Jim Baxter documentary tonight at 9pm

Redwhiteandblue

1 hour ago, Barasa said:

Dragged on a bit. Played football, beat England, got pished. Oh yeh, & he also played with Rangers.

He was a nice guy, funny guy, generous guy, didn't stand fools, had great stories and  was good company.  He loved Rangers.  

5 hours ago, badjon said:

That is a fucking odd summation of the programme by someone I assume is a Rangers fan.

It's a critique of the programme, not the subject. There was not much in it about his time at Rangers.

The mhanks were  absolutely terrified of him.

You could literally feel their fear when he ran on to  the pitch.

A  truly magnificent player before the excessive booze,aversion to training and the after effects of that snapped leg kicked in.

The greatest player  that I have ever seen playing for Rangers.

He was good enough to play in a World Best Eleven.

2 hours ago, bornabear said:

Certainly one of the best World players I saw playing.

Not only could he play football brilliantly, he could also take the piss out of any opponent on the park.

great to watch the programme but very sad as well  probably the best Rangers player i have seen   i will never forget the day at falkirk when we won 7 nil and davie wilson scored 6  but for me jim baxter was on another planet that day  truly fantastic

Really enjoyed it it makes you wonder given the players we had mid 60's how those Bastards racked up 9iar.

Our board seemed to be a factor given the circumstances around the likes of JB.

The only downside was the reprobate Brown given airtime clad in his manky gear.

Otherwise real Scots legends giving their opinion on JB

Watching him tease and torment a very good England side at Wembley is an absolute joy, was before my time but having seen lots of clips of him and most importantly the way he was held in such a high esteem by his peers tells you everything about the man, a born entertainer who could do it on any stage :bow: 

23 hours ago, thebluedoo said:

Watching him tease and torment a very good England side at Wembley is an absolute joy, was before my time but having seen lots of clips of him and most importantly the way he was held in such a high esteem by his peers tells you everything about the man, a born entertainer who could do it on any stage :bow: 

I was there. Had to get surgery to get the grin removed a week later.

Archived