Does anyone feel sorry for PLG?

cooper1989

This isnt the first time he has tried to take control of a team, which in other occassions spelt the end for the Manager ie Berti Vogts and Alex McLeish.

Where exactly is the proof for this allegation?

From whatever I have heard about the Relationship between Barry and Eck it has been nothing but friendly. I think Eck leaving Gers was more to do with the poor results in the SPL.

As for Barry getting Berti Vogts the sack, well I have to say that that is just rediculous IMO, again I think it was the same reason as most managers get sacked for poor results, can you honestly say the you would be happy to have Berti still incharge of scotland and not have Barry in the team? as we certainly wouldn't be in the position we are in just now.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RangersAndBalloch
I'm backing Barry 1000000% in this. But... I have to say I feel a bit for PLG. He's doing what he believes to be correct -- even if he's dead wrong. At least he has the guts to follow his own thinking. And I truly respect that.

If he's shown the door (which I doubt), then he'll be fine. Just a bad experience that's all.

But, I do feel a bit for the guy. Can't be easy being in his shoes at the moment.

Not a bit of it.

I'm backing Barry 1000000% in this. But... I have to say I feel a bit for PLG. He's doing what he believes to be correct -- even if he's dead wrong. At least he has the guts to follow his own thinking. And I truly respect that.

If he's shown the door (which I doubt), then he'll be fine. Just a bad experience that's all.

But, I do feel a bit for the guy. Can't be easy being in his shoes at the moment.

I find it impossible to feel sorry for arrogant people when they f#ck-up. (td) (wve)

He's a guy that sticks to his beliefs.  I don't happen to think he;s got it right on this one.  But I DO respect the fact that he at least does that. 

(I'll get back to slagging him in a sec.) lol

hitler stuck to his beliefs, they were wrong, please tell me you don't respect him

wtf does Hitler have to do with this? We're talking about a Football manager ffs.

He's a guy that sticks to his beliefs.? I don't happen to think he;s got it right on this one.? But I DO respect the fact that he at least does that.?

hitler stuck to his beliefs, they were wrong, please tell me you don't respect him

wtf does Hitler have to do with this? We're talking about a Football manager ffs.

i know man bad choice of comparison

He's a guy that sticks to his beliefs.? I don't happen to think he;s got it right on this one.? But I DO respect the fact that he at least does that.?

i know man bad choice of comparison

Great comparison Smeltic,Hitler probably new as much about Scottish Fitba,as "The

French Flop" :lol: (wve)

personally, i dont see why everyone (or the majority) seems to blindly believe Barry can have done no wrong. no denying he is class, and bleeds blue, but, if he doesnt do what he is told, then, pay the price, thats why bosses are there. the argument that he has been our best player is fair enough, but, true, he has been great, but why has the team gone downhill? you cant blame PLG if his main man refuses to do what he tells him. The whole thing is a fucking mess, butBaz needs to do what the bss says, if PLG fails, Baz will have been right, but if not, and PLG has it dow, then, Baz will be alon fo the ride and we will all be winners

Anywa, am off to bed, il see you guys tomorrow

Love you all, even fish! x

personally, i dont see why everyone (or the majority) seems to blindly believe Barry can have done no wrong. no denying he is class, and bleeds blue, but, if he doesnt do what he is told, then, pay the price, thats why bosses are there. the argument that he has been our best player is fair enough, but, true, he has been great, but why has the team gone downhill? you cant blame PLG if his main man refuses to do what he tells him. The whole thing is a fucking mess, butBaz needs to do what the bss says, if PLG fails, Baz will have been right, but if not, and PLG has it dow, then, Baz will be alon fo the ride and we will all be winners

Agreed. And at the end of the day we won 1-0, whereas in our 2 previous games with Barry we've drawn and lost. We didn't play amazing to win against Motherwell or anything, but we still won, and we didn't play amazing with Barry either.

