Two footed lunge on Roofe

doc holliday

55 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

The only thing that saved the red was the fact the cunt missed Roofe completely with the tackle

The intent was there though and if he had connected then it had a high possibility of being a serious injury 

The fact he complained about the yellow afterward was insane 

I thought he caught Kemar in the chest.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

I thought he caught Kemar in the chest.

Aye he did but only because roofe was sliding in also

Tin hat on here but it only looks bad because both players lunged in for it, roofe over ran the ball and lunged to get it (what consedine did against us) had the st johnstone player stayed on his feet roofe could easily have caught him a bad one

To me its only a yellow because he doesnt get to the ball first, if he does and its roofe that clatters him, would we be wanting roofe sent off? 

7 hours ago, Inigo said:

The angle from behind shows it isn't a red.

I'm glad your not a ref in this Country .We would get fuck all . You continually back against any controversial desision given against us . It's 100% nailed on you do it . 

I think you could be that ref from last night  to be honest . He was that honking 

I would have you as my number one Rangers media apologist 

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

I'm glad your not a ref in this Country . You continually back against any controversial desision given against us . It's 100% nailed on you do it . 

I think you could be that ref from last night  to be honest . He was that honking 

I would have you as my number one Rangers media apologist 

I'm an apologist too then as from the 2nd angle its far more of a yellow. 😆 Though I am still a bit on the fence on it.

Don't know how to clip a segment of play from RTV to show it, hopefully someone tech savvy could.

IMO it's too brutal and careless to be just a yellow. 

I think some are getting bogged down in technicalities, for me the most important criteria is if it's dangerous or not

I'd say it had the potential to be a leg breaker

The rule on it:

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play

Leaning more towards a red based on the ruling, arguable that all criteria are met.

Screenshot_2020-08-13-00-04-46-164.thumb.jpeg.5ec051220e2eb393a77d674b09a2ad6d.jpeg.jpg

8 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Does feel like it.

Only reason I can think he didnt give the free kick when the guy climbed on top of Hagi was because we just buried a freekick from a similar position and he didnt want us to score another.

Was probably one of the most blatant fouls I have ever seen. Cunt was almost standing on Hagi's head.

i dont think last nights ref was cheating i have seen him many times and he is just incompetent  sadly that applies to a lot of scottish refs i exclude clancy from that  he is a cheat

22 minutes ago, Bears said:

He went in with no control but plenty intent. Red in today's rules. But refs like this are setting the standards early so that others can get away with it.

This for me :thumbup: it was a hellish dangerous tackle and IMO should have been red.

Just the first of many we will be discussing after our games thus season unfortunately.

Typical Rangers v Hammer Throwers 11,which have the usual Rangers hating fenians bulking up their numbers.
Horrible to watch.

There will be quite a few on the physios table today to have them ready for the next episode,in what we will have to overcome if we are going to win 55.   

Just now, Essandoh said:

And I take it this can’t get upgraded to a red because the ref took action with a yellow? @The Dude

It could but iirc it's only if they deem the ref took action but clearly took the wrong one (ie booking a player for a foul when it is clearly violent conduct) It's unlikely this one will get upgraded. There have been a couple of players its happened to but 9.9 times out of 10, if the ref has taken action, that'll be the end of it.

10 hours ago, Smile said:

Red card plus denied a stonewall penalty, refs are cheating.

Denied a stonewall free kick right after we scored our first one

and the prick also didnt give a free kick when Aribo got his shirt grabbed in the corner flag and instead gave the free kick to st J. 

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm an apologist too then as from the 2nd angle its far more of a yellow. 😆 Though I am still a bit on the fence on it.

Don't know how to clip a segment of play from RTV to show it, hopefully someone tech savvy could.

Rubbish you agree with me on many of the instances of refereeing bias 😂

Archived