Forfeit game! Points deduction.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

The failure is that of the SFA/SPFL for not having disciplinary protocols in place after their meeting with the government to restart football. This does not mean cfc should escape disciplinary action because of their failure . The fact is they fielded a prohibited player who should have been in isolation.  

If I were Gerrard I'd ask players to consent to wearing tracking devices to avoid scandals like this.

No sure that's even Legal

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

They should be punished for fielding an eligible player when they didn't field an ineligible player? Should we be punished for fielding nine ineligible players?

Yeah, I won't be writing an article about it. It's fucking ridiculous.

When have Rangers (or any club) been punished by the scottish football authorities for fans singing?

Oh there it is. The fucking taig cheerleader. Your a fucking disgrace. Rangers fan my arse. 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Just now, pollok-bear said:

Oh there it is. The fucking taig cheerleader. Your a fucking disgrace. Rangers fan my arse. 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

You'd think folk would get tired of being made to look silly when we do this bollocks time and time again.

1 hour ago, Ger_onimo said:

They just supposedly won 9iar by being awarded a title they hadn’t won ffs😂 I don’t give a fuck how we win this league, the more unfair they perceive it the better

Ano they did? But are we not better than that? Pot kettle black if you are happy to win a title like that? 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

SFA membership was transferred but that didn't come until after we'd been admitted to D3 following the removal of our SPL membership, which was transferred to Dundee.

Then the spl was disbanded.

what you heard on how long b was in Spain and the reasons?

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

The mail reporting the spfl are rushing through emergency powers to punish the clubs but if they can’t use the existing powers then surely this is the final straw for the incompetent Doncaster ?

The SFA only really have disciplinary powers in Scotland. There's only a few areas the SPFL have them in.

Just now, Bad Robot said:

Then the spl was disbanded.

what you heard on how long b was in Spain and the reasons?

No it wasn't. It was rebranded the SPFL and expanded to include the 30 former SFL clubs.

Heard everything from overnight to four days. General consensus is he was away for his hole.

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

The mail reporting the spfl are rushing through emergency powers to punish the clubs but if they can’t use the existing powers then surely this is the final straw for the incompetent Doncaster ?

It should be the final straw for them all as they failed in their duty to draw up disciplinary protocols for breaches after they struck an agreement with the government to restart football. 

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Bringing the game in to disrepute couldn’t be more apt in this circumstance. They’ll be many current rules that they could improvise to correct this wrong.  Improvising rules was a common purpose in 2012, why not now. 

Eligible? Ineligible? The way it is stated in the rule book is  not the point. There has to be some kind of repercussions to the club at hand for their players irresponsibility. At present, I see no sign of this happening.

Our game has been put in jeopardy and a point reduction is the only appropriate punishment, not a paltry fine that the gov't handed out to the player.

You just have to look at LASK as an example of what happens when you break Covid rules.

:lol: You just knew this would be one of those threads where folk got carried away by wishful thinking, the Dude tells them what they don't want to hear and the 'you're no Rangers fan' abuse ensues.

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Giving anyone a points deduction like that when its not in the rules would go straight to CAS and the appeal would be upheld. It's not even a debate.

Disagree. Fielding a player that by any definition of the word was ineligible is good grounds.

Imagine it was a Killie player and they had dropped 2 points. scum would be screaming for a 3-0.

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Disagree. Fielding a player that by any definition of the word was ineligible is good grounds.

Imagine it was a Killie player and they had dropped 2 points. scum would be screaming for a 3-0.

Imagine if Bolingoli had scored the winner!

A punishment needs to be handed out and I don't mean a monetary one.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Eligible? Ineligible? The way it is stated in the rule book is  not the point. There has to be some kind of repercussions to the club at hand for their players irresponsibility. At present, I see to sign of this happening.

Our game has been put in jeopardy and a point reduction is the only appropriate punishment, not a paltry fine that the gov't handed out to the player.

You just have to look at LASK as an example of what happens when you break Covid rules.

Agreed. The safety of players and staff comes first. Secondly is the economic devastation that clubs would have suffered if the government had paused the league. and thirdly it's breaking the law by not isolating for 14 days after being abroad.

Archived