League Potentially Paused ?

Tosh8

The scum and sheep should have been made to forfeit their games or been kicked out last seasons cup so that matchday could have been used to play a game missed.

I just hope that everyone of our players are under strict orders and follow the rules to the letter as the cynic in me knows that we will not get treated the same way the scum and sheep have here. We'll get punished heavily and you can guarantee a postponement won't be suitable for us due to lack of time in the fixture schedule or some bullshit so we'll need to forfeit the match.

We need to use this as an advantage and not get distracted.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

For all I detest everything bout that club...and the one up North...you really have to look at the SPFL and the apparent lack of a strong set of rules, together with comprehensive sanctions that are known to everyone,  for any player/team not complying with 

1) sporting protocols

2) Scot Govt Guidance/legislation

3)UK Govt Guidance / legislation.

I am not in favour of retrospective punishments...they should be known in advance.

For me, this is just another example of SPFL/SFA...and the executives/board not being fit for purpose.

I almost feel sorry for the next player to cross the line....they will get absolutely hammered...and blamed for what is a culmination of 'errors of judgement' (yeh, right) that could put the season on hold.

We all know they will be doing all they can to make sure it’s a Rangers player that’s highlighted. Even if others are found before that. 

The whole thing is a farce. 

How can they cancel the next games but the game against Kilmarnock is fine? 

If your team can't fulfil a game because of quarantine it should be forfeited. Whats to stop someone heading to a country with cases on the rise just before a big game if they have injuries and suspensions piling up? 

3 minutes ago, Jelavic191 said:

The whole thing is a farce. 

How can they cancel the next games but the game against Kilmarnock is fine? 

If your team can't fulfil a game because of quarantine it should be forfeited. Whats to stop someone heading to a country with cases on the rise just before a big game if they have injuries and suspensions piling up? 

The fact that it is a criminal offence?

If Sion and Legia Warsaw can be found guilty of fielding an ineligible player due to paperwork oversights, after destroying celtic, over two legs and celtic getting reinstated at their expense after getting retrospective 3-0 defeats awarded, what's the difference between that and Bolongoli? if Bolongoli quarantined (like he's supposed to) that would have made him ineligible.

What's the difference? apart from one being celtic (who get everything).

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

If Sion and Legia Warsaw can be found guilty of fielding an ineligible player due to paperwork oversights, after destroying celtic, over two legs and celtic getting reinstated at their expense after getting retrospective 3-0 defeats awarded, what's the difference between that and Bolongoli? if Bolongoli quarantined (like he's supposed to) that would have made him ineligible.

Under the rules of quarantine he was ineligible on Sunday.

Its a 3-0 reverse and a possible points deduction.

Unless the SPFL is run on your behalf.

4 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

celtic are claiming that they were unaware Bolingoli left the country. Only finding out after he played.

Wether that is true or not... Unfortunately there is no way for anyone to prove that they are telling the truth or lying.

With Legia and Sion, the issue was entirely their fault since they made errors with the paperwork.

1 minute ago, Iakona said:

celtic are claiming that they were unaware Bolingoli left the country. Only finding out after he played.

Wether that is true or not... Unfortunately there is no way for anyone to prove that they are telling the truth or lying.

With Legia and Sion, the issue was entirely their fault since they made errors with the paperwork.

I'm sure Sion and Warsaw weren't aware they were knowingly breaking the rules for an ineligible player, either.

It's still the clubs responsibility.

One of the early callers on Radio Cattolica made a simple point:

”if a club can be helped responsible for the conduct of their supporters, then why can they not be held responsible for the conduct of their employees”?

Taig host huffed and puffed that, technically, that wasn’t the case (conveniently forgetting fines, bans, ground closures etc) but it was a great point well made and 100% sound.

29 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

For all I detest everything bout that club...and the one up North...you really have to look at the SPFL and the apparent lack of a strong set of rules, together with comprehensive sanctions that are known to everyone,  for any player/team not complying with 

1) sporting protocols

2) Scot Govt Guidance/legislation

3)UK Govt Guidance / legislation.

