“We’ve seen this film before.”

CR3

I’d go out of Europe early against Galatasaray to fully focus on only winning this league, domestic cups secondary.

Today shows that even after playing a part-time team on Thursday we already might need all the help we can get on a Sunday in the league.

To be involved in the group stages was great for the club and I’m well aware the statement of wanting to be eliminated from European competition lacks ambition however not winning anything again due to the detriment of Europe or tiredness half-way through again is simply not acceptable this season and the warning signs are beginning to show this early. Call it prioritising.

Certain other things obviously go against as well, like awful semi-professional refereeing and injuries to key players but we can maybe do without these excursions and extra games this year, in my opinion as it’s absolutely imperative those cunts don’t win another. 

Might take the edge off not being in Europe the fact that we won't be able to go to the games @ Ibrox or away for that matter.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I don’t agree.  It’s the same conversation every summer.  ‘Let’s go out of Europe early and focus on domestic football’.  We can be successful on both fronts.  Rangers only dropped 7 points from the opening 18 league games last season, and reached the League Cup final, despite being in Europe.  Europe didn’t negatively effect us at all.  Europe earned Rangers over £10m which is far more than you get for winning things domestically.  This club needs that money.  

Wanting us to be knocked out of Europe is truly fucking bizarre.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

We can be successful on both fronts.  

Wanting us to be knocked out of Europe is truly fucking bizarre.

and recent years have gave you the confidence of this success on both fronts?

There was a point in second half where we had a ten minute spell where we had possession 20-25 yards from their goal.

Side to Side and then back and then to the side. Steve Davis and Kamara keeping possession.

i’ve seen that and individual defensive errors for 3 seasons now.

Anyone would take a domestic title over anything else. That has been priority no 1 since he came in yet hes failed time and time again. To make it worse he's never won one of the other 2 domestic cups either. 

It's not acceptable but sadly a chunk of our fan base are blinded by his player status. Strange as it is 

9 minutes ago, CR3 said:

and recent years have gave you the confidence of this success on both fronts?

Yes.  We've been great in Europe these last two seasons.  It's given the club a lot of money to reinvest in the playing squad.  We've improved dramatically domestically as well.  Before Gerrard came in we couldn't win an Old Firm game, reach a cup final, or even finish second in the league.  We've improved considerably under Gerrard.

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If we go out of Europe we won't be signing any players to improve the squad.

Like the Kent signing last year, I doubt we will get any players in before the deadline unless we are safely into the Group Stages.

With no experienced midfielders on the bench today shows we're a bit light in that department and I'd be disappointed if we didn't strengthen there irrespective of the EC . I think thats the reason we've offloaded Murphy and McCrorie .

You could be right for anything beyond that . Unless , of course , Morelos goes . 

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

If we go out of Europe we can't afford the kind of squad we have/need.

The same group thats not able to win a domestic trophy. 

So the European money has been a waste thus far. 

I would wager a half decent manager could win trophies with the squad we have. Trouble is we have been appointing rookies and gambles for years. 

Just now, The Godfather said:

So the Europeanoney has been a waste thus far. 

Yep correct, that group. Our wage and transfer outlay would have to go down.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

We won't win the league either being in the group stages or not.

My sentiments also.

The stuff just ain't there and no point moaning about refs as shit as they are.

The same players who are simply not good enough in ability and mentality and have let us down before, continue to be lauded. I can only say we are easily pleased.

Forget the league title 

Imagine throwing away a European campaign for a league on we were never going to win. We are losers. This squad isn't good enough. We are mentally weak with a manager who doesn't know what he is doing. No chance. I'd rather throw away the Gerrard experiment and go for all 4 trophies under a real football manager. 

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

So the European money has been a waste thus far. 

I would wager a half decent manager could win trophies with the squad we have. Trouble is we have been appointing rookies and gambles for years. 

Made the group stages to give Davis and Defoe new contracts, superb. 

Archived