Highlights

BridgeIsBlue

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

I have one negative thing about today. Scoring the perfect goal doesn't matter and its something I wanna see less of starting Wednesday.

We'd have took 5/6goals off them the day if we didn't try walk it in

Pretty sure SG said the same thing after the game.

5 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I have one negative thing about today. Scoring the perfect goal doesn't matter and its something I wanna see less of starting Wednesday.

True to an extent, and I heard Gerrard say that too. But from what I saw yesterday we did pepper the goal with shots, or at least work keeper/defence to block. I'm not sure how often a clear chance was there but we opted to look for an even better opportunity.

Think there's been far worse games than yesterday.

I'd say Alnwick performance contributed far more to the result than us looking for perfect goals.

6 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Sadly, that's been Rangers for 5 years now (or at least since Warburton) 

Been saying it for a long time that we are incapable of consistently taking digs outside the box. 

The quick passing and movement was excellent hopefully we can keep that kind of energy up. Alfie was drawing players out left, right and centre, allowing Kent & Hagi massive pockets of space. Clearly been working on how to break teams down and on this evidence it will work nicely.

I never watch their games but seen the highlights. Very slow, laboured and lacking any creativity. Their CB‘a got ripped to shreds with the simplest high ball coming towards them. On their day Kilmarnock would have won that game comfortably. Early days obviously but it was encouraging to see them struggle and seeing us enjoying our football. Same with Aberdeen last week, you were waiting on the last minute fluky equaliser going in and it thankfully never. Maybe luck will finally be on our side this season.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

True to an extent, and I heard Gerrard say that too. But from what I saw yesterday we did pepper the goal with shots, or at least work keeper/defence to block. I'm not sure how often a clear chance was there but we opted to look for an even better opportunity.

Think there's been far worse games than yesterday.

I'd say Alnwick performance contributed far more to the result than us looking for perfect goals.

It was a good performance don't get me wrong that's just a small thing. Just trying to overplay when the chance was there to dig it. Especially in the box.

The brief highlights really show in spells how good we were in front of goal  for cracks at goal & just how many saves/parries Alnwick pulled off .

When we play at that tempo it shows how good a side we can be even the build up play for the tap in was superb.

More of the same come Wednesday.

3 hours ago, Boybluesy said:

Thought good all round display.  I caught the supposedly brilliant tims highlights,  Eduard et all and they were pish.  If the Killie keeper wasn't total pish too it would have been three points dropped.

After watching the highlights i think it’s fair to say Kilmarnock are a fkn nightmare to play away from home.  

I really wonder  if we’re ready for the type of game they play this season as tbf to them it’s bloody effective.   

5 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

After watching the highlights i think it’s fair to say Kilmarnock are a fkn nightmare to play away from home.  

I really wonder  if we’re ready for the type of game they play this season as tbf to them it’s bloody effective.   

It will be a nightmare.. lets hope its raining when we play them away. The pitch looked dry and sticky. Apparently they dont water it at all.

11 hours ago, johanhentze said:

we are a very fine footballing side at times. If we put those chances away then we will win the league. 

Last season ended with us scoring 30 odd less than them and conceding the same.

It's obvious where the problem has been so far under Gerrard.

1 hour ago, Getstiffed said:

Last season ended with us scoring 30 odd less than them and conceding the same.

It's obvious where the problem has been so far under Gerrard.

Not scoring enough goals. However, we create a lot of chances. We were very dependant on Morelos scoring all the goals and when he went off form our results suffered because of it. Its obvious that we are trying to change that with goals coming from (pre season) Aribo, Hagi and Kent.

Archived