Defence

eskbankloyal

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, eskbankloyal said:

So far this season domestically (5 games) we’ve conceded just 5 shots on target. Averaging 3 shots against us per game & conceding just 1 corner.

Granted, the opposition this year looks really poor but that’s an impressive level of dominance 

Its been an absolute doing for the most part that every team has recieved. Killie were embarrassing yesterday 

I’m guessing we’re seeing the results of a league start rushed through during a no money pandemic, glad we’re picking up points but it really is brutal to watch , the op’s statistics are ridiculous 😂

So far so good and no silly errors which have caused damage to be done. Disagree on the post re Helander, he strolled it yesterday, very assured and his reading of the game nipped a few attacks in the bud before they could develop 

We look fantastic defensively with some top class options back there. May be fair to assume the 2 holding midfielders some are moaning about are protecting them to an extent too meaning it is working. 

Our biggest issue is middle to front and going forward. Those 4 attacking options in the team. We need more from them but on topic, defence has been brilliant since we came back from lockdown. Long may that continue. 

May I also add the new keeper. He has been outstanding and looks a real find and steady pair of hands. 

1 minute ago, SPWF said:

That’s even more impressive IMO. He fucked up and had the desire and ability to recover. 

I prefer not to be impressed by players fucking up and then praising them for rectifying it.

He has done well, if he could prevent the mistakes that he then needs to recover from, he'd be doing even better. He's an 8/10 for me this season.

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Defence have been comfortable and deserve credit but in all honesty the quality in the league this year is absolutely terrible.

The 4 games against them should determine league winner but who knows with us.

if you add in the 4 pre season games  2 of which were away against decent french opposition thats 9 games without conceeding

11 minutes ago, SpiritofBillStruth said:

We look fantastic defensively with some top class options back there. May be fair to assume the 2 holding midfielders some are moaning about are protecting them to an extent too meaning it is working. 

Our biggest issue is middle to front and going forward. Those 4 attacking options in the team. We need more from them but on topic, defence has been brilliant since we came back from lockdown. Long may that continue. 

May I also add the new keeper. He has been outstanding and looks a real find and steady pair of hands. 

Two holding midfielders aren’t protecting against teams that don’t come out their 18 yard box 

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I prefer not to be impressed by players fucking up and then praising them for rectifying it.

He has done well, if he could prevent the mistakes that he then needs to recover from, he'd be doing even better. He's an 8/10 for me this season.

What? :lol:

Wish teams would have the same mindset as Motherwell in the friendly so we can enjoy it more 😂, in all honestly though 1/2v0 with spl teams support and us losing the will to live or 4v0 having a we go, it’s still 3pts , I’m bored oot my skull so fuck knows what our five opposition fans are like , the league is fucking dreadful 

12 minutes ago, SPWF said:

That’s even more impressive IMO. He fucked up and had the desire and ability to recover. 

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

2 minutes ago, SPWF said:

What? :lol:

Thats even more impressive

He fucked up

And had the ability and desire to rectify.

Thats being impressed by players who are fucking up then  praising them for rectifying their own mistake.

Archived