Gerrard Poll

BridgeIsBlue

Gerrard Poll  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Happy with things up until now?

2. 2. Has he done enough since the summer of 2018?

3. 3. When should he be sacked?

• Failure to qualify for EL
    • Fail to win the League Cup
    • League Championship
    • Scottish Cup
    • Sometime next season
  4. 4. Does 10 in a row matter to you?

5. 5. What age are you?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/20 at 17:00

4 minutes ago, a_staunch_prod said:

McLeish was a shite manager. The worst football I've ever seen was under McLeish. And he never won fuck all - every trophy he 'won' was gifted to him because other teams fucked up.

If you think Gerrard is a shite manager, you know nowt about football. We will never get a better one for the foreseeable and idiots like you want him gone. Jesus.  I despair.

And your Q3 doesn't even make sense.

tenor.gif.6caa927d32fc65693f6a0c7fce5de01b.gif

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, a_staunch_prod said:

McLeish was a shite manager. The worst football I've ever seen was under McLeish. And he never won fuck all - every trophy he 'won' was gifted to him because other teams fucked up.

If you think Gerrard is a shite manager, you know nowt about football. We will never get a better one for the foreseeable and idiots like you want him gone. Jesus.  I despair.

Hahah I take it you were in a coma in the 2002/03 season.

9 minutes ago, a_staunch_prod said:

Liverpool fan.

12 minutes ago, a_staunch_prod said:

McLeish as manager gave most fans on here some great days winning trophies and personally the quality of the football did not matter to most of us either.

SG might turn out to be a good manager but at the moment he cannot be classed in the same category as 'Big Eck' someone who all Rangers fans should be grateful to. 

The poll's a decent attempt but it's far too flawed.

Right from the offset with question 1, the answer to 'Happy with things up to now' can be 'no' whilst still fully believing Gerrard is undisputedly the right man for the job.

Side note but can't believe so many don't give a fuck about 10 in a row. Stopping it is everything.

1 hour ago, a_staunch_prod said:

Poll is a joke. Gerrard is the best thing that has happened to us this decade.

Who would you rather have? McLeish? McCoist? 

23 minutes ago, a_staunch_prod said:

Away you tae fuck man :lol: 

Won a treble, won one of our best ever leagues while winning another cup that season, won two cups in his first season when the league was finished. Last 16 of the CL as well.

Gerrard’s done fuck all as a manager.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Won a treble, won one of our best ever leagues while winning another cup that season, won two cups in his first season when the league was finished. Last 16 of the CL as well.

👏

I think he is far too staunch mate. :pipe:

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Up against arguably the best tarrier side of my lifetime anyway as well. 

15 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Right from the offset with question 1, the answer to 'Happy with things up to now' can be 'no' whilst still fully believing Gerrard is undisputedly the right man for the job.

Side note but can't believe so many don't give a fuck about 10 in a row. Stopping it is everything.

Another flawed question imo. I care about it from the point of view that if they win it, it means we didn't win the league this year. The fact it would be 10* though genuinely means fuck all to me.

10 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Doesn't seem to be an option to edit your own posts now but that first question is basically inferring anyone who believes Gerrard is the right man for the job must be happy with failure and accepting second best.

No nuance or context whatsoever.

No looking at the mess we were in before he arrived, the calibre of manager we were turned down by (not just McInnes but if jakey Clarke too if he's to be believed), how big the gap was between us and the fenians where we've gone from being humped 4-0 and 5-0, the beyond excellent work in Europe that has brought £millions to the club etc. etc.

There's still a financial disparity between us and them, so until that's overturned they're inevitably going to go into most seasons as the favourites. Gerrard can lead us to beating them but it's a fucking tough job he has, which they "we're Rangers, where have our standards gone we must win every trophy" crew can't seem to accept.

I’m in the majority for all options it seems.

But I don’t think he’ll get sacked this season regardless. Even if we end up trophyless the board will keep him, it has that feel to it. Add to that they’ve backed him and given him a lot of power/influence over the set up.

When he goes he will walk. It will be for a mid table club in England when he realizes he can’t take us where we need to be and jumps to protect his reputation.

Screaming into the camera at the piggery aside for one moment, he has no real loyalty to us when it comes down to it. His antics after the defeat at Tynecastle showed me that.

1 hour ago, a_staunch_prod said:

McLeish won 7 trophies as our manager and he had to sell more players than he bought in cash terms.   Approx £33m sold with only £17m spent in his 4.5 seasons.   We've had a lot worse managers than McLeish.

28 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Doesn't seem to be an option to edit your own posts now but that first question is basically inferring anyone who believes Gerrard is the right man for the job must be happy with failure and accepting second best.

No nuance or context whatsoever.

No looking at the mess we were in before he arrived, the calibre of manager we were turned down by (not just McInnes but if jakey Clarke too if he's to be believed), how big the gap was between us and the fenians where we've gone from being humped 4-0 and 5-0, the beyond excellent work in Europe that has brought £millions to the club etc. etc.

There's still a financial disparity between us and them, so until that's overturned they're inevitably going to go into most seasons as the favourites. Gerrard can lead us to beating them but it's a fucking tough job he has, which they "we're Rangers, where have our standards gone we must win every trophy" crew can't seem to accept.

Exactly. Gerrard has got us to within a inch of those cunts, when we were a million miles away before he came. This year he will win us the league. Guaranteed.

2 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

McLeish won 7 trophies as our manager and he had to sell more players than he bought in cash terms.   Approx £33m sold with only £17m spent in his 4.5 seasons.   We've had a lot worse managers than McLeish.

Yeah, we have had much worse. But fuck me, by the end of McLeish it was barely football we were playing. It was hard to watch.

1 minute ago, a_staunch_prod said:

Exactly. Gerrard has got us to within a inch of those cunts, when we were a million miles away before he came. This year he will win us the league. Guaranteed.

12 points behind them - 17/18

9 points - 18/19

13 (game in hand, and in free fall) - 19/20

Not exactly "a million miles away" is it? 

Complete joke of a thread.

Question: Are we on a better position now than we have been for the best part of a decade?  

Yes/No.

Gerrard is not perfect and the team has failed completely in letting in two goals against Hibs to draw and also failing to beat Livi.  How we got past Gibraltar Imps is beyond me.

But, on reflection,  we really are shite and there can be no excuses.

Can’t believe how lucky we are to have not racked up two or three defeats already this season.   We spent £5M on Kent who is utter shite.  Be lucky to get £1M for him now.   Who is that tosser at left back?  Clueless, get rid asap if we can get anything for him.  And there is Aribo.  Hopeless, gone backwards since he came to us.  And as for that time waster Hagi, dear oh dear.  And what about the keeper?  Shagger is all shagged out and that new keeper let two in against Hibs, yes Hibs who are completely clueless.  As for that new striker Roof or is it Roofffee or Roffee?   So shite we can’t even be bothered to get his name right on his shirt. 

Gerrard our now!

52 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Only if you give a fuck about what those cunts say or think.

Archived