Crowd Test event

Bill8972

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three Scottish Premiership games on 12 September are set to be test events with fans after government talks.

Rangers' home match with Dundee United, and Ross County against celtic are likely to feature, with one other game also permitted to be used for a pilot.

If successful, all top-flight clubs could then host limited numbers of fans from the following weekend.

It comes after celtic's request for Sunday's match with Motherwell to serve as a test event was refused.

The government rejected the proposal, while allowing Friday's rugby match between Edinburgh and Glasgow at Murrayfield to be attended by 700 fans.

That will be the first sports event in Scotland since lockdown to have spectators.

The Premiership test events are expected to have crowds in the low hundreds.

All 12 sides will play at 15:00 BST on Saturday, 12 September, with no games being moved for television.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/53951299?__twitter_impression=true

My sons school is back with 1500 pupils bouncing off each other all day but they will only allow “low hundreds” into a stadium that can comfortably let in thousands with social distancing made very easy.

This is all bullshit and shows how utterly clueless these fucking idiots really are.

You can go out for something to eat.

You can go get pished at the pub.

You can’t use a gym or go for a swim.

You can’t go watch a game of football.

All a fuck up.

3 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

My sons school is back with 1500 pupils bouncing off each other all day but they will only allow “low hundreds” into a stadium that can comfortably let in thousands with social distancing made very easy.

This is all bullshit and shows how utterly clueless these fucking idiots really are.

You can go out for something to eat.

You can go get pished at the pub.

You can’t use a gym or go for a swim.

You can’t go watch a game of football.

All a fuck up.

Might be because football is shown on tv and is more visible to the public, fuck knows what their thinking is.

I want to know what test event means.

If only 2% of supporters die then it's good to go? 

What do they actually mean by test event?

I'm thinking it's a load of BS tbh.

Just now, Drumloyal said:

What's the odds that MyGers members with highest points will get the nod?  :lol:

They should let people like me in who can’t usually go to games for health reasons. 

Would be ideal with no big crowd.

I hereby volunteer my services as a trialist for the new crowd test 😂😂

2 minutes ago, Swally said:

Might be because football is shown on tv and is more visible to the public, fuck knows what their thinking is.

I want to know what test event means.

If only 2% of supporters die then it's good to go? 

What do they actually mean by test event?

I'm thinking it's a load of BS tbh.

It’s mad mate.

Say 500 get into Ibrox and it passes smoothly, does that mean it’s good to go?

What if 500 are at another game and a small spike comes from it, are we all fucked from going back?

Who is in charge of this garbage?

6 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

It’s mad mate.

What if 500 are at another game and a small spike comes from it, are we all fucked from going back?

The conspiracy nut in me is wondering if this is a prelude to us receiving punishment for some sort of mishandling of this "test event".     

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

It’s mad mate.

My personal opinion about all of this is politicians are struggling between retaining their popularity and doing what's right for the health of the country.

I think they're trying to make it look like they're in control and on top of things when it just takes a little bit of prodding to see it's all just a facade. 

Leaders would become very unpopular if clubs started to go under, and  people's enjoyment were being so heavily impacted for a sustained length of time.

I'm not saying it's easy, it's a tightrope they're walking.

The politicians should have got a grip of this right from the start but they didn't and it allowed the disease to really take a grip.

BJ is one of the biggest idiots of the lot of them, and I voted for him. Imagine saying don't buy facemasks they don't make much of a difference, then when the NHS PPE shortage is sorted start telling people they could be fined up to £3200 if they don't wear them.

He couldn't be honest and say, yes face masks would help  a lot if we all wore them but at this moment in time the NHS needs this stuff more etc

Sorry for the rant, the whole situation is ridiculous and I hate how they're treating us like little children instead of adults.

9 minutes ago, Swally said:

BJ is one of the biggest idiots of the lot of them, and I voted for him. Imagine saying don't buy facemasks they don't make much of a difference, then when the NHS PPE shortage is sorted start telling people they could be fined up to £3200 if they don't wear them.

He couldn't be honest and say, yes face masks would help  a lot if we all wore them but at this moment in time the NHS needs this stuff more etc

Sorry for the rant, the whole situation is ridiculous and I hate how they're treating us like little children instead of adults.

They did lie, but we can see why. Can you imagine the shaming & abuse of those of us lucky enough to own dust masks from the start.

Archived