Forfeit game! Points deduction.

Just now, bluenoz said:

Then it was a genuine mistake. Far from knowingly playing an illegible player. You certainly know how to spin a tale. I'll give you that.

No, they'd deliberately tried to game the rules without properly understanding the rules.

Players need to be eligible to play to serve a suspension. Legia purposefully removed him from their UEFA squad list to allow someone else to take his spot. Can't serve a suspension for a competition you aren't registered to play in. Once he was registered his suspension kicked in. Legia were informed of that before they played celtic and still included him in their squad.

FFS, Legia's chairman even complained that celtic and the UEFA delegate didnt point it out to them before the game. Such a genuine mistake that everyone appeared to know he was ineligible except his own club.

"The Scots knew in advance and were deliberately silent.

"The UEFA delegate also knew, but did not come to tell us.

"celtic were laughing at us after the game. They had been beaten 2-0 at home and were happy.

"If I had done what celtic did after knowing the position before the game I think I would have a hangover for life.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

CFC saying "difficult to imagine a more irresponsible action

They just have to look at their own sordid history and see it’s not that difficult to ignore a far more irresponsible (criminal) action...

21 minutes ago, WizardWalters said:

And why the media, government and police should be all over this.

No action the police could take afaik beyond what theyve already done.

celtic have been asked the question by me and not provided any response.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

How can the employer enforce that without knowing the employee had been in Spain?

I’m not even asking them to enforce. Just if they don’t. Then points deduction.  Job done. Then they’ll enforce it. 

Like for example.  If they said points deduction if u sing TBB. The there wud be no singing of TBB. 

Its just that covid is more important than a song!!  

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

How can the employer enforce that without knowing the employee had been in Spain?

The employer is still held responsible and pays the penalty.  Whether they knew or not is their internal problem, not the people their employee might have made sick.  That's what encourages employers to give a toss.

If a bus driver is off his tits and crashes the bus, the bus company will still be liable for compensation whether they knew they were off their tits or not.

14 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Jeezo....you are definitely at the wind up....because his registration is fine does not take away from the fact that he should be self isolating which under government protocol makes him in my eyes INELIGIBLE....I know you are going down the unavailable for selection route with this....the government doesn't tell clubs if a player is available for selection because he has suffered the flu....they are telling clubs as FACT that they cannot play or be in contact.....that in my eyes makes any player INELIGIBLE...the problem is the league never thought about protocol breaches which leaves us at the mercy of the government to call this as they see it

Spot on mate, 

Fucks up every thread with his holier than thou argumentative attitude.

So called Rangers fan my arse.

2 minutes ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

I’m not even asking them to enforce. Just if they don’t. Then points deduction.  Job done. Then they’ll enforce it. 

Like for example.  If they said points deduction if u sing TBB. The there wud be no singing of TBB. 

Its just that covid is more important than a song!!  

So theyll enforce something that they dont know has happened or get a points deduction? That doesnt make a shred of sense.

Aye, mind they told us not to sing certain stuff or part of Ibrox would be closed so those songs immediately stopped and there was never a part of Ibrox closed?

Killie game isn't getting overturned. Boli twat shouldn't have been available but the rules look set on that. I still struggle to belive not one person at that club didn't know he was in Spain. 

Moving forward I think it's got to be severe punishment. A player/players breaks protocols forcing a game postponement. Club forfeit the game and the points. 

3 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

The employer is still held responsible and pays the penalty.  Whether they knew or not is their internal problem, not the people their employee might have made sick.  That's what encourages employers to give a toss.

If a bus driver is off his tits and crashes the bus, the bus company will still be liable for compensation whether they knew they were off their tits or not.

If the bus company can show they took every necessary precaution to avoid such an instance happening(say drink and drug testing their drivers before their shift), they often don't bear any penalty.

IF celtic have done as is reasonably expected of them, they arent reponsible.

3 minutes ago, bornabear said:

Spot on mate, 

Fucks up every thread with his holier than thou argumentative attitude.

So called Rangers fan my arse.

Do people not see the irony of moaning I fuck up threads when their only contribution to threads is complaining I fuck it up.

Feel free to take my £500 challenge to prove Im no a Rangers fan. Or shut the fuck up and sit down.

20 minutes ago, gogzy said:

It doesn't matter what your feeling on his eligibility is mate.  The rules say he wasn't ineligible.

That's my issue m8....under league rules he is elegible but the meaning of the word INELIGIBLE is to be officially or illegally not available for a position....I'm sure I read that BBG has been charged.....which in fact means the government thinks he has done something illegal.....which makes him not only in my eyes but the governments eyes INELIGIBLE 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Because I'm a football journalist.

No a media request.

They can't.

Do you not think it’s iffy that not a single journalist has asked for details of the timeline on when they became aware?

Would of thought it an apt question considering the circumstances. 

It’s to do with corporate clinical governance.  The employer has vicarious responsibility for actions of employees.  I think piper alpha was part of case  law around this.  Also Glasgow bin lorry. 

In both instances the corporate group is held responsible.   

What training ,steps and advice did the give bolingoli.  How is this documented.  How was it monitored.  How often did they check compliance. Did they audit it. Did they record their monitoring contemporaneously   

They had 2 players breach protocol so one imagines they haven’t been corporately sufficient. 

They played a player who they shouldn’t have played and drew 1-1. He endangered his colleagues and the infrastructure of Scottish football. I’m suggesting they lose a point 

Legia played a player for 3 mins.  Had a 6-1 aggregate win overturned for 3 minutes.  They got kicked out a tournament. 

You quoted high profile breaches in other countries.  Did players attend a quarantined country then play!!

Just now, The Dude said:

Because I'm a football journalist.

No a media request.

They can't.

I didn't know this. I am new to the forum.

Well I hope you get the answers and expose what is going on.

I find it impossible to believe that a club the size of them, with their obsessed fan base, social media etc that nobody knew he was away to Spain.

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

That's my issue m8....under league rules he is elegible but the meaning of the word INELIGIBLE is to be officially or illegally not available for a position....I'm sure I read that BBG has been charged.....which in fact means the government thinks he has done something illegal.....which makes him not only in my eyes but the governments eyes INELIGIBLE 

The government don't set the SPFL rules. 

The government done their bit by giving him a fixed Penalty Notice.   It's not their job to enforce what his employers do after that.

8 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Killie game isn't getting overturned. Boli twat shouldn't have been available but the rules look set on that. I still struggle to belive not one person at that club didn't know he was in Spain. 

Moving forward I think it's got to be severe punishment. A player/players breaks protocols forcing a game postponement. Club forfeit the game and the points. 

Yes.   But this breach was predictable.  The SPFL has no problem in demoting us despite no “ sepecific rule”

Just now, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

It’s to do with corporate clinical governance.  The employer has vicarious responsibility for actions of employees.  I think piper alpha was part of case  law around this.  Also Glasgow bin lorry. 

In both instances the corporate group is held responsible.   

What training ,steps and advice did the give bolingoli.  How is this documented.  How was it monitored.  How often did they check compliance. Did they audit it. Did they record their monitoring contemporaneously   

They had 2 players breach protocol so one imagines they haven’t been corporately sufficient. 

They played a player who they shouldn’t have played and drew 1-1. He endangered his colleagues and the infrastructure of Scottish football. I’m suggesting they lose a point 

Legia played a player for 3 mins.  Had a 6-1 aggregate win overturned for 3 minutes.  They got kicked out a tournament. 

You quoted high profile breaches in other countries.  Did players attend a quarantined country then play!!

And none of that has anything to do with a player's eligibility to play football.

Archived