***Andy Murray US Open thread***

yeh good win for murray. he seems a lot more confident with his forehand now than he did against baghdatis a few weeks ago., he is getting more power on his shots and as he got into the match he became more comfortable and eased to the win. its likely he'll face bjorkman in the next round and if he gets past him, its likely he'll face 14th seed canas and that will be his first real test.

He won't get further than the 3rd round

if he can get even more confidence in his forehand then he has the ability to push canas all the way(providing it is canas he faces). as henman said, before murrays injury he was playing top 5 tennis, its now all about him regaining that. so if he does surpass expectations and get beyond the 3rd round then he would see this grand slam as a huge success.

Bjorkman will be a huge test for Murray this early into his comeback, personally I think he should just scrape this one before eventually falling in the fourth to Davydenko, same as last year I think!!!

Geez. He should be breezing past Bjorkman who's about 85 years old (don't quote me on that) if he wants to have any chance of winning.

bjorkman is still a good player and he has won 9 grand slam doubles titles. some of his returns of serves have been outstanding, federer couldnt have stopped these. and dont forget this only murrays 5th match in 3 months so hes doing well.

thats murray just went 5-1 up in the final set. hes heading for the 3rd round :classier_than_pipeguy: