Two footed lunge on Roofe

doc holliday

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

I know you are a jobsworth type mate so thank you 👍

Doesn't even make sense based on anything I've posted, but k m8.

Jobsworth, taig, Republican, politician, condescending, blah, blah, greet, greet, on we go...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Just responding to your sarcasm 

My first point still stands .You go against the tide every time regards any fans opinions of referees decisions .All the time 

I think it makes you feel good 

Feels great mate, thanks for noticing. 

2 minutes ago, Dado'sMulls said:

Any videos of the tackle in question? Initial thought is it was a red but rhebel's advocate @Inigo claims otherwise...

Just take my word for it. I'm quite trustworthy for a sellic man.

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

If that tackle was made by one of our players and the ref did not give a straight red then the compliant officer would be wheeled out to give a hefty ban. 

100% but Inyego says it’s only a yellow .Probably not even that ,he would probably argue 

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

100% but Inyego says it’s only a yellow .Probably not even that ,he would probably argue 

I have not looked at it since the game but at the time I was sure it was a straight red and was astonished it was not given. Two footed, potential leg breaking type of challenge.

15 hours ago, Smile said:

Red card plus denied a stonewall penalty, refs are cheating.

Ref last night is a massive Bluenose. Can't understand why that wasn't a red.

Not all the ref's are cheating, but the ones aren't are still too terrified to give us anything - due to all the outside influences and other things at play. It's obvious.

46 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Defo. The boy should have received a commendation for it. Tea and medals. 

7 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The rule on it:

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play

Leaning more towards a red based on the ruling, arguable that all criteria are met.

Screenshot_2020-08-13-00-04-46-164.thumb.jpeg.5ec051220e2eb393a77d674b09a2ad6d.jpeg.jpg

47 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I have not looked at it since the game but at the time I was sure it was a straight red and was astonished it was not given. Two footed, potential leg breaking type of challenge.

You can see from the above stills it isn't a 2 footed challenge. Their player was as 2 footed as Roofe was., ie not at all.  The lunge was the issue. His leading leg also passed over Roofe's, it was as potentially leg breaking only as much as any other challenge.

Btw, I'm now in the camp that its a red card, based on the rule posted above, but youre miles out in your assessment of it.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You can see from the above stills it isn't a 2 footed challenge. Their player was as 2 footed as Roofe was., ie not at all.  The lunge was the issue. His leading leg also passed over Roofe's, it was as potentially leg breaking only as much as any other challenge.

Btw, I'm now in the camp that its a red card, based on the rule posted above, but youre miles out in your assessment of it.

Fair enough. My recollection of the incident is at fault. 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

And this is why you never argue with Sema😂

8 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The rule on it:

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play

Leaning more towards a red based on the ruling, arguable that all criteria are met.

Screenshot_2020-08-13-00-04-46-164.thumb.jpeg.5ec051220e2eb393a77d674b09a2ad6d.jpeg.jpg

Surely roofe is doing the exact same, although not as much off the ground

What made it for the ref last night imo is that roofe didn't have control of the ball, it was there to be won, and given both players went in leg first its hard to red one guy because the other made it a split second earlier 

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Surely roofe is doing the exact same, although not as much off the ground

What made it for the ref last night imo is that roofe didn't have control of the ball, it was there to be won, and given both players went in leg first its hard to red one guy because the other made it a split second earlier 

Can't really tell if Roofe is sliding or not. Certainly not an obvious lunge.

I'm agreeing that the incident/ impact wasn't as bad as I first thought, but I still think having dug up the rule all criteria are met.

Any player who....

lunges at an opponent 

in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind

using one or both legs ,

with excessive force 

or endangers the safety of an opponent 

is guilty of serious foul play.

Which element isn't met?

Lastnite was just a continuation of what’s been happening for years, it will be ramped up even more now that we can put a bit of distance between us and the tarriers, which is clearly not allowed to happen in this country tho so I’m expecting some right howling decisions from refs now

Archived