Here's a wee analogy.

polar bear

We got a new supervisor at our company a few years back,this guy came from Poland,(nothing against poles) his english wasn't too good,and his way of doing things

was different, to say the least.

I'm handed the blue prints and told,this is the way I want it done,I say fine,and go out and tell the guys,do it the way we always do it.

well to cut a long story short,it turned out,after a lot of meetings in the owners office,this guy was let go,and my guys were comended for a job well done.This guy came highly recommended,but he was out of his "league".

We got a new supervisor at our company a few years back,this guy came from Poland,(nothing against poles) his english wasn't too good,and his way of doing things

I'm handed the blue prints and told,this is the way I want it done,I say fine,and go out and tell the guys,do it the way we always do it.

well to cut a long story short,it turned out,after a lot of meetings in the owners office,this guy was let go,and my guys were comended for a job well done.This guy came highly recommended,but he was out of his "league".

Was his name Paul Le Guenski?

Was his name Paul Le Guenski?

Close, but no cigar. :lol:

Bloody Poles!!! :lol:

The difference I see hear tho is that DM has put himself in the spotlight by bringing PLG in with a massive amount of publicity and spoken of how excited he was about the new man coming in. the expectations of thousands(if not millions) were placed on PLG.

I can see what you are saying tho PB, it's just this is such a high profile situation, that I think DM will back his man for at least a further 12 months.

my aren't you the clever one !!!!

The difference I see hear tho is that DM has put himself in the spotlight by bringing PLG in with a massive amount of publicity and spoken of how excited he was about the new man coming in. the expectations of thousands(if not millions) were placed on PLG.

I can see what you are saying tho PB, it's just this is such a high profile situation, that I think DM will back his man for at least a further 12 months.

Your'e probably right Whytes,just thought I would point out that all of us at some point run into a similar scenerio,and nine times out of ten say,"that guy is wrong" I'm going to do it my way,and nine times out of ten your right. (tu)

my aren't you the clever one !!!!

How did you ever manage to become an advanced member? doh

serious question.

Your'e probably right Whytes,just thought I would point out that all of us at some point run into a similar scenerio,and nine times out of ten say,"that guy is wrong" I'm going to do it my way,and nine times out of ten your right. (tu)

Can't believe you are not the CEO of your company -

So if you told them to do it your way how do you know his way would not have brought better results ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? I'm handed the blue prints and told,this is the way I want it done,I say fine,and go out and tell the guys,do it the way we always do it.

So if you told them to do it your way how do you know his way would not have brought better results ?

I take it you have never disagreed with anyone telling you to do something that

you know is totally wrong then? especially some new guy, that you barely know

what the f#ck he is on about? :rolleyes:

so you think it is in someway admirable that your company appoints a new manager, who implements a new system, but you refuse to even try it and undermine what he has suggested because you thi nk you know better.

Sorry, but I would hate to have you as an employee, but I can see how you would back Ferguson.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? I'm handed the blue prints and told,this is the way I want it done,I say fine,and go out and tell the guys,do it the way we always do it.

so you think it is in someway admirable that your company appoints a new manager, who implements a new system, but you refuse to even try it and undermine what he has suggested because you thi nk you know better.

Sorry, but I would hate to have you as an employee, but I can see how you would back Ferguson.

I did say "I'll cut a long story short" Alba.of course we tried to implement his strategy,but it became obvious very early on, it was never going to work in our

particular company.Take it for what it is worth,it's not a "I'm better than you thing"

it's just an analogy,and I'm sure if you think hard enough,you have had something similar happen to yourself. :unsure:

If only you had told this story to DM a while ago all this angst could have been avoided :rolleyes: . Seriously though, I'm beginning to realise why Wenger has cut the British influence at Arsenal to an absolute minimum, the British and French footballing cultures really are like chalk and cheese and don't mix well without a lot of effort on both sides <kizz> .

That is what is going on. A form of Football 'culture' shock obviously.