Jump to content

Forfeit game! Points deduction.


Recommended Posts

Just now, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

1. The law of the land says he must quarantine

2. Scottish government agreement with spfl clearly states additional requirements of footballlers over and above the rest of us re their bubble. 

3,  He was  ineligible  to play because he concealed his whereabouts. 

4. Your standpoint means that Aberdeen cud have played their next game and just fielded the 8 players. 

5. celtic wouldn’t even contest it. 

6. Never has one player so blatantly put the future of our game at risk so blatantly.  All other European countries have played football without incidences such as this. SPFL  need to own this as do celtic or Nicola will in longer term.  

It seems like a no brainer

He should not have ben in Spain. Gavin done that he should not be out his house.  If he can’t leave his house then he can’t play football. 

That makes him ineligible!

1, 2 & 3 - have no bearing on a players eligibility. A players eligibility is strictly defined and a quarantine doesn't come into it in any way.

4 - In terms of their eligibility, all 8 of the Aberdeen players remain eligible to play.

5 - Meh

6 - Well other than Austria, Italy, Spain, and a few others that have had high profile breaches, you're right.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bolingoli was ineligible.  2 European precedents where celtic themselves complaint on minor technical infringements.  Precedent when registered players play if ineligible eg suspended.  

No sure about points deduction, but the thing that irks me is this "Scottish football on a yellow card" pish. We done fuck all wrong. A tarrier commits a foul and we're all booked.

Should automatically forfeit games and opposing team gets awarded 3-0 wins, other clubs shouldn’t be at a disadvantage because others can’t control their players 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Neil Lennon is absolutely livid,appalled and they have been seriously let down so that’s the end of it. SPFL/SFA will be congratulating celtic on their corona virus procedures stating that it’s the best in the world.

 That it done, no point discussing it more, our board represents us and they are what they are. 

Useless fuck fucks .Every gutless one of them 

Howsitgoing and chris182 like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

But he did have a test and he wasn’t in isolation, that’s the problem.

I agree he wasn’t ineligible against sfa rules but surely being required to self isolate renders him ineligible due to government regulations, maybe law? 

Completely agree and there will be consequences for that.

Government regulations dont have any impact on a player's registration (that's ultimately what his eligibility boils down to). We had nine players play a B game without their required test results being back. Nobody shouted about their eligibility or lack thereof.

kelvd1873 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hear me out on this.....

Lets say mo salah for instance had to leave the country and Liverpool were aware.

He doesn’t self isolate and then plays in weekend league game as he’s eligible under the FA. Would Liverpool be punished for playing a player who should have been self isolating?

I know the difference in this scenario is the team we’re 100% aware (which I’m still not convinced celtic weren’t) but I’m asking what punishment would Liverpool in this instance face? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Eskbank and dude quoting rule book.  

The football authorities can punish clubs by fines points deduction demotion at their discretion for offences.  For example demotion 3 divisions for EBTs 

Say a team has 5 players go to Spain.  They all come back and quarantine and miss 2 weeks. 

Say another team has one player goes to Spain. Comes back and trains with team. Or plays.  Then the team has its games postponed and there is no sporting loss. 

Completely unfair.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We had nine players play a B game without their required test results being back. Nobody shouted about their eligibility or lack thereof.

But those 9 players didn’t fuck off to Spain... I get what your saying but their whereabouts were under control and I’d imagine Rangers would have explained all this when asked by the SFA. As you said last night, SFA accepted Rangers explanation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Hear me out on this.....

Lets say mo salah for instance had to leave the country and Liverpool were aware.

He doesn’t self isolate and then plays in weekend league game as he’s eligible under the FA. Would Liverpool be punished for playing a player who should have been self isolating?

I know the difference in this scenario is the team we’re 100% aware (which I’m still not convinced celtic weren’t) but I’m asking what punishment would Liverpool in this instance face? 

The clubs awareness is a straw man argument.  

Clubs are punished vicariously for the behaviour of players and fans.   

If I own  in a restaurant and I’m unaware my chef is not washing his hands after going to loo I am still culpable if the customers contract food poisoning.  

I gbink the point you are making is perhaps that if the club were aware then there could be additional punishments as the crime would be greater.  

kelvd1873 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

But those 9 players didn’t fuck off to Spain... I get what your saying but their whereabouts were under control and I’d imagine Rangers would have explained all this when asked by the SFA. As you said last night, SFA accepted Rangers explanation. 

Fucking off to spain doesn't affect his eligibility.

