***Official Hibernian vs Rangers Match Thread***

Clemdog

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

I meant teams that try and attack us with an open style of football looking for 3 points. The teams you mentioned have a go at us by kicking fuck out of us, playing a shocking brand of football and try break up the play with fouls. 

But that isn't what those teams done. They had a go and got their goals. We were 2-0 up at Aberdeen before they had a go and we collapsed. 

2 hours ago, billscott said:

while i dont think it will be easy hibs have not played any of the bigger teams so far  i think they are decent up front but not convinced about their defence  put porteuos under pressure and he will do something stupid

Good post. Aa much as we 're worried about it being a test for us,its as much of a test for their defense. they've not come up against as good a team as ours yet. 

Win the midfield, win the game. Hibs were bossed in that area by Motherwell and Aberdeen at Easter Road and iirc it was pretty much 50/50 in midfield when they were lucky to win at Tannadice against a pretty poor side overall.

Porteous is prone to moments of recklessness bordering on madness at times. Decent player but a bomb-scare, easily capable of double yellow or straight red.

From what I saw of the sheep game, they were incapable of coming back after going behind.

So, get ahead early, boss the midfield, and it should be three points.

Archived