Jon McLaughlin

Clemdog

Despite how well McGregor has played for us the last two Seasons, I'd hope McLaughlin is now our No1.

So refreshing having a keeper who can command his box, play well with the ball at his feet and recycle the ball as quickly as possible. 

This could change if McLaughlin's shot stopping is called into question, but right now I can't see any reason for this to change. 

Mixed on it, but I'll be honest, it's something I've thought too.

I was annoyed at Walter when Alexander stepped in, done fuck-all wrong including winning us shoot-outs, then McGregor the favourite straight back in.

McGregor is still a good goalkeeper (but I think?) McLaughlin is a couple of years younger and done nothing wrong.

Maybe it is time? I don't know. 

I won't ball and shout if it is, tho.

But I'm not confident either way, only in the sense that McGregor is a big game performer and thrives in celtic games and the like. Is that really Jon McLaughlin? it's OK doing the basics (even doing the basics very well) but there's more to that as a Rangers goalie.

His distribution is good but he’s had a couple of shaky moments in the games he’s played 

No problem with him playing in games like today because as the OP  said his distribution is far better but McGregor the wife beater has to play in the big games, some of the saves he makes are out of this world 

Scottish footballs a joke man no cunt attacks us or even try’s to win but aye so far he’s done fuck all wrong. It’s good we’re in the position where we have two competent keepers and it makes little difference to the team what one starts. 

Never thought we would sign a keeper who I am happy to see play ahead of McGregor so huge credit to management for getting McLaughlin in. Don't know what his stats are already but they must be very impressive.It is always nice to have 2 No1s.

Just now, British_Empire said:

:lol: had no idea McGregor was that, thought he was 34 or something and McGlaughlin was like 31/32 :lol: x a hunner

McGregor is 39 in January. Mental really. Feels like no time since he was establishing himself in the first team under PLG but I suppose he was a bit of a late starter in that regard. :lol:

Just now, the old guard said:

Jimmy bell could have played in goal for us the last two games. 

See tbh people need to remember that before getting carried away with McLaughlin.

He's done well, Done all that's been asked of him and gave the manager a decision to make but

We need to be honest, teams don't want to try and score against us - just stop us scoring. You need to take that into account also.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

See tbh people need to remember that before getting carried away with McLaughlin.

He's done well, Done all that's been asked of him and gave the manager a decision to make but

We need to be honest, teams don't want to try and score against us - just stop us scoring. You need to take that into account also.

When McLaughlin has played against better sides in Lille & Lyon he stood up to the task also.

But his calmness and willingness to recycle the ball has definitely helped us on an attacking front when he's not been busy.

Much more to the goalkeeper position nowadays though and I've heard McGregor is starting to 'feel it' a bit this Season.

9 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Hasn’t really had much to do tbh. 

But looks decent with quick distribution. 

I agree that he’s not really been tested proper to make a judgement but I think he keeps his place until he makes a major mistake.

1 minute ago, GabrielTomato said:

When McLaughlin has played against better sides in Lille & Lyon he stood up to the task also.

But his calmness and willingness to recycle the ball has definitely helped us on an attacking front when he's not been busy.

Much more to the goalkeeper position nowadays though and I've heard McGregor is starting to 'feel it' a bit this Season.

I'm not arguing against you. I just think there's bigger tests to come before we can say for sure.

Archived