Gerrard's record at Hibs, Hearts Aberdeen and Kilmarnock

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Neil Lennon is taking celtic backwards.  Under Brendan Rodgers they were a far superior team, with better players.  I can’t believe Lennon has moved away from the 4-2-3-1 to employ a 3-5-2.  The 3-5-2 was hugely successful for celtic back in the MON era but will it work as well against today’s tactics?  Probably not.  I’d rather be playing our brand of football than theirs.  

You're fucking deluded.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

celtic record over same period

Hibs - played 6 won 0

Hearts- Played 6 won 5

Killie- Played 6 won 2

Livi - Played 3 won 0

Forget aberdeen we know what happens there!

But not much difference there tbh!

celtic have won 2 of 4 at Killie since Gerrard’s been here.

Canny forget Aberdeen though because that’s not the argument.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

How many trophies has he won since taking the job? 

He was handed a winning team while Rangers were a fucking mess thanks to years of ineptitude from McCoist, Warburton, Pedro, and Murty.

If Gerrard took over from Rodgers he’d have won things with them.  You need to remember the starting point Gerrard had compared to Lennon.  Gerrard has been playing catch-up since the day he walked in.

12 minutes ago, TMB said:

I don’t care.  We have the best defense in Scotland.  You think celtic’s is better?  Even their own fans will tell you they’re a calamity at the back.  We have a better keeper, better CBs, and far superior full-backs.

And they're finishing teams off.

Our defense is good when it when turns up.

McLaughlin has been very good.

They however win when they're shite, mostly.

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

He was handed a winning team while Rangers were a fucking mess thanks to years of ineptitude from McCoist, Warburton, Pedro, and Murty.

If Gerrard took over from Rodgers he’d have won things with them.  You need to remember the starting point Gerrard had compared to Lennon.  Gerrard has been playing catch-up since the day he walked in.

Can you not answer a simple question naw? 

9 minutes ago, TMB said:

Neil Lennon is taking celtic backwards.  Under Brendan Rodgers they were a far superior team, with better players.  I can’t believe Lennon has moved away from the 4-2-3-1 to employ a 3-5-2.  The 3-5-2 was hugely successful for celtic back in the MON era but will it work as well against today’s tactics?  Probably not.  I’d rather be playing our brand of football than theirs.  

Since Lennon moved to 3-5-2 they’ve not lost a domestic game and have a identical GD with less games played.

Got to be at it.

8 minutes ago, TMB said:

Well they switched to 3-5-2 after we humped them at their midden at New Year and only dropped points to Livingston before covid shut down the league so I wouldn't get to caught up in what formation they play.

We need to consistantly beat the dross and we can't keep relying on getting the better of them in old firms.

They have regressed under Lennon in terms of general quality of performance but he knows how to grind out results in this league against the jobbers and if anything they seem to be a bit more consistent domestically under him than Brenda.

We've still been unable to put them under sustained pressure though and keep blowing any chance we have to do so.

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Can you not answer a simple question naw? 

I thought I did.  Given the vastly uneven starting point it comes as no surprise Lennon has won things with celtic.  I didn't expect Rangers to win anything during Gerrard's first season, none of us did.  In fact, during Gerrard's first season his mandate was to be more competitive during the Old Firms and finish at least 2nd in the league which he delivered.  Over and above that, we even qualified for the Europa group stages which was a shock to us all given how poor we had been for years.

As I said before, the gap has now closed to such an extend that both teams are evenly matched.  We can win this league.

1 minute ago, teddybear1975 said:

Well they switched to 3-5-2 after we humped them at their midden at New Year and only dropped points to Livingston before covid shut down the league so I wouldn't get to caught up in what formation they play.

We need to consistantly beat the dross and we can't keep relying on getting the better of them in old firms.

Does the evidence this season not suggest we are doing that, the whole melt down the world analysis since yesterday from some (not you by the way or your post) is pretty tedious. 

8 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Since Lennon moved to 3-5-2 they’ve not lost a domestic game and have a identical GD with less games played.

Got to be at it.

There's a reason teams moved away from the 3-5-2.  There' a reason the best teams in Europe use 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 counter pressing systems.  Our system is superior to theirs.

I get celtic are winning games domestically.  Given the gulf in quality between the Old Firm teams and everyone else that'll happen.  Remember, the last time we went to Parkhead we beat celtic.  It was the second time in a few short weeks that we had dominated them on the pitch.  Lennon and Brown publicly acknowledged that which then prompted their formation change.

7 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Lennon is pish in Europe but gets it right domestically.

Gerrards the other way round 

Europe is a different ball game, you never really get teams sitting in to any degree and that makes it easier. More than that though is there aint the same pressure, its a free hit. We are probably expected to lose a lot of these games and the weight of expectation that seems to weigh our weak players down isnt there. Put expectation,i.e pressure, on them and they will generallly fuck it up.

6 minutes ago, TMB said:

I thought I did.  Given the vastly uneven starting point it comes as no surprise Lennon has won things with celtic.  I didn't expect Rangers to win anything during Gerrard's first season, none of us did.  In fact, during Gerrard's first season his mandate was to be more competitive during the Old Firms and finish at least 2nd in the league which he delivered.  Over and above that, we even qualified for the Europa group stages which was a shock to us all given how poor we had been for years.

As I said before, the gap has now closed to such an extend that both teams are evenly matched.  We can win this league.

How many trophies has Lennon won since he took over? 

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

We’ve dropped points from winning positions 12 times under Gerrard. Only one less than Smith’s entire second spell at the club in roughly half the games 

Traditionally when Rangers or celtic go in front the wee teams (ie everybody else) think “oh fuck, here they come smelling blood” and revert to damage limitation mode expecting to be pounded.

But the way we play (all patient and pretty) gives them time to brace themselves and ride it out before pushing for an equaliser which our officials are only too happy to facilitate.

If there is one thing I would change in our team it would be to re-install a killer instinct.

When we go 2-1 up, we should thinking “at least 4-1 or 5–1” not worrying about hanging on.

Right now, that is the biggest difference between us and the scum.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

How many trophies has Lennon won since he took over? 

I honestly don't know.  I think Brendan Rodgers did most of the work for him during that first season.  When Lennon took over they already had the League Cup and a significant points advantage.  Lennon himself said he wasn't there to disrupt anything and was going to let the staff take the lead and see out the season which he did.  Then last season a refereeing error gifts them the League Cup final before COVID gets the league abandoned.

Look, Lennon isn't a top manager.  He's no tactical mastermind.  He failed at Bolton, Hibs, and it looks like he's lost the dressing room at Parkhead given his comments after their Champions League exit.  celtic have regressed with him in charge and I expect that to continue.

I firmly believe we have a better manager than them.

Archived