Roofe & Itten

British_Empire

Please be patient. 

I know today wasn’t great (second half we loosened up and played better) but these two will need a wee bit of time to get upto speed and develop an understanding.

They won’t get forever but I seen glimpses in Itten today and even though Roofe didn’t do too much other than the goal you need to remember it’s a been a couple of weeks and it’s a guy from Switzerland and a guy that’s played most in England who’s never met so partnerships need time to develop an understanding.

as I say, they won’t get forever to gel but they do get a wee bit time. 

Far from great today, but Kilmarnock are a notoriously sticky team. Was rigid but back to winning ways. 

a big thing to take from it yet another clean sheet. 

I have my doubts over us finishing teams this season but the way we play we’re gonna be so hard to beat tbh 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Please be patient. 

I know today wasn’t great (second half we loosened up and played better) but these two will need a wee bit of time to get upto speed and develop an understanding.

They won’t get forever but I seen glimpses in Itten today and even though Roofe didn’t do too much other than the goal you need to remember it’s a been a couple of weeks and it’s a guy from Switzerland and a guy that’s played most in England who’s never met so partnerships need time to develop an understanding.

as I say, they won’t get forever to gel but they do get a wee bit time. 

Far from great today, but Kilmarnock are a notoriously sticky team. Was rigid but back to winning ways. 

a big thing to take from it yet another clean sheet. 

I have my doubts over us finishing teams this season but the way we play we’re gonna be so hard to beat tbh 

I'm happy that they actually played better second half in what appears to be their right position. 

It looked more positive anyway.  

Thought Roofe was superb given his lack of match fitness. Similar to Defoe he's always dangerous. Clever player with good movement. Will score loads. 

Big Itten fell a bit short, maybe a lack of confidence but he didn't look quite as sharp as Roofe. Needed to bring himself into the game a bit more imo. Thought his sheer presence occupied the centre backs and helped Roofe, Barker and Kent flourish a bit more with 2 being the match winners and Barker having a very good game. 

Happy with them so far. Expecting better as well. 

Poor from both in the 1st half.  2nd half far more impressive.

Itten looks intelligent but also can put himself about. Roofe,  or Roffe, had little came off for him but it was a neat finish.

Both will undoubtedly come good, hopefully both can get an understanding as I like having 2 potential no 9s on the park even if we only play 1 upfront 

The key will be to keep winning as they both find their feet. We can't afford any more Livi results, certainly in the short term.

I'm quite optimistic about both to be honest. I'm also optimistic we can continue to win as we bed them in.

Clean sheets are huge. It's been a massive issue for us for years. All centre halve have been really solid so far. Conceded very few chances all season. We look like we finally have a solid foundation (touch wood).

If thats Morelos now out the squad and presumably leaving then unfortunately neither of them have the time they need to settle properly.

They both came for decent fees (relatively speaking) & we need them both up to form very quickly if we're going to challenge this season

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

If thats Morelos now out the squad and presumably leaving then unfortunately neither of them have the time they need to settle properly.

They both came for decent fees (relatively speaking) & we need them both up to form very quickly if we're going to challenge this season

Agreed mate :tu:........... Also I'm curious as to how many goals they can score as a pair together this season.Think they can bag 30 plus which would replace Alfies goal tally last season.

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Agreed mate :tu:........... Also I'm curious as to how many goals they can score as a pair together this season.Think they can bag 30 plus which would replace Alfies goal tally last season.

Haha weird thing is I just typed something similar to that on another thread! But I went for the opposite route...i'm not sure they can hit 15 goals each at least in their first season, given that Roofe is mega unfit & Itten doesn't seem to be the clinical type

But 3 games in, 1 has a goal and the other has shown some good link up play so we can't moan about that.

I've seen enough glimpses from both to make me think that they can both be good players for us.

Roofe looks like he is going to be a really tidy player for us. Itten looks better through the middle, I think a goal will settle him and he'll kick on. 

Both of them are good players.

Roofe is rusty, yes, but his two attempts on goal resulted in a goal and a class header onto the post. 

Itten went too wide right in the first half, but he was neat and tidy. I think he adds a different dimension, with his height, which we'll utilise. 

Overall, in context, I was happy with their performances today. 

Just now, bluenoz said:

Roofe will go on to be a great player for us when fit.

Itten cannot replace Alfie's goals. He might end up decent but not as good as Morelos.

No, but if both can get 20 goals each we'll be in a much better position. 

I just feel Itten's going to frustrate the life out of me but I expect us to be talking about Roofe as one of our best players by Christmas.

If Morelos goes for £20 million and we reinvest half of it I hope we bring another forward in for relatively big money though if there's anything left after getting a midfielder.

Just now, GabrielTomato said:

Both of them are good players.

Roofe is rusty, yes, but his two attempts on goal resulted in a goal and a class header onto the post. 

Itten went too wide right in the first half, but he was neat and tidy. I think he adds a different dimension, with his height, which we'll utilise. 

Overall, in context, I was happy with their performances today. 

I agree, if you take into account lack of match fitness and team bonding. They both did well. 

Itten's movement off the ball is great, if someone starts finding his runs he'll get goals. 

1 minute ago, keithgersbear said:

To win the league we don't have patience to give.  We need them scoring goals asap and plenty of them. 

I agree but we’re not talking about bedding in youngsters or a project we’re talking about giving good Proven players a chance to gel a partnership 

Archived