Gerrard's record at Hibs, Hearts Aberdeen and Kilmarnock

1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

When we go 2-1 up, we should thinking “at least 4-1 or 5–1” not worrying about hanging on.

Right now, that is the biggest difference between us and the scum.

Lennon throws everything forward and looks to outscore the opponents.  He's always done that.  During his first spell in charge of celtic he has Izaguirre looking like Roberto Carlos.  Both their full-backs were just bombing forward constantly.  All that attacking, combined with a superior playing squad, will allow them to outscore and overcome most of the SPFL games they play.  His team is far more direct than it was under Rodgers.  But, they'll be weaker defensivley because of it and hopefully it costs them points over the course of the season.  Their defense now is the weakest is has been in many years.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Does the evidence this season not suggest we are doing that, the whole melt down the world analysis since yesterday from some (not you by the way or your post) is pretty tedious. 

I can see progress year on year but at times can see the inexperience from the management resulting in still dropping silly points. Mentality and game management still suspect for me.

7 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Traditionally when Rangers or celtic go in front the wee teams (ie everybody else) think “oh fuck, here they come smelling blood” and revert to damage limitation mode expecting to be pounded.

But the way we play (all patient and pretty) gives them time to brace themselves and ride it out before pushing for an equaliser which our officials are only too happy to facilitate.

If there is one thing I would change in our team it would be to re-install a killer instinct.

When we go 2-1 up, we should thinking “at least 4-1 or 5–1” not worrying about hanging on.

Right now, that is the biggest difference between us and the scum.

I am not convinced we play a style of play that lets teams back in, the general style creates openings that should lead to 4 or 5-1 wins. 

it isn't that over the top to say we could have scored about 15 goals over the course of two of our most recent visits to Easter Road, yesterday and Christmas last year. 

We haven't just sat in during either and let them back in, we have wasted  load of chances to let that happen. 

1 minute ago, teddybear1975 said:

I can see progress year on year but at times can see the inexperience from the management resulting in still dropping silly points. Mentality and game management still suspect for me.

But that just comes with a league season, when have we ever had a manager who didn't drop points? 

It's a swayed post to create negativity when there is no mention of how many we actually lost. Not to mention some terrible decisions at Pittodrie and yesterday for example.

The two Hearts games were Gerrard's lowest points in his time here.

Do people really expect us to win every game in order to win the league?

Just now, bluenoz said:

It's a swayed post to create negativity when there is no mention of how many we actually lost. Not to mention some terrible decisions at Pittodrie and yesterday for example.

'Swayed'?

It's factually correct.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

2 Leagues 

1 League cup

1 Scottish cup

Gerrard has won nothing. 

So you're giving Lennon credit for a league title Brendan Rodgers had pretty much wrapped up before he walked out on them?  That's nice of you.

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

But that just comes with a league season, when have we ever had a manager who didn't drop points? 

I get that mate. I just think in recent seasons the dropped points have been few and far between to enable them to win the title. Previous league winning managers for us have shipped more points than we will be able to get away with to win titles.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

At this point it seems many on here are desperate for Gerrard and his backroom staff to be sacked.  But, who comes in?  We struggled to find a manager before has that now changed?  If it has changed isn't that down to the stability, improvement in the playing squad, and European results Gerrard has brought us?  Just when we've closed the gap in squad quality and the two Old Firm teams look as even as they have done in about a decade we've to can the manager and start all over again.  Bizarre. 

Archived