I'm not saying Barry should go since he's a good player, but he should be stripped of captaincy so he can focus on his own game instead of everyone elses.

Agreed. And at the end of the day we won 1-0, whereas in our 2 previous games with Barry we've drawn and lost. We didn't play amazing to win against Motherwell or anything, but we still won, and we didn't play amazing with Barry either.

I'm not saying Barry should go since he's a good player, but he should be stripped of captaincy so he can focus on his own game instead of everyone elses.

On Real Radio tonight a point was made that from Baz came back the Gers Dressing room has not been a happy one.He can play-no doubt about it but I think some comments about too much influence & trouble makermay be more truthfull than not.A good situation would be all sitting round a table, BF eating humble pie & doing what PLG wants him to do.

you cant blame PLG if his main man refuses to do what he tells him. The whole thing is a fucking mess, butBaz needs to do what the bss says, if PLG fails, Baz will have been right, but if not, and PLG has it dow, then, Baz will be alon fo the ride and we will all be winners

PLG deserves his chance. If players have been sabotaging what he wants to do then they should stop. Even if they are our best player. Barry is not necessarily going to be right on how to encourage the team or deal with disputes or even on tactics.

Sure BF is more passionate than anyone except Prso and loves the club. But I don't accept that he should overrule the manager.

Give PLG his time to make the team play his way. If he is wrong then he'll be gone in short order and rightly. If he's right, well fantastic. and hopefully BF will be there as part of it.

It looks like the fans are split over Le Guen and Fergie. I have to be honest and admit that Im on the side of the manager regardless of the intricasies. The manager as PLG himself said is the BOSS. He decides what happens, no-one else. If after a certain period his methods/tactics whatever fail to produce results then he goes, simple as that. No one is bigger than the club.

think 17 points off top spot confirms his tactics do not work (header)

Only if you assume that the team has been playing to his tactics.

if on the other hand BF has been doing his own thing as is claimed and has been ignoring PLG's tactics, you can hardly blame PLG alone for the results.

Your'e being too kind CG.I've got to agree with Minstral,his signings have been rubbish,and the tactics he has tried to implement in the SPL.has been a total disaster.Bottom line, he's not the brightest guy who's managed our team,where-as

Barry is definately our best player. (tu)

No - His troubles are SELF INFLICTED.

Did not come and watch the SPL

Did not scout players in the SPL

Spent most of his money on DUDS from A Vienna.

Not one OUTSTANDING signing - most pathetic.

Tactics have been poor.

Man-management poor

Selections poor

Results poor

Record speaks for itself.

:unsure:

It looks like the fans are split over Le Guen and Fergie. I have to be honest and admit that Im on the side of the manager regardless of the intricasies. The manager as PLG himself said is the BOSS. He decides what happens, no-one else. If after a certain period his methods/tactics whatever fail to produce results then he goes, simple as that. No one is bigger than the club.

think 17 points off top spot confirms his tactics do not work (header)

Only if you assume that the team has been playing to his tactics.

if on the other hand BF has been doing his own thing as is claimed and has been ignoring PLG's tactics, you can hardly blame PLG alone for the results.

Your'e being too kind CG.I've got to agree with Minstral,his signings have been rubbish,and the tactics he has tried to implement in the SPL.has been a total disaster.Bottom line, he's not the brightest guy who's managed our team,where-as

Barry is definately our best player. (tu)

Whatever else people say about PLG, there is one thing that I cannot possibly understand.

When I looked at the team at the end of last year, I was looking at it like the start of the Souness era. Now, that time too we saw some bad signings (Colin West anyone?) but most importantly we saw the arrival of Butcher, Woods and Roberts. Later followed by Butch Wilkins, Trevor Francis and others.

What happened this time? Boys and unproven signings. We didn't have to break the bank. But rather than 8 largely untried boys to join a team of boys who had obviously just been crushed in the SPL race we needed leaders and veterans to give us some heart.

And that to me is what defines PLG's tenure so far.