***France vs Scotland match thread***

Poetry_In_Blue

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed there was a rugby game on the pitch the other day which should help us imo ,

I think we could actually snatch somthing - which would be so frikin amazin :)

Anyhow uz have made us Proud so far Scotland ;) Just try ur best ladz thats all we ask

We need luck - as we could play to our best and get humped if we have no luck.

C'mon Scotland!

Guest orangpendek

gordon

hutton

mceveley

mcmanus

weir

ferguson

fletcher

brown

hartley

mcfadden

mcculloch

4-4-1-1 with mcculloch the front man, mcfadden in the old inside right position, only deeper, fletcher right mid. lets us sit in big time but also we might be able to get up the pitch occassionally. big lee has his faults, but he can hold the ball up, and hopefully brown and mcfadden can use their speed to get up with him.

gordon

hutton

mceveley

mcmanus

weir

ferguson

fletcher

brown

hartley

mcfadden

mcculloch

4-4-1-1 with mcculloch the front man, mcfadden in the old inside right position, only deeper, fletcher right mid. lets us sit in big time but also we might be able to get up the pitch occassionally. big lee has his faults, but he can hold the ball up, and hopefully brown and mcfadden can use their speed to get up with him.

Good call, I don't think you'll be far wrong with this squad selection.

The french coming out with the excuses already, blaming the pitch because of the rugby. a very aerial game will have to be played now though so players like mcculloch and o connor may play.

I can see boyd dropping out with barry coming in

Gordon

Hutton Weir Mcmanus Mcevely

Teale Fletcher Ferguson Brown Mcculloch

O Connor

could maybe see teale drop out and mcculoch shift onto the right and mcfadden or maloney coming in

IMO Boyd should be playing, in a game where we are likely to get very few chances , we need someone who is going to take whatever chance we get.

It cost us v Italy playing that clown Miller when we got our chance it fell to that clown who scuffed it

I wouldn't start Boyd, need somebody who will run about abit more and close them down, McFadden shouldn't start either as he'll get sent off. So i'd go for:

------------ Gordon --------------

Hutton Weir McManus McEveley

------------ Caldwell -------------

Brown Fletcher Ferguson Robson

----------- O'Connor -------------

Then bring Boyd, McFadden and Maloney on as the game dictates. Robson might be a surprise, but he's did more in the half an hour he's played than McCulloch has ever done for Scotland. He might have proved me wrong at Rangers, but he is god awful at international level.

Gordon obv lol

Hutton Weir Mcmanus Jay

Mcfadden Brown Fletcher Ferguson Mcculouch

Boyd/O'conner

really undecided about upfront. Boyd dosent seem to work up front hiself but then again, does o'conner?

based on last two Scotland games - Boyd Deserves to start over O'conner .

-------------Gordon---------------

-Hutton--Weir---McManus--Mcevely

-----------Bazza----Fletcher--------

--McFadden-------------McCulloch

----------------Brown----------------

----------------Boyd-----------------

yea ano boyd upfront himself, but a dont think mcfadden could do it himself upfront, o'connor isnt playing great and miller is out injured

----------------Gordon--------------------

Hutton-----Weir----McManus----McEvley

----------Ferguson----Fletcher------------

Brown---------McCulloch-------McFadden

-------------------Boyd---------------------

You could also swap Brown, McFadden and McCulloch about. I'd also rather play Boyd upfront ahead of O'Connor, I dont rate the guy one bit!

You could also swap Brown, McFadden and McCulloch about. I'd also rather play Boyd upfront ahead of O'Connor, I dont rate the guy one bit!

good thing about the squad

good thing about the squad

Like this too. Boyd deserves a start - if not play McCulloch up front and bring in Robson.

Only two days to go, before the next match, now how do you think Scotland should play this one.

I actually think we have more of a chance if we have a go at them from the start give them a bit of a shock and try and snatch an early goal.

Damage limitation, in case the 2nd place comes down to goal difference!

Only two days to go, before the next match, now how do you think Scotland should play this one.

I actually think we have more of a chance if we have a go at them from the start give them a bit of a shock and try and snatch an early goal.

If there is a tie for second place they take into consideration the head to heads first of all between the two teams, and if they can't be split on that then goal difference is taken into consideration.

There is no point going for damage limitation as goal difference does not matter, it's head to head records that decide. We have already lost to Italy and Ukraine 2-0 and while i fancy us to beat the mutants at home and maybe even the Italians, we will not win by 2 or more goals. Head to head with France will not matter either as they will romp the rest of the group. Got to make sure we are head on points, so go for a result and not just try to make sure we only lose 1-0.

Teale has withdrawn from the squad due to a sickness bug and hasn't even travelled, fucking get in. One less numpty we need to worry about somehow getting a game.

Also for the people advocating McCulloch starting, can i just ask why? Fair enough maybe somewhere in midfield as big hard as nails will get the tackles in, but no way should he be up front. While he might be good for Rangers he has been absolute gash for Scotland, this is not the game to start experimenting playing him up front.

If there is a tie for second place they take into consideration the head to heads first of all between the two teams, and if they can't be split on that then goal difference is taken into consideration.

Ah right, was wondering if this was gonna happen or not.

Becoming more and more fashionable, I mind it played a big part in the La Liga finale last year.

Ah right, was wondering if this was gonna happen or not.

Becoming more and more fashionable, I mind it played a big part in the La Liga finale last year.

I'll be honest I hate it, I think it should be goal difference pure and simple, unless of course it was to work to Scotland's favour. :rolleyes:

I would go with....

Gordon

Hutton

Weir

McManus

McEvely

Ferguson

McCulloch

Brown

Fletcher

McFadden

Boyd

Fingers crossed.

I wouldn't play Boyd up front alone. It doesn't work for Rangers, so would it work for Scotland?

If we're to have a lone man up front:

Same defence as yours, plus:

Ferguson, McCulloch, Brown, Fletcher and Maloney, then McFadden.

We'll need mobility and pace up front.