Forfeit game! Points deduction.

4 minutes ago, OhW said:

I think it’s quite telling if all of the people arguing with him can’t spell, misuse your/you’re, and say things like “would of” though. 

It’s not a fucking spelling bee. It’s a forum.  It’s a cheap putdown of the proletariat argument that you can’t spell so you have no voice.  

It’s like me putting down the Dude because I have  more Highers, University Degrees,  etc .than he does.  Using I’m cleverer than you to win an argument  is poor.  I’m quite happy that I can be top of the class in spelling. However,  it’s a cheap shot used far to often on here.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

We both know they are more united  in their desperation to destroy us.   

I agree it’s bollocks they will get a points deduction but I would not be surprised if that is brought in for future offenders!  

I enjoy our diversity. 

I have never crossed swords with u before but have observed you can be a pedantic pain in the arse, however you seem to revel in that role and as such are a good foil for the forum. 

We clearly disagree.  However, enjoy the game!

I do indeed revel in that role. Sometimes there needs to be someone picking every wee hole in something they can. 

Just now, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

It’s not a fucking spelling bee. It’s a forum.  It’s a cheap putdown of the proletariat argument that you can’t spell so you have no voice.  

It’s like me putting down the Dude because I have  more Highers, University Degrees,  etc .than he does.  Using I’m cleverer than you to win an argument  is poor.  I’m quite happy that I can be top of the class in spelling. However,  it’s a cheap shot used far to often on here.

It’s not the be-all and end-all but as I said I think it’s telling in this case. 

25 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If the employer is unaware the employee was in Spain (which is quite easy if the employee doesn't bother to tell the employer) how can they be expected to take additional steps?

The onus is on the employer, and literally every employer that has employees interact with other employees or customers face to face at the moment - it was an off-the-chart-mental breach of public health.  The onus is on them to demonstrate how they lived up to the public health standard that they didn't meet, not on everyone else in the world to give them the benefit of the doubt.  They have to answer the questions, show the evidence, it's not a brush off situation.

It's unusual right now for so many ordinary jobs to carry this risk, granted.

12 minutes ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

"I’m cleverer than you" should be in quotation marks.  Just saying  ;)

48 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They tested him twice in compliance with the SPFL/SFA/Scot Gov guidelines seemingly.

If the employer is unaware the employee was in Spain (which is quite easy if the employee doesn't bother to tell the employer) how can they be expected to take additional steps?

Are your employers aware of where you are at any given moment? Do you report in on your days off if you decide to go for a drive and let them know where you are going?

You’re a fenian bastard

Like no doubt a lot of people on here, I've worked for quite a few decent and professional companies, it seems blatantly obvious but I'll say it - an employer must disseminate critical information to an employee and ensure it is completely understood before allowing them to start a task.

This is done in multiple ways, training courses of which the employee must pass and sign off on, company statements and lessons learnt often which the employees must sign off on stating that they've read and understood the content.

There is a reason for all of this. 

If a company has relayed critical information to an employee which he has then not properly understood - it can be traced back to being a company procedural problem if something goes wrong.

I've had to sign off on risk assessments, safe operating procedures and many many different types of document to prove I have read and understood it.

Yes, it's an arse covering exercise - but the very fact that it's an arse covering exercise shows you that it is the companies responsibility to properly ensure an employee understands what is expected - because if something happens they can land the company in shit.

It looks like celtic did not do this, and frankly, in a workplace where English may not be a players first language - this could actually be utterly disgusting what they're doing and getting away with here.

If this were to happen in some of my previous workplaces, they would open themselves up to legal action.

I think the very fact he wasn't sacked straight away, and the fact that the player hasn't been let go (as far as I know) when this is a clear matter of gross conduct, in itself,  speaks volumes.

Yes the player was probably an idiot, but celtic have likely thrown a foreigner under the bus, to save themselves.

4 minutes ago, Swally said:

Like no doubt a lot of people on here, I've worked for quite a few decent and professional companies, it seems blatantly obvious but I'll say it - an employer must disseminate critical information to an employee and ensure it is completely understood before allowing them to start a task.

This is done in multiple ways, training courses of which the employee must pass and sign off on, company statements and lessons learnt often which the employees must sign off on stating that they've read and understood the content.

There is a reason for all of this. 

If a company has relayed critical information to an employee which he has then not properly understood - it can be traced back to being a company procedural problem if something goes wrong.

I've had to sign off on risk assessments, safe operating procedures and many many different types of document to prove I have read and understood it.

Yes, it's an arse covering exercise - but the very fact that it's an arse covering exercise shows you that it is the companies responsibility to properly ensure an employee understands what is expected - because if something happens they can land the company in shit.

It looks like celtic did not do this, and frankly, in a workplace where English may not be a players first language - this could actually be utterly disgusting what they're doing and getting away with here.

If this were to happen in some of my previous workplaces, they would open themselves up to legal action.

I think the very fact he wasn't sacked straight away, and the fact that the player hasn't been let go (as far as I know) when this is a clear matter of gross conduct, in itself,  speaks volumes.

Yes the player was probably an idiot, but celtic have likely thrown a foreigner under the bus, to save themselves.

I don't think there's any argument to be made that the player didn't understand the instruction "don't leave Glasgow." That doesn't need multiple training courses, seminars or sign off.

He speaks good english and has given a number of interviews showing that off so it can't be blamed on the language barrier either.

