Forfeit game! Points deduction.

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

As it stands, of the 12 clubs in the Premiership, 10 have had no incidents of players breaching Covid rules. 2 clubs have had multiple breaches. That suggests to me a total failure of management at those 2 clubs, which has already impacted negatively on other innocent clubs.

I’m at a loss as to why anyone thinks the 2 offending clubs shouldn’t be punished. 

Fair enough. So what’s the precedent here? How often have points been deducted due to disciplinary issues?

isn't the standard punishment for this sort of thing a fine? fine them and censure them. But have never heard of points deductions for anything other than admin events

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

With fines aye, not all this talk about deducting points or anything like that. 

Not saying they get away with it, heavy fine for the club & ban the player for 10 matches for a serious breach of the rules

But claiming he was ineligible or shit like that is stuff we dont need to get involved in. Give our players a proper talking to, ensure they're not the next ones pictured in a pub or anything, keep our head down & win the next few matches 

Agreed, he wasn’t ineligible, that’s bollocks.

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

A club isn't going to encourage a player to knowingly break the law so they can get a game postponed. That's utterly mental. No player is going to put themselves in that position either. You just need to look at the backlash yesterday to see why.

His ineligiblity is nothing to do with which team he plays for. Folk are literally wanting the rules changed retrospectively to punish celtic. If it was the other way we'd all have the tinfoil hats out and be screaming about a conspiracy.

The player absolutely should be punished but overturning their result from the weekend smacks much less of wanting to punish the player than giving us an advantage.

You're missing the point, ANY further rule break gets football stopped, a player goes out for a drink, anything, 

Theres absolutely no fear in the players, the sheep players, the celtic player, how will they be punished, a week off work fully paid and that's it, hell going by the spfl rules they can't even be suspended really, they didnt do anything wrong footballing wise

The footballing authorities need to come down on this hard if they want to even have a chance of finishing the season, if they do and another rule break still happens, at least they can say "we are strictly punishing both players and clubs" 

Right now theres nothing

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You're missing the point, ANY further rule break gets football stopped, a player goes out for a drink, anything, 

Theres absolutely no fear in the players, the sheep players, the celtic player, how will they be punished, a week off work fully paid and that's it, hell going by the spfl rules they can't even be suspended really, they didnt do anything wrong footballing wise

The footballing authorities need to come down on this hard if they want to even have a chance of finishing the season, if they do and another rule break still happens, at least they can say "we are strictly punishing both players and clubs" 

Right now theres nothing

I'm VERY aware of how everything hangs in the balance. That doesnt explain why they should retrospectively change the rules to punish a player  when they can use a number of existing rules to do so.

4 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Fair enough. So what’s the precedent here? How often have points been deducted due to disciplinary issues?

isn't the standard punishment for this sort of thing a fine? fine them and censure them. But have never heard of points deductions for anything other than admin events

You've never heard of a countries government threatening to call a halt to football because the players arent following a strict quarantine and bubble rule book set up during a world wide pandemic either

Fact is imo the spfl and sfa need to slam hard on the rule breaks before sturgeon gets it into her head that she'll have to do so

Bolingoli played the last 6 mins on sunday, when he should have been isolating, whos to say what impact that sub had on the game, what if taylor sold a winning goal for killie, the fact remains he shouldnt have been anywhere near a football pitch let alone play on one, 

8 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

I don’t think deductions are the answer, but forfeiture of upcoming games seems fair to me, otherwise postponement punishes the opponents in upcoming games as well.

I’ll be honest, obviously I’m keen for punishment given the 2 clubs in question, but my main concern is that this season won’t finish unless they come down hard on breaches like this now. Sturgeon has already said this is a yellow, next time it’s red, and she clearly means it. But I don’t think the disincentive to break the rules is anywhere near strong enough for some of the idiots playing in our league.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm VERY aware of how everything hangs in the balance. That doesnt explain why they should retrospectively change the rules to punish a player  when they can use a number of existing rules to do so.

Because this is completely different, the player and his club are putting football on a knife edge

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

I don’t think deductions are the answer, but forfeiture of upcoming games seems fair to me, otherwise postponement punished the opponents in upcoming games as well.

