***Official Hibernian vs Rangers Match Thread***

Clemdog

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

This is a “ big one “ for me .If we are going to get any problems .It will be from this lot 

The only positive right away .They won’t be defending at home .So hopefully be a great game to watch 

Will be weird to see another Scottish team actually attack against us, hopefully leaving plenty holes for Hagi to exploit.

10 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

Will be weird to see another Scottish team actually attack against us, hopefully leaving plenty holes for Hagi to exploit.

I’m hoping so .The games lately have been mostly dull as dishwater 

We need a test and we should be getting 2 in a row before the manky mob 

Hibs won’t be coming out until we score the first goal this time. We should’ve took about 6 off them last time at Easter Rd and beat them extremely comfortably. 

Obviously I hope they play the same way, but I doubt it. 

Hope we escape without any injuries from that horrible rat Porteous

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Hope we don’t choke when the tarriers pull level with us on points on Saturday. 

Our first test of the season

Aberdeen away now not classed as a test on matchday 1 when previously we've dropped plenty points there?

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

They played without a striker and had 0 shots on target. 

We dominated and dictated what we allowed them to do. We can only play whats in front of us and the sheep up there, with whatever team of Rangers haters playing, has always been a test. 

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Agreed but it was a canter imo, game only started to turn a wee bit in the last 15-20 minutes when they brought their subs on. 

Tbf we should treat them with the disdain they deserve and go up there looking to put 3 or 4 past them in the 1st half.

Hibs will be tough but again we should be looking to blow them away 1st half pretty much like the 3-0 we had last season.

Hibs have only conceded 3 goals in their first 7 games.  They've had 4 clean sheets.  I don't expect us to go up there and hammer them 4-0 because they're obviously confident right now.  As someone said above, 2 wins in 7 games at Easter Road since 2015 is a poor record.   I expect us to beat them but I don't think it'll be as one sided as some think. 

I think they are the team most likely to score against us apart from the filth this season.

If we end the match with a win and yet another record breaking clean sheet I will be happy.

I predict 3 nil to the famous with them hitting the woodwork twice and Defoe scoring a volley with his left foot in the 90th minute to finish his Hatrick. As a sub Tae.

Imo

3 hours ago, TMB said:

Hibs have only conceded 3 goals in their first 7 games.  They've had 4 clean sheets.  I don't expect us to go up there and hammer them 4-0 because they're obviously confident right now.  As someone said above, 2 wins in 7 games at Easter Road since 2015 is a poor record.   I expect us to beat them but I don't think it'll be as one sided as some think. 

Our record is bad but the no fans situation should help us in this game with some luck 

Archived