No sense of urgency

RangersMedia

I don't understand why there is never any sense of urgency when we go away from home against the shiter teams in the league? We always build up slowly as though we are trying to feel our way into a game then before you know it, 80 mins have gone and it's 0-0. 

The most joy we got today was after throwing Itten on and hitting long balls and feeding off scraps 35 yards from their goal or in behind the channels. You don't always need to play football or a 5 yard pass ffs 

Fed up with this ponderous bullshit. Get the ball forward and get the ball forward quickly ffs

To think folk used to moan about Walter's style of play. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't have the mental strength to do so.

It impacts on the players' composure, why we see passes bobbling about the pitch. You'll notice how often our passes end up slightly behind whoever it's being passed to as well, because the team still has that panic/fear about the fact they know they need to win. Players then have to take extra touches and adjust. It completely kills momentum and makes us much easier to defend against.

3 minutes ago, TheJacketRFC said:

One of my biggest pet hates that we do.

Even the opening of this game we where passing it about the defence. We knew this was a tough place and what we where in for we should have battered them pillar to post with everything we had.

Goldson is by far the worst for it in our defence

34 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I don't understand why there is never any sense of urgency when we go away from home against the shiter teams in the league? We always build up slowly as though we are trying to feel our way into a game then before you know it, 80 mins have gone and it's 0-0. 

The most joy we got today was after throwing Itten on and hitting long balls and feeding off scraps 35 yards from their goal or in behind the channels. You don't always need to play football or a 5 yard pass ffs 

Fed up with this ponderous bullshit. Get the ball forward and get the ball forward quickly ffs

To think folk used to moan about Walter's style of play. 

Too many think they just need to show up.

Bunch of bottle merchants.

Where’s  the leadership on the park?

We are badly missing a demanding, moaning and dare I say nasty cunt who will berate his own and demand they put in a shift . 
Barry Ferguson was and did just that. A captain who made things happen.

1 minute ago, Canabear said:

I agree but the Manager thinks our intensity was great,

First time i've ever disagreed with his post match comments i think.

The manager also thinks Brandon Barker is a football player so I wouldn't pay much attention to him.

Sadly we still lack that physicality and aggression to intimidate the oppo. 

As shite as Livi are, they did not lack any of that.

Too many shrinking violets with the wrong mentality in that team.

Technical ability on its own wont win titles and not that we are overly blessed with that either

23 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Goldson, Helendar, Kamara and Jack strolling about, slowly passing it from side to side like it was a training game when there were 10 minutes left was infuriating. It was only in the last five minutes that Goldson tried to drive forward and break the lines a couple of times.

Helander did one too in fairness but after he gave the pass he stopped between their box and the half way line. Should be given licence to back themselves and get on the end of a cross if it’s that late and we need a goal.

20 minutes ago, beararse said:

Bunch of bottle merchants.

Where’s  the leadership on the park?

We are badly missing a demanding, moaning and dare I say nasty cunt who will berate his own and demand they put in a shift . 
Barry Ferguson was and did just that. A captain who made things happen.

Genuinely don’t think many of these players would mentally deal with a player in the middle of the park getting up them if they were needing dragged.

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Helander did one too in fairness but after he gave the pass he stopped between their box and the half way line. Should be given licence to back themselves and get on the end of a cross if it’s that late and we need a goal.

Helander really was poor. 

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

His forward passing was horrific.

About half dozen times he tried to play the forward pass that was never on. He seemed  nervous most 1st half. He lost out on a stupid challenge on the halfway line that a faster striker would have punished. He played himself out of a jersey if Balogun returns for next week imo. 

Agreed @psb07158 

It pissed me off at 80min when we suddenly started to pick up the pace and show some urgency. 

Why does it take us to get to that point in a game before players actually start to give a shit?

I don't think there's a Rangers player amongst that lot 

Archived