***Official Hibernian vs Rangers Match Thread***

Clemdog

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Professor_Chang said:

Biggest test of the season. Hibs are a decent team.  They'll unlikely park the bus which should suit us 

Would not be so sure about that. Ross is not stupid, he knows that he will be playing into our hands if he does not brick up his goal.  

12 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Tough test for us. Will see what they are made of if the filth pull level. Let’s see if we handle the pressure. Not holding out much hope. 

I don’t understand the pessimism mate. We should win this game comfortably and I’m confident that we will. 

13 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

I don’t understand the pessimism mate. We should win this game comfortably and I’m confident that we will. 

Team have consistently shown they have ability, but no bottle when the pressure is really on domestically. Time and time again we’ve blown it under Gerard.

This will be a far bigger test than Aberdeen.

• A team that has done well against us recently.
  • A team that hates us
  • A team that's playing pretty well and in good form
  • A team who will be desperate to break our clean sheet run

Having no fans there will definitely help, but it won't be easy. I suspect this will be the weekend we finally concede.. I wouldn't be surprised if this finishes something like 3-2 to us.

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

McLaughlin

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic

Davis Kamara

Roofe* Hagi Kent

Morelos

If Roofe isn't fit then Arfield, or Itten up front with Morelos wider. 

Morelos wider? Our main goal scoring threat further away from their goal? I just don't agree with that. Play your best players in their best positions. Isn't a game for square pegs in round holes. 

3 hours ago, Professor_Chang said:

Biggest test of the season. Hibs are a decent team.  They'll unlikely park the bus which should suit us 

1 hour ago, JackAlex93 said:

Hopefully they'll come and have a go at us. Thats when we are out or best going forward. Confident of a win. 

17 minutes ago, tm91 said:

If Hibs have a go at us I expect us to win. Unlike previous Rangers sides going into these games, we actually do better when teams attack us 

Every time a team had a go at us last season we shat it and dropped points, more so away from home. Tims (H), Hearts (A), Aberdeen (A) Hearts (A) Killie (A) St J (A)

We don't do well with teams having a go, similar to Saville Fc. 

56 minutes ago, Iakona said:

This will be a far bigger test than Aberdeen.

• A team that has done well against us recently.
  • A team that hates us
  • A team that's playing pretty well and in good form
  • A team who will be desperate to break our clean sheet run

Having no fans there will definitely help, but it won't be easy. I suspect this will be the weekend we finally concede.. I wouldn't be surprised if this finishes something like 3-2 to us.

while i dont think it will be easy hibs have not played any of the bigger teams so far  i think they are decent up front but not convinced about their defence  put porteuos under pressure and he will do something stupid

6 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Every time a team had a go at us last season we shat it and dropped points, more so away from home. Tims (H), Hearts (A), Aberdeen (A) Hearts (A) Killie (A) St J (A)

I suppose it depends how you define "having ago"

If it's physically getting in our faces and stopping us playing, we had a tendency to shite it.

But on the flipside if a team opens and tries to play football against us: "having ago",  we generally do pretty well. I.e Mhanks, European run and Dundee Utd last week. The latter gave us so much space to play in because of how high they were pressing at times.

42 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I meant teams that try and attack us with an open style of football looking for 3 points. The teams you mentioned have a go at us by kicking fuck out of us, playing a shocking brand of football and try break up the play with fouls. 

Archived