There are two ways a player can be ineligible to play. He isnt registered or is actively suspended. Neither of those are the case so he isn't ineligible. If folk want him to be punished then going for something that he can actually be punished for is a good start.

He'll likely get a disrepute or not acting in the best interests of football charge but going down the ineligible route is every bit as accurate as when the moonhowlers claimed EBTs made our players ineligible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Completely agree and there will be consequences for that.

Government regulations dont have any impact on a player's registration (that's ultimately what his eligibility boils down to). We had nine players play a B game without their required test results being back. Nobody shouted about their eligibility or lack thereof.

You obviously have inside info on that.  My understanding was that results were clear but awaiting written confirmation.  

Also. Happy that we should be punished for this breach.  Even a points deduction!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

Eskbank and dude quoting rule book.  

The football authorities can punish clubs by fines points deduction demotion at their discretion for offences.  For example demotion 3 divisions for EBTs 

Say a team has 5 players go to Spain.  They all come back and quarantine and miss 2 weeks. 

Say another team has one player goes to Spain. Comes back and trains with team. Or plays.  Then the team has its games postponed and there is no sporting loss. 

Completely unfair.  

That's not what happened though and is nowhere near the reality of that situation.

We weren't 'demoted' any division as a result of EBT punishment. We went into admin, newco'd and the SPL refused to transfer the membership from oldco to newco. We applied to join SFL and they voted on putting us into D1 before clubs voted on us going into D3.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

You obviously have inside info on that.  My understanding was that results were clear but awaiting written confirmation.  

Also. Happy that we should be punished for this breach.  Even a points deduction!!!!

No inside info. All been put out there publicly.

Players returned from France and were tested. Results weren't back but B team game went ahead regardless.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

I gbink the point you are making is perhaps that if the club were aware then there could be additional punishments as the crime would be greater.  

To a point yes. 

YOU as the owner of your restaurant are culpable even if your don’t know what your chef (bolignoli) has been up to.
 

I don’t think it matters either way if celtic knew.  Their player has put them so deep in the shit regardless if they knew or not and they should be punished, you would be!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Fucking off to spain doesn't affect his eligibility.

There are two ways a player can be ineligible to play. He isnt registered or is actively suspended. Neither of those are the case so he isn't ineligible. If folk want him to be punished then going for something that he can actually be punished for is a good start.

He'll likely get a disrepute or not acting in the best interests of football charge but going down the ineligible route is every bit as accurate as when the moonhowlers claimed EBTs made our players ineligible.

Yeah I get he isn’t ineligible with the sfa rules I’ve stated that already mate.
 

Anyway I’m still not happy about as if this was us the spfl would find a way of disadvantaging Rangers and nothing you say will change my mind on that dude. 
 

also the SFA fully knew about EBT’s hence why the players were eligible. The sfa in this case didn’t know he was out the country, massive difference! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Yeah I get he isn’t ineligible with the sfa rules I’ve stated that already mate.
 

Anyway I’m still not happy about as if this was us the spfl would find a way of disadvantaging Rangers and nothing you say will change my mind on that dude. 
 

also the SFA fully knew about EBT’s hence why the players were eligible. The sfa in this case didn’t know he was out the country, massive difference! 

Even the players who were found to have side letters remained eligible as theres no mechanism to go back and change that after the fact (was quite an important part in the findings iirc).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Even the players who were found to have side letters remained ineligible as theres no mechanism to go back and change that after the fact (was quite an important part in the findings iirc).

 

Ineligible? Or eligible?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Should automatically forfeit games and opposing team gets awarded 3-0 wins, other clubs shouldn’t be at a disadvantage because others can’t control their players 

Agreed. That mob could have a couple of new signings (with a potential cost in the £10s of millions) in place for the rearranged games. Coming off a poor performance draw  How can that be deemed fair?

The No.9 and 6superbarry6 like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BroonBear said:

Agreed. That mob could have a couple of new signings (with a potential cost in the £10s of millions) in place for the rearranged games. Coming off a poor performance draw  How can that be deemed fair?

Not to mention fans back in the stadium for Aberdeen game 

The No.9 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

He might not be technically ineligible. However since the return there must be something in the rules to stop a player who should be isolating from playing, and there must be a punishment otherwise how can you be sure players will isolate? For example if we had a key player and a member of his household tested positive, but he felt fine and tested negative what is there legally in the rules to stop us playing him if we had a big game like an OF or cup final that week? There must be something in the rules, and that should be being applied to Bolingoli/ the scum.

kelvd1873 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...