***France vs Scotland match thread***

Poetry_In_Blue

MNSA - If McFadden doesn't start i'll give you my computor !

If McFadden doesn't start the McLeish will be lucky to make it home to Scotland ALIVE !!

1-0 tonight with McFadden the Hero !! (I feel a repeat of the Holland game at Hampden a few years back)

What did I tell you !! Was there ever a dought ???

I wouldn't play Boyd up front alone. It doesn't work for Rangers, so would it work for Scotland?

If we're to have a lone man up front:

Same defence as yours, plus:

Ferguson, McCulloch, Brown, Fletcher and Maloney, then McFadden.

We'll need mobility and pace up front.

You're not the only one who had a clue m8 ;)

I only got the left back position wrong with my team selection. :rolleyes:

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i woke up this morning thinking that was all a dream!!

but what a goal by mcfadden! i know he had been criticised before the game but i thought paul hartley was immense!! the whole back 4 was also and craig gordon made great saves at key times! in fact there wasnt a bad performance all night!

"IN THE YEAR OF OUR LORD 2007, PATRIOTS OF SCOTLAND, STARVING AND OUTNUMBERED, CHARGED THE FIELDS OF PARIS. THEY FOUGHT LIKE WARRIOR POETS. THEY FOUGHT LIKE SCOTSMEN. AND WON THEIR THREE POINTS"

i woke up this morning thinking that was all a dream!!

but what a goal by mcfadden! i know he had been criticised before the game but i thought paul hartley was immense!! the whole back 4 was also and craig gordon made great saves at key times! in fact there wasnt a bad performance all night!

"IN THE YEAR OF OUR LORD 2007, PATRIOTS OF SCOTLAND, STARVING AND OUTNUMBERED, CHARGED THE FIELDS OF PARIS. THEY FOUGHT LIKE WARRIOR POETS. THEY FOUGHT LIKE SCOTSMEN. AND WON THEIR THREE POINTS"

:clap:

I lol'd =)

From TeamTalk, quoting French newspaper Liberation:

"The paper further showed a slight confusion about Scotland when it described the supporters as "Anglo-Saxons" - a description that would not go down well with the Celtic nation.

Grudgingly admitting that the Scots fans had taken over half the stadium and created all the atmosphere, the paper said of Scotland's defensive tactics: "Only Anglo-Saxon fans could get excited at seeing the ball belted out for a corner, keeping the ball in play or a well-timed tackle."

The what nation? FOLLOW FOLLOW WE WILL FOLLOW SCOTLAND.

:rangers:

Loved this quote from Darryl Broadfoot in The Herald online today:

"Scotland were disadvantaged before kick-off; forced to wear the hideous away kit with the sky-blue Saltire emblazoned across the chest." :lol:

All the odds were against us - even that ghastly kit - and still we triumphed. What an incredible achievement!

put it this way, my company chairman, who is also Scottish, phoned me from his vacation home in BC to say we had won and what an incredible result it was. :lol:

also, my brother phoned me completely pished and full of joy.

I was in the pub last night, and O'Conner kicked the ball down to the corner flag with a couple of minutes left and the pub went wild as if we'd scored, with shouts of ''quality'', ''superb'', etc.

I thought that summed up Scottish football beautifully.

tell me what team wouldnt of done that?

I was in the pub last night, and O'Conner kicked the ball down to the corner flag with a couple of minutes left and the pub went wild as if we'd scored, with shouts of ''quality'', ''superb'', etc.

I thought that summed up Scottish football beautifully.

tell me what team wouldnt of done that?

I don't disagree with punting the ball away, either that or run into the corners and hold it up. Just the reaction in the pub when kicking a ball out for a throw in, or kicking it to the corner flags. Seriously when O'Connor kicked it, it was like we'd scored a second.

i think considering the circumstances surrounding the game and the fact we were so close i dont blame anyone for doing it especially since we were playing the french! but if that was against a team like lithuania and we were 1-0 up and doing that and people were cheering for it....... :craphead:

Only two days to go, before the next match, now how do you think Scotland should play this one.

I actually think we have more of a chance if we have a go at them from the start give them a bit of a shock and try and snatch an early goal.

Damage limitation, in case the 2nd place comes down to goal difference!

I love being wrong :lol: