Rangers need to move to the English League

berkshirebear

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Disagree if anything more are jumping on the loyalist bandwagon down there and I’m seeing more and more fans from different English clubs coming up to our games.

That doesn't prove anything. They literally just follow Rangers cause it's an opportunity to use our club for a sash bash. They are in the vast minority and always will be. Especially now that we have a generation of fans that were raised on the internet which conditions people to believe that everything but the EPL, Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve and PSG are shite.

Our record breaking viewing figures for a Rangers Vs Mhanks game clearly show the average English fan does not care for our product. 

1 minute ago, Iakona said:

That doesn't prove anything. They literally just follow Rangers cause it's an opportunity to use our club for a sash bash. They are in the vast minority and always will be. Especially now that we have a generation of fans that were raised on the internet which conditions people to believe that everything but the EPL, Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve and PSG are shite.

Our record breaking viewing figures for a Rangers Vs Mhanks game clearly show the average English fan does not care for our product. 

Ok pal you’re clearly in the know about this 👍

18 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Ok pal you’re clearly in the know about this 👍

It's not about being in the know, it's just common sense. When Scotland's show piece fixture that finally has a competitive Rangers team and Stevie G involved, barely manages to trump Watford Vs Bournemouth for UK based viewing figures. There's obviously something wrong. Hell even Huddersfield Vs Fulham in the champion pulled double the average SPL game viewership.

Regardless of what the english think... The most depressing thing is how many Scottish kids are running about in EPL and foreign kits these days. I remember when I was wee, every fucker had a Rangers or celtic top even if they didn't like football.

Just now, Iakona said:

It's not about being in the know, it's just common sense. When Scotland's show piece fixture that finally has a competitive Rangers team and Stevie G involved, barely manages to trump Huddersfield Vs Bournemouth for UK based viewing figures. There's obviously something wrong.

Regardless of what the english think... The most depressing thing is how many Scottish kids are running about in EPL and foreign kits these days. I remember when I was wee, every fucker had a Rangers or celtic top even if they didn't like football.

So something needs to change. Our game is dying.

Will Scotland ever get to the World Cup or Euros again. What were doing now isnt working.. 

2 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

So something needs to change. Our game is dying.

Will Scotland ever get to the World Cup or Euros again. What were doing now isnt working.. 

How is Rangers playing in England going to help Scotland qualify for a major tournament ?

And Scotland are actually a few games away from getting to one , they only need to beat two teams. 

Just now, peter huistra said:

How is Rangers playing in England going to help Scotland qualify for a major tournament ?

And Scotland are actually a few games away from getting to one , they only need to beat two teams. 

By our younger players being tested against better opposition in the long run.. 

26 minutes ago, Iakona said:

It's not about being in the know, it's just common sense. When Scotland's show piece fixture that finally has a competitive Rangers team and Stevie G involved, barely manages to trump Huddersfield Vs Bournemouth for UK based viewing figures. There's obviously something wrong.

None of this disproves what I said about more and more English fans from different clubs coming to Ibrox to watch us and nearly every club down there having sections of their support who class themselves as loyalist and have Rangers as their second team.   That’s my point I’m not talking viewing figures etc.  it’s also coming from a guy I was working with who follows Westham home and away who sees these supporters sees their flags ect and told me Rangers are massive down in England right now. None of what you have post proves the initial point that Rangers are hated in England.

Just now, berkshirebear said:

By our younger players being tested against better opposition in the long run.. 

It would take a decade to move up the league's , and we couldn't do it with a B team that's silly you underestimate things , look how much was spent just winnings 3rd division and then the rest it's pie in the sky. 

I'd love it if we did but it's better concentrating on winning up here regain our dominance is the best revenge we can have. 

33 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Mate to jump on the point made by other poster about English fans hating us what’s the general feeling around Carlisle towards the Teddy Bears? 

I don’t see any hatred, just from the tarriers that live here, if anything the bheasts are hated more, most English football fans have a soft spot for Rangers due to our love for all things British, more so in the last 5/10 year than ever tbh.

the Gerrard factor has also gained us more recognition, I’ve got a pal who is a Leeds fan who can’t stop talking about us since Gerrard signed, I went to school with him and he would be first to call the Scottish league Mickey Mouse back in the day, he’ll be round tmora to watch the game, he’s even started texting me when we sign players, I think I’ve turned him.

we had our chance in 2012 to join a league when we were not registered for the Scottish league, It’s the only way a team can be invited to a FA if they are not registered to any other.

2 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

I don’t see any hatred, just from the tarriers that live here, if anything the bheasts are hated more, most English football fans have a soft spot for Rangers due to our love for all things British, more so in the last 5/10 year than ever tbh.

the Gerrard factor has also gained us more recognition, I’ve got a pal who is a Leeds fan who can’t stop talking about us since Gerrard signed, I went to school with him and he would be first to call the Scottish league Mickey Mouse back in the day, he’ll be round tmora to watch the game, he’s even started texting me when we sign players, I think I’ve turned him.

we had our chance in 2012 to join a league when we were not registered for the Scottish league, It’s the only way a team can be invited to a FA if they are not registered to any other.

Like I thought mate, as you’ll maybe remember I’ve got family down in Rotherham and have spent time down there In the pubs with English fans during international matches and the general feeling is Rangers are welcome celtic are filth.

Archived