Man Utd 0 Rangers 0

G.E.C.

This result sent Collymore in to meltdown.  I remember him on radio and social media the day after having a right go at Rangers for anti-football.  Many did say it’s a league format and a point away from home against United was a great result but he’s a bitter bastard.  

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Were we not the only team that season to keep them goalless at home? Or have I made that up?

First game in the group so wouldn't have heard it at the time, the stat I recall was (can't recall over how many years/seasons) there had only been 3 teams in Europe who kept a clean sheet at Old Trafford. AC Milan, Inter Milan and Glasgow Rangers.

I dare say your stat came true by seasons end.

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Mandela effect in full swing as I would have bet whatever amount that Hutton played in the 0-0 at Old Trafford.

I’m the same mate, genuinely can’t understand why I am  so sure he did but seems like he didn’t

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Mandela effect in full swing as I would have bet whatever amount that Hutton played in the 0-0 at Old Trafford.

I was 100% sure this was the game we chucked in that youth defender Darren Cole for his debut alongside Weir and Bougherra. Apparently it wasn't this game or the reverse fixture at Ibrox, it was against Bursaspor. Eh?

On 14/09/2020 at 14:49, .Williamson. said:

Mind it well

Seem to remember hearing at the time that Man Utd fans for the return leg slapped quite a few Rangers fans about up PRW

Edit: might be a different year I'm thinking of with the PRW incident. Was definitely an occasion with them waltzing up that road slapping people though 

Stopped at the services at Johnstonebridge on the way home.

Bus load of Utd fans came in and steamed the place!

Me & the lad were the only ones paying for anything😂

1 hour ago, WeeJacksonRFC said:

didn't Broadfoot break Antonio Valencias ankle! he was skinny came back looking like he did steroids and bulked. 

We were just above it & while Broadfoot was involved, it seemed as though Valencia caught his toe or studs in the turf, which did the damage.

United players were good about it, they all seemed to think it was an accident.

Can’t imagine anyone letting KB off that lightly these days😂

1 hour ago, HG5 said:

We were just above it & while Broadfoot was involved, it seemed as though Valencia caught his toe or studs in the turf, which did the damage.

United players were good about it, they all seemed to think it was an accident.

Can’t imagine anyone letting KB off that lightly these days😂

this is why years later im finally getting my glasses in 2 weeks lol Blind cunt 

Should have had a stonewall penalty near the end too to win it.

We never got the credit we deserved for that result. 

Usual cries of too defensive/anti-football levelled at us, yet a couple of years either side of that game when celtic went to Barcelona and lost narrowly 1-0 and 2-1 despite being dominated and played off the pitch, their performances were brave and bold and a credit to Scottish football. What's the difference? :confused:

Was also the last time I seen our man Manticore too before he passed. Was talking to him at half-time in the Old Trafford concourse. 

7 hours ago, simplythebest said:

Thing I remember about that night is although we were defending pretty much all game we were comfortable and they didn't really get any big chances 

Restricted them to Darron Gibson efforts from range, from memory.

Archived