Sunderland sign Gordon for £9mil

J_RFC87

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ian/6932931.stm

Scotland goalkeeper Craig Gordon has agreed terms with Sunderland and a £9m transfer from Hearts will be completed on Wednesday, BBC Sport believes.

The 24-year-old had been expected to hold talks with Aston Villa before making his choice.

But Gordon has agreed a five-year contract to join Roy Keane's side after undergoing a medical.

It is understood that Sunderland will pay an initial £7m, plus £2m in future payments depending on performances.

:craphead:

woulda prefered him to go to one of the better clubs than a newly promoted club but if they can keep up the winning mentality which clubs like wigan/reading have had when they have come up then he might impress in his first season

As a £9million player, I'd be interested in seeing his weekly wage!

Never thought of that.

I think its a great signing for Sunderland. They havent spent any money on improving their outbound players, so why not buy the best keeper around?

Although I would have prefered him to go to a bigger club.

Britiains most expensive keeper ever is Scottish :craphead:

Never thought of that.

I think its a great signing for Sunderland. They havent spent any money on improving their outbound players, so why not buy the best keeper around?

:craphead:

Never thought of that.

True but he's also not actually WORTH £9M.

McGregor isn't far off Craig Gordon (totally outperformed him last season actually), so if Gordon is worth £9m, how much is big Al worth?

I would disagree. McGregors ability to come for crosses is poor and his presence isn't as intimadating as Gordons.

McGregor would be lucky if he was worth £3 million.

McGregor isn't far off Craig Gordon (totally outperformed him last season actually), so if Gordon is worth £9m, how much is big Al worth?

I would disagree. McGregors ability to come for crosses is poor and his presence isn't as intimadating as Gordons.

McGregor would be lucky if he was worth £3 million.

He makes the occasional mistake, but he hardly ever costs us a goal. Unlike Gordon, who gave Celtic 6 points last season with 2 shots that I could have held.

I would agree with you there.

Al's ability to take crosses isn't as good as Gordon's but he has better distribution and Gordon's organisational skills aren't that great either!

big al doesnt have as many caps as gordon but then you could say al has played in bigger occasions than gordon

al hasnt played in bigger occasions than gordon. gordon has played for his country against teams like france and italy and performed well.