Alfredo, the press and the Rangers family

Soldier blue

This is the first time I have started a topic on here but I have been saddened by some of the comments on here of late so here goes.

I believe that AM has been a good servant to our club.  He has always been honest that he viewed us as a stepping stone to enhance his career, many of us diehard Rangers fans would say that he already plays for the best club in the world but he is Coulumbian and had probably never heard of Rangers before he joined.  He has, generally,  performed very well for us and at times carried the team in Europe.  On top of that he was a bargain, thanks go to JJ, and he will undoubtably multiply our outlay x15 or more.  Looking good so far.

I have never witnessed a player in Scotland be subjected to the abuse, victimisation and negative attention that AM has endured from the MSM up here.  I won’t credit them by naming them but we all know the main offenders.  A prime example appeared in today’s press.  The article is, in my opinion, pure fiction as the tosser that wrote it would be amongst the last people on earth to obtain access to inside information at Ibrox.  So basically another litany of lies and sensationalism intended to tarnish AM.  He, like his fellow tossers, don’t care that it is the antipathy of good journalism as it plays to the majority in this cesspit who hate our club.  They like to believe that they are relevant and controversy achieves that in their view, even if it’s complete fantasy.  Our very own ‘The Dude’ is a good example of a journo who likes to be controversial,  without that they disappear.  He does get some brownie points for his occasional pro-Rangers articles unlike the MSM.

What has saddened me is that a minority of our fans are now turning against AM.  He feels it’s time to move on, I agree.  I have never seen any reports of him sitting in his own pish eating chips, taking drugs, charged with assault, battering his missus or gambling away his wages.  I have seen  real evidence of him looking after the poor people in the country he was raised, you know, remembering where he came from and giving back.  Nobody outside Ibrox knows for sure what is going on with Alfie.  It is clear that he has had his head turned, not the first and won’t be the last and no reason for any Rangers fan to be adding to the abuse he has endured from the toxic Scottish press.  They will be pleased and feel ‘job done’.  I do wonder who will be their next victim in our team though?

I hope Alfie goes and has a great career, he has the ability.  He will go with my thanks for some great memories and hopefully that will be the same for the majority of our fans.  Hopefully the minority who are turning against him can see the whole picture.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attitude stinks of late and not for the first time.

Not going to kiss his arse.

He’s given us some class moments but there’s no excuse to go about this the way he is. Just need this move done now and ideally bring in one or two midfielders to finish our business.

11 minutes ago, Soldier blue said:

This is the first time I have started a topic on here but I have been saddened by some of the comments on here of late so here goes.

I believe that AM has been a good servant to our club.  He has always been honest that he viewed us as a stepping stone to enhance his career, many of us diehard Rangers fans would say that he already plays for the best club in the world but he is Coulumbian and had probably never heard of Rangers before he joined.  He has, generally,  performed very well for us and at times carried the team in Europe.  On top of that he was a bargain, thanks go to JJ, and he will undoubtably multiply our outlay x15 or more.  Looking good so far.

I have never witnessed a player in Scotland be subjected to the abuse, victimisation and negative attention that AM has endured from the MSM up here.  I won’t credit them by naming them but we all know the main offenders.  A prime example appeared in today’s press.  The article is, in my opinion, pure fiction as the tosser that wrote it would be amongst the last people on earth to obtain access to inside information at Ibrox.  So basically another litany of lies and sensationalism intended to tarnish AM.  He, like his fellow tossers, don’t care that it is the antipathy of good journalism as it plays to the majority in this cesspit who hate our club.  They like to believe that they are relevant and controversy achieves that in their view, even if it’s complete fantasy.  Our very own ‘The Dude’ is a good example of a journo who likes to be controversial,  without that they disappear.  He does get some brownie points for his occasional pro-Rangers articles unlike the MSM.

What has saddened me is that a minority of our fans are now turning against AM.  He feels it’s time to move on, I agree.  I have never seen any reports of him sitting in his own pish eating chips, taking drugs, charged with assault, battering his missus or gambling away his wages.  I have seen  real evidence of him looking after the poor people in the country he was raised, you know, remembering where he came from and giving back.  Nobody outside Ibrox knows for sure what is going on with Alfie.  It is clear that he has had his head turned, not the first and won’t be the last and no reason for any Rangers fan to be adding to the abuse he has endured from the toxic Scottish press.  They will be pleased and feel ‘job done’.  I do wonder who will be their next victim in our team though?

I hope Alfie goes and has a great career, he has the ability.  He will go with my thanks for some great memories and hopefully that will be the same for the majority of our fans.  Hopefully the minority who are turning against him can see the whole picture.

:britney:

Gave you the like based on the press stuff.  The treatment he has had is disgusting but I'm positive that Keech and his colleagues will be irrelevant within too long as 'new age' media does its thing.  

I'm sure AM will do well after leaving us. 

ps. Didn't he do something similar when he played for Helsinki before joining us? Or am I making this up? To me this is not new behaviour for a "professional" footballer, happens all the time.

You make good points. However having “your head turned” is where I draw a line and lose respect for any Rangers player it happens to. Ryan Kent is a good example for ignoring it, he has Leeds after him probably gonna double his wages but he still put in a solid shift and worked his arse off. 

