Terry Hurlock - Video

julescotia

Some quotes from Wiki

Quotes

"I stayed away from him as much as possible!" – David Beckham recalls a match against Fulham during his loan spell at Preston North End[30]

"Some of us [Millwall players] were playfully goading Terry about what he was going to do to Vinnie Jones in the upcoming fixture with Wimbledon. Without saying a word, he got up from the table and walked to the entrance of the pub and ripped the door off its hinges" – Millwall teammate Tony Cascarino[30]

"Absolute hero. He was a very, very hard player, but a very, very intelligent player" – Millwall supporter Bob Crow[4]

"Intimidating? He just had to growl at the opposition and they'd be scared, but he was also a decent player" – Millwall teammate Teddy Sheringham[31]

Q: "What's your favourite animal?" A: "Terry Hurlock" – Millwall teammate Neil Ruddock[32]

"Hurlock was like Michael Bolton crossed with a pit-bull and was brought in to add some bite to the Saints midfield" – Chris Rann, Metro[33]

"I'd come here (Brentford) as a young professional and he just epitomised it. He was just a leader and I only thought – if I could emulate this fellow. He'd get press for his ruggedness and tough tackling, but he could play. Week in, week out, year after year Tel was ripping up trees for Brentford. He was a great player. If you're a poor player you aren't going to go on and play for Glasgow Rangers" – Brentford teammate Terry Evans[34]

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

Hardest player I've ever seen........... opponents were shit scared of him.

Nice to see that goal v them again so thanks for posting Jules.

I thought he was a bit of a thug to be honest, aceptable for that one season because he was our thug. :lol:

The hardest player ever for Rangers in my opinion was the legend John Greig, with maybe only Souness 2nd to him.

That was my first old firm game where he scored that screamer in the clip .

Standing in the EE seconds before the strike I noted a guy to my right squeezing through the packed terrace with a tray of bovrils,goal goes in tray goes up in the air and several guys scolded 

4 hours ago, Billyblueblood said:

I thought he was a bit of a thug to be honest, aceptable for that one season because he was our thug. :lol:

The hardest player ever for Rangers in my opinion was the legend John Greig, with maybe only Souness 2nd to him.

He was a far more accomplished player than folk give him credit for. Hard as nails, didnt shirk a tackle and had it not been for the 3 foreigner rule coming in, he would have been with us for more than a season. 

3 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Read a story a while back, about how he handed Gary McKay a piece of paper and McKay shat it.

It was seemingly the menu for Edinburgh royal infirmary.

even if that’s not true it’s some story 😂😂

I love the story of him ripping a pub door off its hinges when the millwall lads were winding him up in advance of coming up against Vinnie Jones and asking him what he was going to do 😂

On 07/09/2020 at 09:49, scotty1976 said:

I used to work with a lad who’d played with Millwall during Hurlock’s second spell there. Apparently he was treated like a god as the rest of the squad were shit scared of him. 

His ex Southampton team mate Perry Groves told a great wee story in his book , about how Terry and some of his "family" dealt with a bit of off the park hassle that Terry received during his time there . Bags of " Tools " and pub doors being locked put an end to the problem ! :whistle:

Great story here from Iwan Roberts :lol:

I was on the receiving end of one of Terry’s crunching tackles midway through the first half he took me out through my midriff and I went down as if I’d been cut in half.

To be fair I wasn’t really that hurt and, as I was falling down, I lashed out with my right foot at Hurlock, something the ref didn’t see.

But what he did see was Terry reacting to what I’d done by stamping straight on my chest. As you can imagine all hell broke loose and there was a mass brawl with all 20 outfield players getting involved, well 19 as I was still rolling about in agony on the floor.

As you can gather after all the handbags were put away and everyone had calmed down the ref went straight into his pocket showed about six players the yellow card quickly followed by a red to Hurlock, who was still trying to get to me only to be stopped by his own players.

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/iwan-roberts-the-day-i-clashed-with-millwall-s-terry-hurlock-and-lived-to-tell-the-tale-1-5161884

Archived