As long as he has a potential transfer value, they aren't sacking him a year after paying £3million for him.

He wouldn't be sacked right away anyway as he's got the right to the usual disciplinary process etc.

From everything that's out there, there's nothing to suggest he's been thrown under the bus to save anyone. He fucked up and is paying the consequences.

2 hours ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

People who cant handle being wrong or told they're talking utter shite give the guy pelters like its his fault.

Every. Fucking. Time.

8 hours ago, Strathaven_Loyal said:

I'm a bit wary of making them forfeit the St Mirren game as there's no guarantee one of our players doesn't fuck up at some point. The Killie game though should be changed to a 3-0 defeat for them due to the fielding of an ineligible player.

Put the fear of god into our players....

Just now, The Dude said:

I don't think there's any argument to be made that the player didn't understand the instruction "don't leave Glasgow." That doesn't need multiple training courses, seminars or sign off.

He speaks good english and has given a number of interviews showing that off so it can't be blamed on the language barrier either.

As long as he has a potential transfer value, they aren't sacking him a year after paying £3million for him.

He wouldn't be sacked right away anyway as he's got the right to the usual disciplinary process etc.

From everything that's out there, there's nothing to suggest he's been thrown under the bus to save anyone. He fucked up and is paying the consequences.

Yes it does, this is critical information and celtic are unprofessional if they didn't ask for that.

Simple as that, we are in the middle of an epidemic and this is a critical situation to the business and employees with life threatening ramifications.

I've had to sign off on far far pettier things than this, because it's the professional way of doing things.

If you disagree with that, then your knowledge of correct company procedure and protocol is wanting.

Sorry, but I've worked in a multitude of industries from accountancy to engineering, this is how things are for big companies - or the way it should be.

6 minutes ago, Swally said:

Yes it does, this is critical information and celtic are unprofessional if they didn't ask for that.

Simple as that, we are in the middle of an epidemic and this is a critical situation to the business and employees with life threatening ramifications.

I've had to sign off on far far pettier things than this, because it's the professional way of doing things.

If you disagree with that, then your knowledge of correct company procedure and protocol is wanting.

Sorry, but I've worked in a multitude of industries from accountancy to engineering, this is how things are for big companies - or the way it should be.

So what bit of the instruction "don't leave glasgow" do you think wasn't understood?

AFAIK, there's no clubs made their players sign anything additional stating they know not to break the law.

My knowledge of correct company procedure may be wanting by my knowledge of how clubs are actually operating is perfectly fine.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

So what bit of the instruction "don't leave glasgow" do you think wasn't understood?

AFAIK, there's no clubs made their players sign anything additional stating they know not to break the law.

My knowledge of correct company procedure may be wanting by my knowledge of how clubs are actually operating is perfectly fine.

It doesn't matter, yet again you're taking the point I'm making down a small little back street.  The fact of all or no clubs doing this doesn't matter a fuck.

The fact is companies do this type of thing for a reason - an employee's actions can backfire onto the company itself - this is what the point was about.

From what I've seen, celtic haven't proven one way or another the player was told about this and understood this, so this means celtic could easily be punished for their players actions.

They are no different to any other business.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Do you know if the players have to notify WADA? with their location at anytime for drug testing like athletes,swimmers etc do.

Just now, Swally said:

It doesn't matter, yet again you're taking the point I'm making down a small little back street.  The fact of all or no clubs doing this doesn't matter a fuck.

The fact is companies do this type of thing for a reason - an employee's actions can backfire onto the company itself - this is what the point was about.

From what I've seen, celtic haven't proven one way or another the player was told about this and understood this, so this means celtic could easily be punished for their players actions.

They are no different to any other business.

Every player has been made very much aware of their responsibilities.

Just now, The Dude said:

Every player has been made very much aware of their responsibilities.

Why did Lennon say on the radio he wasn't sure if the player fully understood the ramifications but make no mistake that he now does?

You're argument's fucked

But yet again, you don't have the decency to hold your hands up and say you were wrong.

Just now, LV said:

Do you know if the players have to notify WADA? with their location at anytime for drug testing like athletes,swimmers etc do.

Drug testing in Scottish football doesn't really exist and players only have to submit there whereabouts when part of the testing pool and any testing (as rare as it is) is usually done at training or immediately after a match. I'm not aware of an instance in Scottish football for years where testers have randomly picked a player for testing anytime other than those. Only instances I'm aware of players being tested away from those is when specific allegations have been made.

2 minutes ago, Swally said:

Why did Lennon say on the radio he wasn't sure if the player fully understood the ramifications but make no mistake that he now does?

You're argument's fucked

But yet again, you don't have the decency to hold your hands up and say you were wrong.

I dont think most players fully grasp how serious breaches can be (and I include many who are British in that too) - that doesnt mean they arent well aware of the expectation on them not to go to the boozer or fuck off to spain. Players are generally unaware of just how many businesses directly and indirectly rely on football and the potential for the season to be canned.

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Drug testing in Scottish football doesn't really exist and players only have to submit there whereabouts when part of the testing pool and any testing (as rare as it is) is usually done at training or immediately after a match. I'm not aware of an instance in Scottish football for years where testers have randomly picked a player for testing anytime other than those. Only instances I'm aware of players being tested away from those is when specific allegations have been made.

Thanks .I had read an article about the Scottish runner Amy Doyle she was worried about notifying WADA of her location as she was getting wheeled in to the delivery suite . Footballers seem to get things easy . 

Archived