Alfredo has had a few assists and goals already this season which is great, but he looks uninterested, and you should never look uninterested as a Rangers player. Quite frankly he’s gonna fuck up his dream move if he doesn’t get his head screwed on. Plus, why the fuck is Lille so appealing when we are next door to england? He should be waiting for prem interest.

As is usual with these things the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Morelos has been a great player for us for about 75% of his Rangers career. He’s been infuriating at other times and I don’t think you can say he hasn’t been given plenty of chances by the club too.

The club have gone and defended him in the press, but then they hop into bed with the holding co of one of the biggest culprits of yellow journalism on him in a business venture.

There’s a lot of fault on both sides but now is definitely the time to thank him and move him on.

4 minutes ago, LewisWATP said:

You make good points. However having “your head turned” is where I draw a line and lose respect for any Rangers player it happens to. Ryan Kent is a good example for ignoring it, he has Leeds after him probably gonna double his wages but he still put in a solid shift and worked his arse off. 

Alfredo has had a few assists and goals already this season which is great, but he looks uninterested, and you should never look uninterested as a Rangers player. Quite frankly he’s gonna fuck up his dream move if he doesn’t get his head screwed on. Plus, why the fuck is Lille so appealing when we are next door to england? He should be waiting for prem interest.

I think he’s desperate to get to fuck out this cesspit of a country and move to a real league and who can blame him. Bottom line is though we are paying him a healthy wage and he should be more professional about it. If he’s not giving 100% then rightfully he should be left out the squad. 

Im a big Buffalo fan but I think he’s ran his course here and it’s best all round if we cash in and he moves on. 

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I think he’s desperate to get to fuck out this cesspit of a country and move to a real league and who can blame him. Bottom line is though we are paying him a healthy wage and he should be more professional about it. If he’s not giving 100% then rightfully he should be left out the squad. 

Im a big Buffalo fan but I think he’s ran his course here and it’s best all round if we cash in and he moves on. 

Completely agree. I love big Morelos aswell and I’ll hold no grudge when he moves on. You make a good point about this shithole of a country, place is going backwards. 

As you said hopefully we get this sorted and get the money and invest it well. 

The fact he's had an undeservedly tough time from the so called Scottish 'journalists' doesn't excuse that in his three years here we've had about one and a half season's worth of good performances. This is because he's either suspended for behaving like a spoiled brat; or in the huff wanting to leave/get a new contract, of which he's had two improved contracts.

I hope he goes this window for the 20mil the board are holding out for, and there's about 6 or 7 weeks of the window to go so plenty of time. During which I want Itten and Roofe to be banging them in to show Morelos he'll need to work hard to either get back in the team or earn his move.

The minute he agreed terms with a nothing french club before a fee was agreed was the end for me....on the eve of our most important season in fucking yonks his focus was not on Rangers but his own self interest....do I blame him for wanting out...probably not as he has been treated shambolicly by the MSM but has been adored by US

Their are ways and means of achieving your goals in life sadly for me Alfie has went all the wrong way about getting this move

He has been a good servant to the club, but the relationship was MORE THAN reciprocal.

We plucked him from obscurity in Finland, gave him a platform, big European nights, 3 bumper contract extensions in 3-years, stuck by him endlessly when his disciplinary problems caused us issues on the park including missing out on Cup finals.

We don't owe him a thing as blunt as it sounds.

I'll be as sorry as anyone to see him go, but it's his choice.

I like your sentiment OP, but for me he's had so many chances and fresh starts with our support that for many his attitude around this transfer is the final straw. I could quite easily write a post which would mirror yours talking about his discipline issues, how he went missing the last time he was linked with a big money move, how he doesn't show up after Christmas etc. 

He's scored a shit tonne of goals and done well for the club, I won't be bitter about his exit but I certainly couldn't give a fuck what he goes on to do from here. I used to love the wee guy but trust takes a lifetime to build a moment to lose, unfortunately I don't think any Rangers fan can trust that he has had the club's best interests at heart over the last 3 months. 

Priority now is getting as much money as possible for him and reinvesting in players who want to be here. 

Thanks go to JJ and Pedro

Whether we like it or not Pedro was the one that gave the move the go ahead.

Managers receive recommendations all the time, this was one of the few things he actually did right.

Any other manager gets credit for their signings, this should be no different...

Sadly, have to give credit where it’s due.

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

He was been a good servant to the club, but the relationship was MORE THAN reciprocal.

We plucked him from obscurity in Finland, gave him a platform, big European nights, 3 bumper contract extensions in 3-years, stuck by him endlessly when his disciplinary problems caused us issues on the park including missing out on Cup finals.

Its a two way street, Morelos has been brilliant for us and we have been brilliant for him,  i really hope his transfer to whoever gets concluded asap and we move on.

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

He was been a good servant to the club, but the relationship was MORE THAN reciprocal.

Couldn't agree more with all of this. 

Much as he's been great for us (as we have been for him), you just don't down tools and expect fans that've pretty much had your back through thick and thin not to be disappointed. There's some things you just don't do to a fanbase if they mean something to you. Sadly, it will leave a sour taste for me. Will still look back fondly, but it's tarnished a little.

Archived