I’ll be honest, obviously I’m keen for punishment given the 2 clubs in question, but my main concern is that this season won’t finish unless they come down hard on breaches like this now. Sturgeon has already said this is a yellow, next time it’s red, and she clearly means it. But I don’t think the disincentive to break the rules is anywhere near strong enough for some of the idiots playing in our league.

Again that’s fair. But if there is a sudden convening of the authorities and they say that the rules going forward are forfeiture of games etc then that will both fulfil your expectation and enrage others. 

The rules have to be in place and the punishments defined for breach of those rule. If they decide any future repeats of this situation mean point deductions then those are the rules and they should be implemented. However the point I am making here, perhaps badly, is that those are not the agreed rules and punishments today and us calling for points deductions is the kind of shite they are renowned for. 

38 minutes ago, The Dude said:

But, again, that has absolutely no bearing on his eligibility to play.

If he is registered and isn't suspended, he is eligible. You can argue that all you want but it's the simple fact of it.

The agreement between the government and the governing bodies for covid protocols should be reflected with-in the football and disciplinary rules. Fielding a player who should be prohibited due to isolation is equal to fielded an eligible player imo.

The failure is that of the SFA/SPFL for not having disciplinary protocols in place for breaches, cfc are responsible for fielding a prohibited player and putting other players at risk because of the unlawful actions of one of their players. cfc should not escape any disciplinary protocols because the SPFL/SFA failed to write them after their meeting with the government.

48 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I hate them, our teams  being run by absolute sewer rats. This team could of deliberately put our players in danger of corona virus because they didn’t want to weaken their team after one of their players broke the rules. They did this knowing the media wouldn’t ask them the telling questions, the authorities would help to protect them and our teams board is so weak that our players welfare is irrelevant. They are weak spineless arseholes that need hounded out of our club if we are serious in winning anything. Winning today might put us top of the league but the off field antics will soon sort that out and our board will watch and do fuckall. We will not be found wanting wankers. 

Totally agree mate .At this moment .They are on the ropes .Our club will stand back and do fuck all about anything 

When the situation is back to normal .We will be back in our usual place as the troublemakers and antagonists .And everyone will be wanting a piece of us 

I guarantee that .And we will still do fuck all about it 

3 hours ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

Bolingoli was ineligible. 

2 European precedents where celtic themselves complaint on minor technical infringements. 

Precedent when registered players play if ineligible eg suspended.  

Precedent of UEFA banning clubs for behaviour of supporters never mind players.  

The club or copoeately responsible for their players behaviour. 

This as far as I am aware is the first time time in world football where a player has broken a law and been fined and put his teammates and others at risk of serious illness and put the future of the sport at risk in our country.  

Annnnd he played. 

If this does not  merit points deduction then frankly nothing does.   It’s only a point.  It’s not even about that point.  It’s about the seriousness and the principle. 

Absolutely 100% on the money!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

The agreement between the government and the governing bodies for covid protocols should be reflected with-in the football and disciplinary rules. Fielding a player who should be prohibited due to isolation is equal to fielded an eligible player imo. The failure is that of the SFA/SPFL for not having disciplinary protocols in place for breaches, cfc are responsible for fielding a prohibited player and putting other players at risk because of the action of one of their players. They should not escape any disciplinary protocols because the SPFL/SFA failed to write them after their meeting with the government.

Whether your opinion is they should count as suspended or not doesn't matter. They aren't enforcing rules based on what you think they should do. At the time the player came on, he was registered to play and wasn't suspended. That makes him eligible to play.

The SFA publish a list of players who are banned each week, can you show me where he appears on it?

If Gerrard gives the players a few days off, Morelos goes to spain and doesn't tell anyone, how do Rangers know he went to Spain?

10 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Again that’s fair. But if there is a sudden convening of the authorities and they say that the rules going forward are forfeiture of games etc then that will both fulfil your expectation and enrage others. 

