Official Rangers vs St Johnstone Match Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Vision said:

I'd like to give McLaughlin some praise as well, he may not reach the standards of McGregor but he kept us in it at 0 - 0 and made another good save in the second half.

Would have no worries about him coming in for more important games.

I like the way he commands the box, very reassuring and sign of a very good keeper.

I wouldn't say really poor, though at times we were pretty pedestrian. 

I think it's hard to know how much the lack of a crowd impacts games like this, it must be hard to move out of a training match mindset when you go three up and then stick on five subs.

Everyone would have been happy with any type of win, so three goals and not having to worry about holding a single goal lead was pretty much a relief. A decent run for the new guys was also a bonus. Keeper was solid, Barisic with a great free kick and goals from midfield, should have us at least happy with the nights performance.

Now bring on the cloggers on Sunday and lets put some proper daylight between us and them at the top!!

3 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

We won’t win the league with the midfielders we currently have, we must bring in a good quality CM.

A right hard bastard like Souness or Butcher or Gattuso or Woodburn or Boli. I'm too young to have seen them play. 

50 minutes ago, chris182 said:

I agree. I think SG wants that too, he's said that a good few times since coming in.

Edit: he said we were poor at 3 up.

So what's he doing about it? For long spells, it was the same tortured, turgid shite we've had to put up with for years man. 

I tip my hat to any bear maintaining their usual level of enthusiasm for the current BCD set up, 3 games in and my opinion it’s fucking shite, Eat slept breathed Rangers for 27 years never cheered a single goal yet since this season started  , I’d be going mad up at pittodrie  , obviously delighted we’re top but this isn’t football , I understand money for the club but from a personal point of view our season tickets is me and my folks round a pc monitor is ridiculous , I’m going for my lunch in argyle house Saturday that might straighten my face for 2 hours 😂

Solid performance tonight. Dominated possession and mixed our attacks up more than last season.

Yet another clean sheet too, which is reassuring. 

Can't think of a single player who didn't give his all. Very strong team performance worthy of the scoreline.

1 hour ago, molesmole said:

Davis and Hagi both built careers on industry, graft and hard work. 

Legs have gone so have nothing left. 

Till to call it a day, let the youth players come on when 3 up at home.

Hahah Wtf is this cunt on about, put the can down! 

Thats not how you spell Airfield! 

:craphead:

5 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I tip my hat to any bear maintaining their usual level of enthusiasm for the current BCD set up, 3 games in and my opinion it’s fucking shite, Eat slept breathed Rangers for 27 years never cheered a single goal yet since this season started  , I’d be going mad up at pittodrie  , obviously delighted we’re top but this isn’t football , I understand money for the club but from a personal point of view our season tickets is me and my folks round a pc monitor is ridiculous , I’m going for my lunch in argyle house Saturday that might straighten my face for 2 hours 😂

Fuck going to your house to watch a game. 

47 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I’d say really poor is a tad harsh tbh, bit laboured at times but never in any danger 

I think from middle to front we were bad far to many touches of the hall not enough penetration.

First 20mins poor last 20mins poor

Best thing I don't think we were anywhere near our best and won 3-0

21 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I agree to an extent here and totally agree with the sentiment in your views.

I've said before and i'll say again i don't think there is a true leader in this team.

I watch Goldson and Tav. , to mention two , fuck around to much at the back for my liking , and after listening to SG after the game i'd say he agrees with the fucking around part , and the chances St. Johnstone  had tonight came from players fucking around.

The attitude that 3 is enough is never a good enough one as i always want Rangers to score and be seen to try to score as many as possible every game they play.

I'd rather criticize when winning than criticize when losing as that's an easy thing to do.

We're top we've got maximum points and we' haven't had a goal scored against us but the Manager didn't like what he saw 2nd half and imo he's right.

18 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I've been cheering like a maniac like always. I have been watching on my XBOX through my tv!

I feel your pain crowded round a laptop

Just now, KingKirk said:

I've been cheering like a maniac like always. I have been watching on my XBOX through my tv!

I feel your pain crowded round a laptop

I’ll get a Xbox mate that’s miby where I’m going wrong 👍🏻😂

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I think from middle to front we were bad far to many touches of the hall not enough penetration.

First 20mins poor last 20mins poor

Best thing I don't think we were anywhere near our best and won 3-0

Just no clicking yet but as I say we were never in any danger, 1 down 2 to go, let’s get 11 clear of these cunts, don’t care what it looks like 

Archived