Names on strips

Dan Deacon

Just watched the goal again and has this wee thought.

The Scotland team do not have names on the backs of their shirts, maybe I am reading into this a little too much but do you think its something that the management decide not to do, to try and remove the significance of a players name and status/reputation and focus on team effort???

I am sure we're not the only country not to have names, but just wondered from a physcolgical view if this was something that is done intentionally???

The Scotland team do not have names on the backs of their shirts, maybe I am reading into this a little too much but do you think its something that the management decide not to do, to try and remove the significance of a players name and status/reputation and focus on team effort???

I am sure we're not the only country not to have names, but just wondered from a physcolgical view if this was something that is done intentionally???

I was actually thinking along the same lines yesterday. If it is intentional (focusing on team rather than individuals), then it's working a charm.

The reason we didnt have names on the back of the strips was because McLeish was waiting till the very last possible time to announce his starting 11...As a result of this there was no time available to get them printed up !!