The rules have to be in place and the punishments defined for breach of those rule. If they decide any future repeats of this situation mean point deductions then those are the rules and they should be implemented. However the point I am making here, perhaps badly, is that those are not the agreed rules and punishments today and us calling for points deductions is the kind of shite they are renowned for. 

Yeah can’t argue with that. Just another example of incompetence at the top of the Scottish game I guess, failing to consider how inevitable breaches of new rules will be punished 

32 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

I believe we should be demanding equity and parity in our treatment on and off the field. I am fairly well documented on here that we are treated unfairly by authorities and media alike. My views on Dr Death since 2008 are clear. 

but calling for points deductions because of an incident like this is embarrassing. That’s my view and if you want to start calling me a cunt because of it fair play. 

If they fielded an ineligible player then that would be different. Rules are rules. 

I found them getting through European competition because of the opposition Fielding ineligible players absolutely embarrassing for them. It’s the rules but it’s a red neck. Our fans calling for points deductions over this is ambulance chasing and just because they do it doesn’t mean we should. 

We can agree to disagree mate but just to clarify I wasnt actually calling you a cunt.

I use that word alot but wasnt used to refer to you as a one.

11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Because this is completely different, the player and his club are putting football on a knife edge

It was already there. There's no doubt this has pushed it a bit closer but it seems we want them to do the things we think are unfair becuase it's not us. The player should absolutely be punished - and club if it can be shown they've also knowingly broken the rules - but there's rules in place that already allow them to do it without needing to rewrite/create them.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Whether your opinion is they should count as suspended or not doesn't matter. They aren't enforcing rules based on what you think they should do. At the time the player came on, he was registered to play and wasn't suspended. That makes him eligible to play.

The SFA publish a list of players who are banned each week, can you show me where he appears on it?

If Gerrard gives the players a few days off, Morelos goes to spain and doesn't tell anyone, how do Rangers know he went to Spain?

The failure is that of the SFA/SPFL for not having disciplinary protocols in place after their meeting with the government to restart football. This does not mean cfc should escape disciplinary action because of their failure . The fact is they fielded a prohibited player who should have been in isolation.  

If I were Gerrard I'd ask players to consent to wearing tracking devices to avoid scandals like this.

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It was already there. There's no doubt this has pushed it a bit closer but it seems we want them to do the things we think are unfair becuase it's not us. The player should absolutely be punished - and club if it can be shown they've also knowingly broken the rules - but there's rules in place that already allow them to do it without needing to rewrite/create them.

The club should be punished for fielding an eligible player simple as that. Why dont you do something useful and write an article on it? Or does that not suit your agenda?

Couple of fans sing a song and the club gets punished. A fan runs on a park and club gets punished. Should be no different here.

3 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

The failure is that of the SFA/SPFL for not having disciplinary protocols in place after their meeting with the government to restart football. This does not mean cfc should escape disciplinary action because of their failure . The fact is they fielded a prohibited player who should have been in isolation.  

If I were Gerrard I'd ask players to consent to wearing tracking devices to avoid scandals like this.

Nothing in place as it was taig players but trust me going forward there certainly will be something in place.

4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Too far regarding tracking 

It is not the rules so nothing can be done is not an argument I can agree with.

That chap had to isolate at home for 14 days. He is employed by scum as a footballer. He was not allowed to go to work. That fits any definition of ineligible that I can think of. 

21 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Hahahahahahaha thats utterly fucking mental. Would you wear a tracking device at your works request?

This thread is cringe. Fuck handing out severe punishment domestically could bite us on the arse

Europe is where we should be demanding action against them however

Our quarantine rules are 14 days so that would kick them out of champions league

6 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

The club should be punished for fielding an eligible player simple as that. Why dont you do something useful and write an article on it? Or does that not suit your agenda?

Couple of fans sing a song and the club gets punished. A fan runs on a park and club gets punished. Should be no different here.

They should be punished for fielding an eligible player when they didn't field an ineligible player? Should we be punished for fielding nine ineligible players?

Yeah, I won't be writing an article about it. It's fucking ridiculous.

When have Rangers (or any club) been punished by the scottish football authorities for fans singing?

Archived