Will we ever see this quality again?

Swally

Going through some old videos, and it just seems like a different reality.

A midfield player dragging us through a potential banana skin of a game by scoring a hat-trick, with two of the goals being completely of his own making - crazy solo efforts.

...and now we have Jack & Kamara

I know it's different times now, but god I miss those days.

I was also wondering if a young player does come through, whom are similar in build and position, do teams actually try and model them on, or at least expose them to Legends such as Gazza to inspire and teach?

3 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

Tbf Gazza was a one off!! Id be happy with another Bazza!! 

Turned out to be an amazing player, I don't think Ian Ferguson gets the plaudits he deserves either.

Thought he was brilliant as well

15 minutes ago, Swally said:

Going through some old videos, and it just seems like a different reality.

A midfield player dragging us through a potential banana skin of a game by scoring a hat-trick, with two of the goals being completely of his own making - crazy solo efforts.

...and now we have Jack & Kamara

I know it's different times now, but god I miss those days.

I was also wondering if a young player does come through, whom are similar in build and position, do teams actually try and model them on, or at least expose them to Legends such as Gazza to inspire and teach?

Why mention Jack & Kamara? Should be Hagi & Aribo.

Just now, Fergie_6 said:

Why mention Jack & Kamara? Should be Hagi & Aribo.

Simply because we're looking for a new midfielder, and it's probably to replace one of those two.

Don't ask me how my mind works, I don't fucking know :lol:

2 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Players of that calibre don’t even exist anymore

You don’t need the kind of ability that excites to be a top player anymore like Gazza or Laudrup. There are hardly any entertainers left in the game 

Step forward Ryan Kent and Joe Aribo both on their day can get bums off seats , obviously not in the laudrup and Gaza’s calibre but are still entertainers. Aribo s goal against Braga was Gazza  Esque.

14 minutes ago, billythebear1986 said:

Step forward Ryan Kent and Joe Aribo both on their day can get bums off seats , obviously not in the laudrup and Gaza’s calibre but are still entertainers. Aribo s goal against Braga was Gazza  Esque.

Kamara's kind of exciting in a different way, you don't know if he's going to fuck up or no :lol:

33 minutes ago, Swally said:

Kamara's kind of exciting in a different way, you don't know if he's going to fuck up or no :lol:

I seriously think he’s thinking about what he’s having for dinner then a ball ends up near him and he snaps out it. 

20 hours ago, Doron said:

I’ve been watching football for over 40 years and pre 1991 injury he is the best footballer I ever had the privilege to watch bar none. So. Probably not.

Honestly, he’s a third after cooper and laudrup for me, but when he was at spurs, it was amazing to see him with Chris waddle, and just before he left for Monaco, Glenn hoddle. 

incredible player, but in that spurs team he was honestly untouchable at times.

if he never got injured, I doubt he’d have ended up at Rangers.

Glad he did, but if not for a couple serious (self inflicted injuries) he’d have been at Man U, Barca, juve.

nothing against lazio, but he was above that level of team at that time. IMO of course. 

17 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Honestly, he’s a third after cooper and laudrup for me, but when he was at spurs, it was amazing to see him with Chris waddle, and just before he left for Monaco, Glenn hoddle. 

incredible player, but in that spurs team he was honestly untouchable at times.

if he never got injured, I doubt he’d have ended up at Rangers.

Glad he did, but if not for a couple serious (self inflicted injuries) he’d have been at Man U, Barca, juve.

nothing against lazio, but he was above that level of team at that time. IMO of course. 

I find it really difficult to say who's best between Gazza and Laudrup, I was too young to see Cooper.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but I honestly think Mols before his injury deserves to stand along side that company.

23 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Yes. If football coaches actually start coaching football again. Not athletics. Biggest requirement to be a footballer these days seems to ability to run fast. 

I thought they still did mate, seems a bit weird if they don't

Archived