Keep Morelos+ add attacking midfielder

I'd love to see Hagi in the attacking midfield role as its clear to me thats his most natural position......can also see hes not comfortable playing opposite side from Kent.

Kents a winger and has the pace to do that job well, Hagi falls a little short imo.

Another Kent type of player is what we need, a player like him who can run with the ball and commit players with that bit of quality and pace.

I'd love to see him stay, but I think he is off by the end of the window ( is there a window this season?) 

We need a guy to control the midfield.  

I'm not sure if we would have enough in midfield over the season if we don't bring another quality player in.

I'm also not sure if we will win the league if we sell Morelos.   I hope these new guys are enough to replace his goals.

Either way, we need a midfielder in to complete the team,

All that being said, I don't think we would be favourites tbh.  They have a title winning team, who have,  for the most part, been there and done it before.  They have a higher wage bill.  I think they will be the bookies favourites even if we kept Morelos, and brought in a new midfielder.    

We would be in the best position in a decade to actually win it though.  If we can stop the silly dropped points like last season, I think we can, and will win it.   We lost it last season because of dropped points that we shouldn't have dropped,  We've been getting better season on season.   This season is massive,  the board have backed Gerrard and he has to deliver it this season. 

Is Hagi good enough to just give him a free role in midfield, and give him a crack at being the box to box midfielder we are looking for?

Maybe worthwhile trying it for a few games and see how it goes.   If he turns out to thrive in that role, then we have saved a bundle :lol:

2 hours ago, gogzy said:

Is Hagi good enough to just give him a free role in midfield, and give him a crack at being the box to box midfielder we are looking for?

Maybe worthwhile trying it for a few games and see how it goes.   If he turns out to thrive in that role, then we have saved a bundle :lol:

For me Hagi needs a bit more experience for that free role in midfield, he has some sublime moments, that shows he has the ability. But he still makes some poor choices at times. Even though he's 21 he is still a wee bit behind in his development due to his previous transfers not working out as well they could have. A full season playing for us could easily sort that. 

5 hours ago, gogzy said:

Hagi, as agile as he is, doesn’t give me the impression that he’d have the physicality to bomb box to box every game

He’s far better floating in the space between attack and midfield

7 hours ago, gogzy said:

Too lightweight for box yo box, but Aribo seems to have bulked up. Maybe he could play that role????

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

wat

Original poster is talking about who will be favourites for the title. You've also got to take into account the speculation about his future. If he's goes, it swings our way. If he stays and we lose Morelos and don't get that high calibre midfielder we want, it's back in their favour

2 minutes ago, toolongawake said:

Original poster is talking about who will be favourites for the title. You've also got to take into account the speculation about his future. If he's goes, it swings our way. If he stays and we lose Morelos and don't get that high calibre midfielder we want, it's back in their favour

Should've won it last year with him in the team so it makes little to no difference imo. 

13 hours ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

I have a feeling Morelos will be staying. I hope I am right. 

Can't see wee Alfie staying tbh......... think he'll be gone by the weekend though I hope I'm proved wrong mate..............if he stays our chances of winning the league are greatly improved.

I don’t think Morelos will be here for much longer, just a matter of when rather than if. 

2 goals & 2 assists - 100% involvement in our 4 goals this season despite being a little of the pace. Big shoes to be filled, particularly by 2 new signings without a pre season with us 

19 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I don’t think Morelos will be here for much longer, just a matter of when rather than if. 

2 goals & 2 assists - 100% involvement in our 4 goals this season despite being a little of the pace. Big shoes to be filled, particularly by 2 new signings without a pre season with us 

Thankfully these 2 were picked to be able to fit into our system ,But your right still not as good as having a full preseason .

Archived