I am not in favour of retrospective punishments...they should be known in advance.

For me, this is just another example of SPFL/SFA...and the executives/board not being fit for purpose.

I almost feel sorry for the next player to cross the line....they will get absolutely hammered...and blamed for what is a culmination of 'errors of judgement' (yeh, right) that could put the season on hold.

I said in an earlier post that we better have our players well briefed as you are right the next person to step out of line will get the league stopped and it will be their name that is for evermore linked to the league ending, and the earlier indiscretions will be forgotten. We cant have it being one of ours. 

21 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The fact that it is a criminal offence?

That’s true Dude, but the poor lad obviously didn’t know that.  I await his shoulder being felt by the Border Force to apply the appropriate punishment.

Just now, DMax399 said:

That’s true Dude, but the poor lad obviously didn’t know that.  I await his shoulder being felt by the Border Force to apply the appropriate punishment.

They are apparently involved (going by Humza Yousaf's tweet earlier)

2 minutes ago, Brubear said:

I said in an earlier post that we better have our players well briefed as you are right the next person to step out of line will get the league stopped and it will be their name that is for evermore linked to the league ending, and the earlier indiscretions will be forgotten. We cant have it being one of ours. 

The scum media will be frantically trying to find out something about one of our players and wouldnt supprise me if a youth players social media account is front page news in the next few days 

13 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Knowingly or not, there is no doubt he was ineligible.  I don’t expect them to be punished but I live in hope.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They are apparently involved (going by Humza Yousaf's tweet earlier)

It’s fairly high profile so I’d be surprised if they ignored it.  No idea what the punishment for this is, but time will tell.

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I'm sure Sion and Warsaw weren't aware they were knowingly breaking the rules for an ineligible player, either.

It's still the clubs responsibility.

For what it's worth i suspect someone at celtic did know.

However if he didn't tell them and he just decided to fuck off to Spain on his day off, they can't really be held accountable. Footballers might be high profile but they are still entitled to freedom from their place of work. It's simply not reasonable to expect clubs to treat players like they are under house arrest or wearing tags.

If Jordan Jones fucked off to Spain on his day off for 24 hours without telling anyone.. would you want us banned?? Alternatively if a NHS nurse broke the rules and didn't tell her work before returning... Should her boss and work be sanctioned? 

3 minutes ago, Iakona said:

For what it's worth i suspect someone at celtic did know.

However if he didn't tell them and he just decided to fuck off to Spain on his day off, they can't really be held accountable. Footballers might be high profile but they are still entitled to freedom from their place of work. It's simply not reasonable to expect clubs to treat players like they are under house arrest or wearing tags.

If Jordan Jones fucked off to Spain on his day off for 24 hours without telling anyone.. would you want us banned?? Alternatively if a NHS nurse broke the rules and didn't tell her work before returning... Should her boss and work be sanctioned? 

No I wouldn't want us banned, but it doesn't matter what I want. 

When there's a precedence set, that changes things. 

Jordan Jones doesn't play. 

The last question is a stupid question.

41 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

The scum and sheep should have been made to forfeit their games or been kicked out last seasons cup so that matchday could have been used to play a game missed.

I just hope that everyone of our players are under strict orders and follow the rules to the letter as the cynic in me knows that we will not get treated the same way the scum and sheep have here. We'll get punished heavily and you can guarantee a postponement won't be suitable for us due to lack of time in the fixture schedule or some bullshit so we'll need to forfeit the match.

We need to use this as an advantage and not get distracted.

I don't believe Aberdeen should forfeit their games. They never played a player who broke protocol. Their penalty was supposed to play a depleted starting 11 for a fortnight.

The scum on the other hand played a player who broke protocol. Whether they knew it or not is irrelevant. The result has to be overturned and Killie awarded a 3-0 win.

Legia didn't knowingly play a player who came on in the final stages of a 6-1 agg win and yet ended up being penalized.

Where is the difference?

Archived