Kaka: "I'm Milan for life"

A new contract is ready to tie him to Milan until 2012 and Kaka admits he’s happy to be a Rossonero “for life.â€

As Real Madrid continue to maintain that within the next two seasons the Brazilian will join them, Milan are making a contingency plan by drawing up a new contract.

“Will I stay a Rossonero for life? It depends on President Silvio Berlusconi and if he says he wants to keep me forever, then I believe him,†Kaka told Sky Italia television. “Besides, we’ve already had a meeting about this.â€

According to Spanish newspaper ‘Mundo Deportivo’, the club has prepared a contract worth £4m per season until 2012.

The rest of the media in Spain has been playing on the fact Kaka accidentally got on the Real Madrid team bus when the two teams arrived in Moscow for the Russian Railways Cup.

“It wasn’t just me, the entire team got on that bus,†pointed out the player. “Carlo Ancelotti made a joke about me being so eager to be part of the Real group. At this stage, the whole Real Madrid issue has become one big joke.â€

Kaka objectively has little reason to go to Madrid, as with Milan he has won the Champions League, been top scorer in the competition with 10 goals and is the favourite to win the Ballon d’Or.

“This success helped me a great deal. It’s all well and good to be a talented player, but with silverware everyone has to acknowledge I am a winner. In five years here I have won everything.

“I am working to do my best now and in the future. If the Ballon d’Or and FIFA World Player award arrive, then it will only depend on what I do with Milan. Up until now we’ve done brilliantly well. Now my next target is the World Club Cup – it has extra special meaning for us Brazilians.â€

The Rossoneri will fly to Tokyo in December for that tournament, once called the Intercontinental Cup, but new teammate Alexandre Pato will only be able to play competitive games from January 2008.

“He is a little different to me in the way he plays, as he is an out and out striker whereas I am a Trequartista,†commented Kaka of the teenage talent.

“He is a great player and comes from a good family environment. I think he could become a true champion.â€

£4M a year? That's not that much for the world's best player tbh. But I am very happy we're looking like keeping him forever.

£80,000 p/w.... that would keep the rain out!

£4M a year? That's not that much for the world's best player tbh. But I am very happy we're looking like keeping him forever.

Yup, but when you consider Keiron Dyer on 70, and Michael Ballack on 120...

Yup, but when you consider Keiron Dyer on 70, and Michael Ballack on 120...

Yeah, I suppose with todays rate it's not bad.

Kaka objectively has little reason to go to Madrid, as with Milan he has won the Champions League, been top scorer in the competition with 10 goals and is the favourite to win the Ballon d’Or.

Well, most of the world rate La Liga as the best league, and Real actually won that league and will be serious contenders to retain this year.

Well, most of the world rate La Liga as the best league, and Real actually won that league and will be serious contenders to retain this year.

winning the champions league is better than winning any league :cool: