Scott Brown

Anyone else going to admit it then?

I am...

I'm gutted they pinched him from under our noses. The boy is sheer class, whether we want to admit it or not, and could have been a fantastic player for us.

Fair Minded On An Emotional Night Loyal :)

You'll be in the minority then!

I thought he had a good game, will go on to become a star but we just couldn't part with £25,000 a week for potential.

I agree his touch his bad sometimes, however generally if he loses the ball through a bad touch he is snapping at the heals to get it back. I would really like to have seen him in a Rangers shirt. However for a supposed bluenose, I can't understand why he'd go to Celtic for only slightly more money?

Arrogant, money-hungry wee fud who just happens to be a very good footballer, I think is the answer to that! Can't stand his character, but he has everything he needs to succeed.

I agree his touch his bad sometimes, however generally if he loses the ball through a bad touch he is snapping at the heals to get it back. I would really like to have seen him in a Rangers shirt. However for a supposed bluenose, I can't understand why he'd go to Celtic for only slightly more money?

Arrogant, money-hungry wee fud who just happens to be a very good footballer, I think is the answer to that! Can't stand his character, but he has everything he needs to succeed.

deffo!

I agree his touch his bad sometimes, however generally if he loses the ball through a bad touch he is snapping at the heals to get it back.

One of the major points I made when we didn't get him was that in the more direct and rough and tumble SPL that is considered as tenacity, but if he played in a better and more technical league he would be considered a poor player because of it!

He's not sheer class at all.

His touch is still suspect at the best of times, as is his passing. There were a few occassions when French players flew past him before he even knew what had happened!

Tonights a great night, but I'm not letting it cloud my judgement.

Agreed.

Check my post history to check what I wrote about him in the match thread during the game. I said something about his bad touch too.

thought he had a good game but so did most players!!! I was particularly impressed with how he was being bundled down and beatin about by france players a few times and did not respond at all when he has previously been judged to have a short fuse

I agree his touch his bad sometimes, however generally if he loses the ball through a bad touch he is snapping at the heals to get it back.

One of the major points I made when we didn't get him was that in the more direct and rough and tumble SPL that is considered as tenacity, but if he played in a better and more technical league he would be considered a poor player because of it!

Aye, for that reason KT was the better Hibs signing.

Was less than ordinary against Lithuania. The whole team raised their game last night, Brown included. I wish we had got him, but I would not go overboard on the superlatives for him.

i thought brown and fletch in the middle against lithuania were great! the amount of times brown won the ball was terrific. but i do agree his touch is suspect.

He is by far the most over-rated player in Scotland just now.

His indicipline almost cost us last night with his unwillingness to track back and follow his man.

By all means, he has a great engine and driving force, but thats it. The media hype surrounding his is astonishing.

£10m, your havin' a laugh!

His touch is still suspect at the best of times, as is his passing. There were a few occassions when French players flew past him before he even knew what had happened!

Spot on mate, awfull passing in most of his performances ive seen. Good player but will never be great until he sorts out the passing.

Spot on mate, awfull passing in most of his performances ive seen. Good player but will never be great until he sorts out the passing.

If he can't pass a ball properly at 21 I doubt he'll ever beable to!

But it's ok he gets through 14km a match and thast enough to make him a great player! :craphead:

He is by far the most over-rated player in Scotland just now.

His indicipline almost cost us last night with his unwillingness to track back and follow his man.

By all means, he has a great engine and driving force, but thats it. The media hype surrounding his is astonishing.

£10m, your havin' a laugh!

Spot on here, sloppy passing consistently everytime ive seen him. Overrated big time.

Im glad we didnt get him and have said i didnt want him right back as far as when we thought he was coming. He has a bit of power and pace about him and a good engine, but sadly thats all that stands out for me.

He is a good player who has potential, but like every other prospect needs to improve his game further. His passing leaves a lot to be desired for a start. He would be found out if he went to England as he would be an ordinary player, Celtic is a safe bet for him because the attributes he does have will shine in the SPL, but his qualities are all only relevant to his surroundings.

hutton was having to cover for him last night as he was getting caught out of position.

sorry mate did you watch the game hutton played well, the two of them dovetailed together hutton was not covering for brown they were playing well together.

hutton was having to cover for him last night as he was getting caught out of position.

sorry mate did you watch the game hutton played well, the two of them dovetailed together hutton was not covering for brown they were playing well together.

Don't agree, Hutton was being left exposed constantly as Brown was getting caught out for most of the game.

Did you not hear Eck screaming at him to stay with his man and not to run around following the ball?