aribo to Kent................................nothing really was needed (and had there been a crowd it let’s you hear the match atmosphere not that this mattered today).

No offence to Tom but the general commentary and discussion was much better, the only thing missing was the bits of knowledge of our club and matches from years ago (although he did clearly do research ahead of the game).

Roll on Wednesday

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

This was the most noticeable thing for me, in the second half when we were just knocking the ball about in St Mirrens half and he said Aribo to Kent................................nothing really was needed (and had there been a crowd it let’s you hear the match atmosphere not that this mattered today).

No offence to Tom but the general commentary and discussion was much better, the only thing missing was the bits of knowledge of our club and matches from years ago (although he did clearly do research ahead of the game).

Roll on Wednesday

Absolutely. 

The need to fill every silence is the mark of a bad commentator. Just let the game happen. 

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

He never said he was going to be commentating on Wednesday so wonder if Tom will be getting the shout. 

I think Tom and Clive are job sharing at the moment.  

RTV and the media side of things are much more improved lately compared to last season though:) Really worth the subscription now imo

27 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Absolutely. 

The need to fill every silence is the mark of a bad commentator. Just let the game happen. 

Think people are harsh on TM though, he isnt a bad commentator, he is a fan thats asked to call our games, he can be annoying as fuck sometimes but its understandable given its the club he supports and loves

Ffs look at the shite we all talk in this match thread during games, 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Think people are harsh on TM though, he isnt a bad commentator, he is a fan thats asked to call our games, he can be annoying as fuck sometimes but its understandable given its the club he supports and loves

A very knowledgeable man when it comes to all things Rangers, is Tom. I've met him on a couple of occasions and he's been an absolute gentleman.

I believe some of those who slaughter him have such opinions due to the secret keepers collecting all clips of him commentating on us getting skelped, the weirdo bastards.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I like Tom and have nothing against him, heard him speak on Rangers Radio and other podcasts....As Mr Soprano says, he has a wealth of knowledge on Rangers. I just felt Clive did the commentating really well today.
I know many others aren't fans of TM though.  

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

They should keep the coverage like today even when fans return even if it means Tom replacing Clive.

We looked like a big club today in terms of production

If the home games PPV model can stay when fans are allowed back in then I don't see any reason not to. 

6 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

I have given him it stinking for being too pro man u for my tastes in his old job.

But yeah he was excellent today. A few slips but he had researched well and I'm sure if he hangs around for when Ibrox is full then he will be a Ranger for life. 

We do need to be told the truth regards the missing crowd noise in the 2nd half from the Club though. 

Did ye hear it mate 😂, I couldn’t believe it 😂😂 

Canned fans :love: .....were probably pulled because the lines went haywire with mutants phoning in that the kids were crying when they heard The Tunes. 
Was a good day to be a prod,and i'm off to my scratcher really pleased at the amount of shots we had and really over the moon for Alfie.

8 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Canned fans :love: .....were probably pulled because the lines went haywire with mutants phoning in that the kids were crying when they heard The Tunes. 
Was a good day to be a prod,and i'm off to my scratcher really pleased at the amount of shots we had and really over the moon for Alfie.

Said the very same to my da they cunts be paying £9.99 to watch us, of that I have no doubt 

6 hours ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

I think Tom and Clive are job sharing at the moment.  

RTV and the media side of things are much more improved lately compared to last season though:) Really worth the subscription now imo

Aye Clive gets the luxury gigs at Ibrox and poor wee Tom gets shafted out to away dumps in bum fuck Idaho :mutley:

I swear we’re living a simulation

Nevermind this mystery virus that’s changed the world: Steven Gerrard is Rangers manager, Jermain Defoe is giving interviews in the Club shop, and Clive Tyldesley is commentating for RangersTV 

Wit :lol: 

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I said at the time someone has phoned and complained 100% either that or they took David Graham off the jukebox😀

😂, in their defence if it’s been an independent company and no communication from the club , when their piecing it together they’ll just hear a tune and thousand singing , it’s difficult to make out the words at the games , it was still funny as fuck though, billy boys been banned for years , was the first song 😂😂

Archived